Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Supreme Court Grants Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold 10 Minutes to Justify Her Position on Disqualifying President Trump From Ballot

Apparently the Lawfare crew have been working and coaching overtime to give Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold a framework to explain to the Supreme Court how Colorado’s very specific election laws allow for presidential candidates to be disqualified despite meeting all constitutional requirements. State Solicitor General Sharon Stevenson would be the legal mind representing Jena Griswold. This should be an interesting attempt.

Griswold asked the Supreme Court for 15 minutes to explain how Colorado law supersedes the U.S. Constitution. In an order announced earlier today, the court has granted Ms. Griswold 10 minutes to make her case. The oral arguments will take place on Thursday, February 8th.

President Trump’s attorneys will have 40 minutes.

The Lawfare group “Colorado voters”, funded by CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington), will have 30 minutes,

The Colorado Secretary of State will have 10 minutes.

Hat Tip: Sundance

I don't know that this will be the "defining moment" by the USSC ruling on attempts by states to keep Trump off the ballot, but should at least be indicative of the issues they are considering.

Jena Griswold is psycho. Consider her the poster child for everything that is wrong with this country. She is desperately working her way up the food chain to the national level. She once threatened to put President Trump in jail.

Stay tuned folks....

Griswold was born in Toledo, Ohio,and moved to Estes Park, Colorado, at the age of 10. She graduated from Estes Park High School in 2002. She graduated from Whitman College magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Spanish Literature in 2006. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School with a Juris Doctor in 2011. In 2006, Griswold was awarded the Watson Foundation Fellowship, and in 2009, the Penn Law International Human Rights Fellowship.

Griswold moved to Washington, D.C. in 2011, and worked for President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign as a voter protection attorney. In 2013, Governor John Hickenlooper appointed her to be his liaison to the federal government.

Wikipedia

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would venture the gentleman is to be assumed innocent until convicted in a court of law. Seems her actions might be premature.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/03/24.

1Minute
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If I met somebody with eyes like that in a dark alley some night, I'd do a mag dump! That gal looks like she would rip your heart out and snack on it!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And hopefully the Justices start questioning her as soon as she opens her mouth and whoopsie! it’s 10 minutes and thank you very much.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would have thought that, if she was from Colorado, she would have been from Boulder. But Estes Park works for the psychotic.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why do so many of those ultra Leftist chicks have the same "crazy eyes"?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by reivertom

Because they are fuqking nuts!

I attribute it to Bipolar but I could be wrong as I not really licensed.

But I am not wrong on them being fuqking nuts.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They're not called "crazy eyes" for nothing.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Look at her nut job eyes, she is unhinged.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Mental illness is a feature of the leftists.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's downright scary lookin' and serves as fine evidence there's life on other planets.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya Like that will work, when it hits the Supreme Court it will be this

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
'Trump Is ‘One of the Largest Dangers to This Country’

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold said Friday on CNN’s “OutFront” that former President Donald Trump is “one of the largest dangers to this country.”

Burnett said, “Tonight a flurry of preparation under way in the Supreme Court’s oral arguments over whether Trump should be kicked off the Colorado ballot. Colorado’s secretary of state now officially taking a stand and urging the justices to disqualify Trump using the 14th Amendment as justification. Her legal team has just been granted 10 minutes on Thursday to make that argument before the highest court.”

Griswold said, “Our message is pretty simple. it’s the idea, the clear statement that states can stop oath breaking insurrectionists from appearing on our ballots. I imagine that the Supreme Court may focus its questions on the role of state law and how the Constitution interacts with state law.”

She continued, “I’ve always believed that Trump incited the insurrection, but it was pretty clear that regardless of my personal thoughts, a court was going to decide did his actions reach the level of disqualification under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment? And a court has, the Colorado Supreme Court looked at all the district court findings, special a specialized amount of time and determined he did engage in insurrection and that on top of that the Constitution applies to the president. There is no get-out-of-jail-free card for insurrection for Donald Trump. And honestly, I think they got it right.”

Griswold added, “Donald Trump incited the insurrection. That was just part of his strategy to steal the 2020 election from the American people. I think he should be held accountable. And whether it’s in the other cases you have talked about tonight or this case, he is a clear threat to this country. I believe he’s one of the largest dangers to this country.”

Breitbart

Wonder who she considers the other "largest dangers to this country"?

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/04/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have no faith in this Supreme Court.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, after thinking some more about this.........

The backstory is CREW brought a civil suit in CO to keep Trump off the ballot for "insurrection", and a District Judge agreed part way:

DENVER — A Colorado Judge on Friday found that former President Donald Trump engaged in insurrection during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol but rejected an effort to keep him off the state's primary ballot because it's unclear whether a Civil War-era Constitutional amendment barring insurrectionists from public office applies to the presidency.

The lawsuit, brought by a left-leaning group on behalf of a group of Republican and independent Colorado voters, contended that Trump's actions related to the attack ran afoul of a clause in the 14th Amendment that prevents anyone from holding office who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the Constitution.

CREW filed an appeal with the CO State Supreme Court which agreed Trump committed insurrection AND determined Trump was off the primary ballot because of Article 14, sec 3:

DENVER (AP) —A divided Colorado Supreme Court on Tuesday declared former President Donald Trump ineligible for the White House under the U.S. Constitution’s insurrection clause and removed him from the state’s presidential primary ballot, setting up a likely showdown in the nation’s highest court to decide whether the front-runner for the GOP nomination can remain in the race.

So, as I see it Trump's attorneys will argue at least two major points:

1. Trump did not cause "insurrection" - the lower courts ruling were flawed.

2. Article 14, sec 3, does not apply to the President (plenty of news analysis articles on this point you can read for yourself). The COSC ruling was flawed.

3. Maybe some more stuff to throw against the wall.

The USSC could just rule on #1, Trump did not cause insurrection. But, that would leave the door open for other state cases (hoping to provide better "proof") to worm their way to the USSC, only having to deal with this again, probably many times, as I believe at least MN and MI cases are headed that way and probably more in the works. Potentially fragmenting the presidential ballot across the nation.

Or ...... The USSC could rule on #2 and say Article 14, sec 3, does not apply to the President. In which case the attack plan of using Article 14 dies a sudden death. Which would leave The Swamp with two options; Cheat like Hell again or Assassination. In the mean time, The Swamp will let loose their Foot Soldiers across the nation (Antifa and BLM) to riot and burn chit down over the USSC decision.

Or....... The USSC could agree Trump caused insurrection AND Article 14, sec 3, DOES apply to the President. So Trump is off the ballot. In which case, load the gun, we will officially be in full blown Dictatorship.

So ya, this USSC decision will be a BIG fug'n deal no matter how it shakes out. Nikki probably hanging in there to see the outcome.

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/04/24.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
X2

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by steve4102
X2

Which means, what?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (22kHornet, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 222ND, 36 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,648
Posts18,533,810
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.