-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gene/ Nice touch Gene. You asked for the proceedures, that could have been taken from the pages of the Speer Load manual. I relayed<BR>the proceedures that have worked for me, and others, including other posters here. You shouldn't get "blown up", taking readings off of factory ammo ,just to see that there is in fact,measurable expansion .Eq. When testing a box of factory .270, 150 grn.ammo, three rounds out of the box, clocked 3050 fps.,with case expansion of .0013". The others were at the usual 2850fps.and .00025" exp. Had I not measured these cases, I wouldn't have known how hot they were. So by saying not to use this method ,is the same as saying ,what you don't know won't hurt you. The info is there to ignore,or utilize<BR>at your option, but it is not my info, it is the info of a company who produces loading manuals for the public, so it is obiously tested in conjunction with pressure test equipment. It is my suggestion ,before anyone try these methods, you give a rep. at<BR>the Speer support dept.@ 1-800-627-3640 PST.<P>I'm not to sure about the comment in line #5<P>I assume that people worldwide, have read Old Canon's info to get yourself "blown up"<BR>Why hasn't someone come forward with a case<BR>or incident, that can be verified? I'm talking about an incident, using the proceedure's as outlined, starting at safe<BR>starting loads, utilizing new brass not fired more than one time(in a safe load) and working up in reasonable increments of the correct powder. Including backing off the recommended amount after the max. expansion has been reached. Are there any such incidents, or have the ones who utilized this DANGEROUS practice left no survivors to comment?<BR>Find one incident ,following the proceedures to a tee, and I will request to Rick Binn, the administrator to remove all of my posts,<BR>to prevent any one from getting themselves hurt.<BR> <BR>It's been a slice, and you readers do not have to worry about my comments appearing in the loading room again. Have a safe life. <p>[This message has been edited by Canon (edited April 18, 2001).]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canon,the B.S.- by the way that's a legitimate oil patch term for basic sediment,the unsalable stuff that settles to the bottom of of a tank of crude- I spoke of was not in your posts.Any open-minded person in reading your posts on this subject can't help but see that you are not using this method,case head measuring in order to push the envelope,but rather as an extra precaution.<P>There used to be a guy on here named BIGSTICK that had a lot of experience to offer.He got tired of the same treatment you recieved.Whether you continue to visit here or not,I want you to know I'm much obliged for your assistance and I'm going to follow thru on the program outlined on the other thread.<P>I will post what I find out.<P>Can you imagine a real campfire setting with know-it-all ego freaks challenging every statement made by someone not in their little circle? Such behaviour would earn them a swift trip into the horse trough in my camp.I never seen a doctoral tassle on a hunting cap yet!<P>Good hunting,GENE.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the third and last thread I have to apologize to KEN HOWELL on; KEN, I'm sorry for all remarks I made that were disparaging toward you.GENE.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Gene II!<P>Check your e-mail.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 32 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,141
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.