K

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey everybody, look!!!

Under my hero J.Robin inflation is down to 3.3%!!

Just don't look under the hood where that 3.3% is based/compounded off of a 15% avg[probably too low] inflationary pace over the past 3 years.

Don't do the math, it will ruin your day!

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jetboi when is the fed dropping rates?

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
2023 Q3 Household Debt - a blindly all time high of $17.29 Trillion

On February 6, the New York Fed will release Q4 2023 numbers. Here's a hint, it ain't going down....

You can cherrypick little bright spots all you want, but at the end of the day, it's about the economic pain households are experiencing. THAT is the only economic indicator that matters. The rest of the data is jerkoff fodder for sipin clowns and failed Administrations hoping to remain in office.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd

hopefully not for awhile.....that era of super low rates helped cause the conditions now. anybody with a brain could see what was coming. interest rates of 5-6% for a mortgage would be a good settling point.

but everybody thinks 5% is to high because it used to be 2.5%....this is just another cycle like its been doing forever....bob

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
2023 Q3 Household Debt - a blindly all time high of $17.29 Trillion

On February 6, the New York Fed will release Q4 2023 numbers. Here's a hint, it ain't going down....

You can cherrypick little bright spots all you want, but at the end of the day, it's about the economic pain households are experiencing. THAT is the only economic indicator that matters. The rest of the data is jerkoff fodder for sipin clowns and failed Administrations hoping to remain in office.

Yeah this is not a good economy for those with zero impulse control and financial discipline.

When you think about how much money was taken from you at the fuel pump, grocery store, and about every other purchase you make it should make you really mad.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

hopefully not for awhile.....that era of super low rates helped cause the conditions now. anybody with a brain could see what was coming. interest rates of 5-6% for a mortgage would be a good settling point.

but everybody thinks 5% is to high because it used to be 2.5%....this is just another cycle like its been doing forever....bob

Agreed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The high employment figures can be traced back directly to Trump’s confrontation with China, which resulted in massive “re-shoring”, I.e. making things in places other than China, including the US.

Employment is a good thing, but the only number that is really relevant is the worker productivity level. If employees make more s#it per hour, the economy moves forward. After being stagnant or going backward during the Covidiocy, it’s now improving pretty dramatically (3.2% last quarter). That drives both profits and wages up. Wages are finally rising faster than inflation. Profits are also improving.

Ironically, higher wages can be a good thing for producers, as it forces innovation through mechanization / automation. If you can hire Jose and his six children for 7.50 an hour to pluck chickens, you have much less motivation to automate that job than when you have to pay $18. Additional automation results in higher worker productivity, which boosts the whole cycle again.

As long as interest rates don’t go high enough that producers can’t afford the automation, that process will continue.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The working class who aren't employed by the government are the ones feeling the pinch. The deadbeats, freeloaders and wealthy are living better than ever. Inflation is supposedly only up 8%, everything I buy seems to be up 30+ percent compared to before the plandemic hoax. FJB and anyone who voted for him.

Life is good live it while you can.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The working class who aren't employed by the government are the ones feeling the pinch. The deadbeats, freeloaders and wealthy are living better than ever. Inflation is supposedly only up 8%, everything I buy seems to be up 30+ percent compared to before the plandemic hoax. FJB and anyone who voted for him.
Yes

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes

no......even those who work for .gov is paying like everybody else. they buy cars , houses, food etc....bob

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yes

no......even those who work for .gov is paying like everybody else. they buy cars , houses, food etc....bob
.gov raised the rates

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Papag
Good economy my azz! 79, worked hard since Jr high, saved, invested, own a house in town, a small farm,three older vehicles all free and clear. Fixed income. Semi invalid wife, though improving.
A trip to the store that cost $100 two years ago is now $200. A 13 pack of soda that was $3.99 or $.4.99 is now $8.99.
Burger now $8 or more. Packages are the same size but hold less.
Gas way higher than two-three years ago.
Property taxes are more than any mortgage I ever had.
We get by but sure aren't living as well as four years ago.
Without good insurance, we'd be bankrupt. Not Obozocare, either.
How the neck the demented one can claim anything good has come from his reign is beyond me.
What emergency will Ziden and my bloated governor, the billionaire Prickster, pull off next?

Cockjockey says the economy is better now than when President Trump was running the show.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes

.gov raised the rates

I don't think so...even if they were solely responsible it affects their employees too....bob

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Isn’t the fed .gov🤷‍♂️

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And wages are outpacing inflation. So, you now have more buying power than you did a year ago. Great news.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,666
Posts18,513,054
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.