Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Part of the allure of Costco is the "treasure hunt" aspect of shopping their. I take the 80 mile round trip to ours about once a month. Buy some things on sale and others that we can only find there. Also cruise a couple of aisles (auto, hardware/tool, etc) just to see what they may have. Not too long ago, they had quick fit Mechanixs glove 3 for $18. I bought 3 packs (9 total) and really liked them. Planned to buy more, but on my next trip they were gone and have never reappeared. They have recently had some Heavy Duty black nitrile gloves that we like to wear salmon fishing. Thick and a good fit. I bought 10 boxes.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If making big purchases I’d definitely get the Executive membership since it gives you 2% back. We switched to the Executive membership when the kids were young and diapers, wipes, formula, etc all added up. In the 20 years that we’ve had the Executive membership we’ve essentially gotten our membership for free. Our year end check from them now has averaged about $150 a year so we get a free membership and $50 or so. I like Costco, I like the quality of their products and they have a good return policy. Walmart is the place that I absolutely cannot stand…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a house today. I suppose I'll be checking out their appliances.
But... Nearest costco is 90 miles away at Iowa City

"Chances Will Be Taken"

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If making big purchases I’d definitely get the Executive membership since it gives you 2% back. We switched to the Executive membership when the kids were young and diapers, wipes, formula, etc all added up. In the 20 years that we’ve had the Executive membership we’ve essentially gotten our membership for free. Our year end check from them now has averaged about $150 a year so we get a free membership and $50 or so. I like Costco, I like the quality of their products and they have a good return policy. Walmart is the place that I absolutely cannot stand…

Good to know. Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, forgot the tires. I’ve not been able to beat their tire deals. Only problem is they are persnickety about putting “other than recommended” sizes on vehicles.

It sure is nice to shop at a place where the employees are happy to be there, happy you are there, and hustle to get you taken care of.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I hate shopping. Costco too crowded with friggin" shoppers , kids , ugly women, cripples.

Good place to but bird food . We buy 5-6 bags at a time. They quit the bird feed ...adios.

Their tires are all price point . Bought a couple sets of Michelins for my 3/4 Ton Duramaxses.

Wore out in about a month.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stumbled on a random podcast..

It was about Costco.

Long story short..

Costco is the most profitable per square foot of retail space of any business.
They turn over product in weeks..

Most items are sold before the invoice is due ( net 30 ).

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cisco1
I hate shopping. Costco too crowded with friggin" shoppers , kids , ugly women, cripples.

Good place to but bird food . We buy 5-6 bags at a time. They quit the bird feed ...adios.

Their tires are all price point . Bought a couple sets of Michelins for my 3/4 Ton Duramaxses.

nothing I hate worse than buying a set of tires for my truck and then having to buy another set in a month...bob

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I read good things about their hearing aids.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I read good things about their hearing aids.
What???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Pure comedy.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

nothing I hate worse than buying a set of tires for my truck and then having to buy another set in a month...bob

I don't know about Costco, but Walmart can beat the entire world on prices for tires...because they can get the exact same tire made at a lower level of quality.

They are even marked the same apparently. Or maybe marked so minutely different that no one could tell the difference.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Good to know. Thanks

Calvin;
Top of the morning sir, I hope that this finds you and your fine family well.

My cyber friend Aces' experience mirrors our own with regards to the executive membership. Even though there's only my wife and I now, I want to say we still only paid about $50 for the membership when we got the cash back total last year.

Clothes are often really inexpensive there and honestly decent quality. The downside is no fitting room so it's a bit of a crap shoot for some people perhaps.

From mid September until March here I live in their True North Merino wool base layer shirts which are made in Canada and still only run $22 CDN. I want to say MEC was north of $100 CDN for a similar long sleeve Merino shirt.

Being married to someone who has an accountant's brain doesn't hurt, as my better half has a memory for numbers and prices that I don't, but I compensate by being a world class "list writer", which is good until I forget the list of course.

But sometimes Costco is more money than our local Super Store on stuff like white vinegar or even smaller bags of flour or sugar.

Where Costco shines to us is they'll have the bulk packaging, whether entire pork loins or huge bags of rice, that are a bargain but do require the purchaser to have the space to store and the know how to deal with breaking down the item if it's a loin for instance.

Our local one had whole frozen lambs a couple times and we picked up one for our daughter and her husband - he being a wonderful chef and she being a lamb meat eater of epic proportion. Couldn't have begun to buy that much cut up and packaged lamb for whatever it was, but yes we had to break it down and repackage.

Ours is never not a complete packed house or nearly so, but we always come away amazed at how efficient the staff are at processing folks so fast.

As a final thought, I'm guessing that the increased security and checks in and out there radically reduce theft and thus allow some of the savings to be passed on to the consumer.

Hope that helped.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Costco has the best deals on hearing aids.

What did you say?

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

I don't know about Costco, but Walmart can beat the entire world on prices for tires...because they can get the exact same tire made at a lower level of quality.

They are even marked the same apparently. Or maybe marked so minutely different that no one could tell the difference.

I don't doubt you and would not be surprised......but in a month?.....I don't buy my tires based on a price point, but I am sure some tightwads do.....bob

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Best place for hearing aids and eyeglasses. Really good seafood this time of year.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy the $120 membership you get money back hard to go in there at all you'll still get enough back to beat out the $65 Regular Joe membership and if you spend some more you'll get it pretty damn nice check then go buy more furniture

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hearing Aids.

What?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Been to Sam’s but not Costco

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great prices on freezers, refrigerators, appliances IF YOU PAY ATTENTION.
The store here has appliances on display but they don't sell them. You have to get them online from their website. They aren't cheap stuff, either. They're well above median level.

Several years ago, I bought an I-pad from their website. I needed one with cellular capability which is considerably more money. I saved about $200. I screwed up the 1st time and didn't get the cellular one. It didn't take long to figure that out so I took it to customer service and asked how to handle it with their 100% return policy. He said all I had to do was to return it to the factory settings. That was built in so I pushed the buttons and it reset itself. Money back immediately and I ordered the one I'd intended to get.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 3,302 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,308
Posts18,526,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.