Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Curious as to what crypto currency is and how it works...I asked a guy in the business a few years ago...He explained and explained, I still didn't get it...finally in exasperation he told me, "Look Flint, forget about it's value quoted in dollars and where and how that is established...when you buy crypto, you are just buying it in the faith that somewhere down the road, someone will pay more for it than you did".
Even though I still don't understand it.....That is all I needed to know.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It would be nice if Block SQ shares started rising like Bitcoin.

SATOSHI

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guy I went to high school with got in heavy under $500 in 2015-16 or there abouts. Apparently he's held everything and added from what I hear from mutual acquaintances. Supposedly well into the millions in value currently but he keeps holding.

Not for me, doesn't make it wrong, might even make me dumb. Time will tell.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So the way to make money with bitcoin is to treat it like a commodity and not a means of exchange?
Buy low, sell high and cash out before it crashes. Rinse and repeat.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
you make my point without even knowing it.

My point is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and making it was my intention. You don’t even know anything about the Tulip Futures Bubble beyond the fact that there was one.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Ok, so who has cashed out? You put how much in, and took how much out?

Profits?

Feel free to brag if applicable.

So who has pocketed profits?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I sold some during the 2021 bull run. Percentage-wise it was a very good profit but I still hold the majority of what I purchased prior. I did buy a little when it was in the lows 20s. If the price went to 0 right now I'd still be in the green overall.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Golly Gee... who would have ever guessed?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I sold some during the 2021 bull run. Percentage-wise it was a very good profit but I still hold the majority of what I purchased prior. I did buy a little when it was in the lows 20s. If the price went to 0 right now I'd still be in the green overall.
Now you're playing with the house's money.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The SEC’s chairman is investigating the Ethereum Foundation and is pushing to have it listed as a security.

This move by the SEC is in line with the Biden Administration’s crackdown on the whole cryptocurrency industry labeling it as a “lawless entity”.

WSJ, Fortune

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I wouldn’t touch any crypto scam currency!
I agree to that part in a way. It won't stay. But you can make some big money in a hurry if you risk it. At our age risk is just not worth it. Really never was actually. Just solid investments that return well enough.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wish I had bought a tone if it in 2019

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Golly Gee... who would have ever guessed?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Once the ATH was made I expected a bigger dip. Am really surprised it is still in the mid to upper 60s since like in 2021 there was a good bit of this sort of thing going on:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Which "unlocks" a lot of volume. Assuming those transactions were to cash out, that is a pretty nice ride.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Profits?

Sold enough last week to pay off 2 small amounts left on heavy equipment loans which puts the company and us personally debt free. Using the rest of what I cashed out to head to Florida next week.
I’ll be buying the next sizable dip, and firmly believe there’s massive upside and potential to make $$ if you have the stomach for the volatility.
Didn’t do as well as I have on the NVDA I bought last August for $480+/- That’s around $900/share now.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A couple of bitcoin factors coming up.

It will half shortly.

In the 2nd quarter UK 's. ETF"S come on line.

I think it will hit _______

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
All I can do is shake my head. You can't convince someone into Bitcoin. I gave all the info needed years ago on here to understand and learn about BTC.

Here are some facts.
1) BTC is the best performing investment ever.
2) Fink wouldn't be buying it period if it wasn't as good as claimed! Take a close look at his purchases.
3) It is the fastest growing ETF ever.
4) Much smarter and successful money managers then us all realize the legitimacy of BTC.
5) Yes it is a very volatile investment in the short term.
6) Hong Kong will have ETF's most likely next quarter.
7) Many countries hold BTC to include the US.
8) BTC has a set supply, unlike gold and other metals. Gold is the second most manipulated thing on earth and only second to fiat.
9) The banks, exchanges, governments all have tried to kill BTC, now they are all trying to embrace it. Go figure.
10) BTC is liquid-able. yes I have sold and had the funds in my bank same day. However selling isn't the smart thing to do. better to barrow from yourself and that way not pay taxes.
11) yes people have bought houses using BTC.
12) Once Greyscale has liquidated the bankruptcies BTC there will not be a surplus of BTC for OTC's. This has been the main reason for the price staying in the $60K range.
13) The halving is 28ish days away depending on the Hash rate. There isn't enough BTC for all the ETF's, Hong Kongs ETF launch, Saylor, Mr. 100, and all the other whales. This is without taking into account of retail investors.
14) Remember Bill Gates on I think it was the Tonight show? Yeah they laughed at him! However everything he said came true. You can't stop technology.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 03/23/24.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Profits?

Sold enough last week to pay off 2 small amounts left on heavy equipment loans which puts the company and us personally debt free. Using the rest of what I cashed out to head to Florida next week.
I’ll be buying the next sizable dip, and firmly believe there’s massive upside and potential to make $$ if you have the stomach for the volatility.
Didn’t do as well as I have on the NVDA I bought last August for $480+/- That’s around $900/share now.

Ok, It’s real and gains can be taken in cash, Nice..

It still scares me (ignorance) and why do i feel I’ve missed the boat? At this point I have to pass.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Profits?

It still scares me (ignorance) and why do i feel I’ve missed the boat? At this point I have to pass.

Easy button for me was setting up a Coinbase account,
then a seperate bank account with only my name on it, or if not make sure the coin base account is registered exactly like your bank account (middle initial or full name etc.) deposit cash into account, buy whatever crypto asset you’re interested in, when it goes up and you’re ready to sell, cash out and it’s back in my bank account in less than 24hrs available for use

There’s nothing hard or scary to it. Currency is dead, no one is going to want your gold in trade for food etc…until they figure out how to control it, BTC and others are the best thing that’s happened for freedom in the last 100 years. We can finally have our monetary system back if we embrace it.

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/23/24.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
All I can do is shake my head. You can't convince someone into Bitcoin. I gave all the info needed years ago on here to understand and learn about BTC.

Here are some facts.
1) BTC is the best performing investment ever.
2) Fink wouldn't be buying it period if it wasn't as good as claimed! Take a close look at his purchases.
3) It is the fastest growing ETF ever.
4) Much smarter and successful money managers then us all realize the legitimacy of BTC.
5) Yes it is a very volatile investment in the short term.
6) Hong Kong will have ETF's most likely next quarter.
7) Many countries hold BTC to include the US.
8) BTC has a set supply, unlike gold and other metals. Gold is the second most manipulated thing on earth and only second to fiat.
9) The banks, exchanges, governments all have tried to kill BTC, now they are all trying to embrace it. Go figure.
10) BTC is liquid-able. yes I have sold and had the funds in my bank same day. However selling isn't the smart thing to do. better to barrow from yourself and that way not pay taxes.
11) yes people have bought houses using BTC.
12) Once Greyscale has liquidated the bankruptcies BTC there will not be a surplus of BTC for OTC's. This has been the main reason for the price staying in the $60K range.
13) The halving is 28ish days away depending on the Hash rate. There isn't enough BTC for all the ETF's, Hong Kongs ETF launch, Saylor, Mr. 100, and all the other whales. This is without taking into account of retail investors.
14) Remember Bill Gates on I think it was the Tonight show? Yeah they laughed at him! However everything he said came true. You can't stop technology.

Good to see you posting here again MCH!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Profits?

Easy button for me was setting up a Coinbase account,
then a seperate bank account with only my name on it, or if not make sure the coin base account is registered exactly like your bank account (middle initial or full name etc.) deposit cash into account, buy whatever crypto asset you’re interested in, when it goes up and you’re ready to sell, cash out and it’s back in my bank account in less than 24hrs available for use

There’s nothing hard or scary to it. Currency is dead, no one is going to want your gold in trade for food etc…until they figure out how to control it, BTC and others are the best thing that’s happened for freedom in the last 100 years. We can finally have our monetary system back if we embrace it.

Minimum initial investment?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 222ND, 49 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,236
Posts18,504,492
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.