Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi said they wouldn’t drop rates
When did I say that? Most economists say 7 rate cuts, but my guess is more like 3-4. Wage growth is now outpacing inflation, inflation is almost under 3%, job growth still looks fantastic, and like I said, restaurants are packed. I remember going to a restaurant in April 2020 and there were only a handful of people in the entire restaurant. Now it’s tough to get reservations.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jetjockey
OMG. Sell sell sell! Btw. This is the same idiot who claimed there was a 99% chance of recession in 2012, and he claimed there was a 75% chance in 2022, so what happened? The simple fact of the matter is economy’s dont come out of a major recession and go back into another recession 1-2 years later. Too many “economists” spend too much time reading graphs and trying to predict recessions via yield curves. Well guess what, you can’t! If you can predict human behavior then and ONLY then can you predict a recession. Btw. Current car rates via my Credit Union are 5.49% and home mortgages are running 6.8%. Oh ya, I just tried to make reservations for the wife and I for date night on Fri and the only thing available is before 5pm or after 8pm. There is nothing available on Saturday until 8:30 and only in the bar. Yup, the economy is tanking. Sell sell sell boys.

Just cast your vote for Biden and STFU, you fugking commie moron.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
OMG. Sell sell sell! Btw. This is the same idiot who claimed there was a 99% chance of recession in 2012, and he claimed there was a 75% chance in 2022, so what happened? The simple fact of the matter is economy’s dont come out of a major recession and go back into another recession 1-2 years later. Too many “economists” spend too much time reading graphs and trying to predict recessions via yield curves. Well guess what, you can’t! If you can predict human behavior then and ONLY then can you predict a recession. Btw. Current car rates via my Credit Union are 5.49% and home mortgages are running 6.8%. Oh ya, I just tried to make reservations for the wife and I for date night on Fri and the only thing available is before 5pm or after 8pm. There is nothing available on Saturday until 8:30 and only in the bar. Yup, the economy is tanking. Sell sell sell boys.

Still living rent free in that tiny brain of yours. I love it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Still living rent free in that tiny brain of yours. I love it.
GFY ass-wipe

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When did I say that? Most economists say 7 rate cuts, but my guess is more like 3-4. Wage growth is now outpacing inflation, inflation is almost under 3%, job growth still looks fantastic, and like I said, restaurants are packed. I remember going to a restaurant in April 2020 and there were only a handful of people in the entire restaurant. Now it’s tough to get reservations.

Really???
Using April 2020 as a reference point/benchmark for restaurant business?
YGTBFK

Inflation 'almost' under 3%
That's compounded on 3 years of massive inflation[do you comprehend this?]

FJB & FJT
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jetboi is a expurt economist

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Told me that it sounded like I needed to hire someone to help with my job after I explained what all is involved in owning/running my own business.

He has zero clue, just as most other leftists.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeezuz. I can’t get a reservation anywhere for our typical date night spots. At this rate, we may have to stay in town. Must be a recession.

You ignorant Coffee Badger chkunt. Nobody wants you or your fugkin money stinking up their place.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Consumers are spending like crazy and credit card debt is at an all time high--- hmmm coincidence for sure

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Raeford

Told me that it sounded like I needed to hire someone to help with my job after I explained what all is involved in owning/running my own business.

Yes he’s a dumfuk 🤡

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Well my wife hires people for the things you were complaining about. Just saying.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Well my wife hires people for the things you were complaining about. Just saying.

It wasn't a 'complaint', more of I may have a better grip on 'economics' than someone that doesn't live it daily.
YMMV

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Really???
YGTBFK

Yep. Sure do. I also understand why the jump in inflation occured (hint. It wasn’t government hand outs) and I also understand what it means when wages outpace inflation (hint. Better buying power).

My guess is all those folks complaining are the have nots, and not the haves. If you aren’t doing well in this economy, it’s nobody’s fault except your own.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Really???
YGTBFK

Yep. Sure do. I also understand why the jump in inflation occured (hint. It wasn’t government hand outs) and I also understand what it means when wages outpace inflation (hint. Better buying power).

My guess is all those folks complaining are the have nots, and not the haves. If you aren’t doing well in this economy, it’s nobody’s fault except your own.

Again, clueless.........

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

It wasn't a 'complaint', more of I may have a better grip on 'economics' than someone that doesn't live it daily.
YMMV

Oh I live it daily. I also see the massive amounts of money being made, and refuse to be a sheep and not be involved. Get out there and get it done, the economy is doing very well right now. If it weren’t, I wouldn’t be forced to wait 6-8 months for my gunsmith to start taking work again because he’s so busy.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Where did anyone state that I wasn't?

What you fail to see[admit] is that this economy is nothing more than a paper tiger economy.

A [i]"we'll keep printing it if you'll keep spending it"
economy based on nothing more.

But keep going off of those '.gov figures' they spoon feed ya, everything is all rosie[until the moment it isn't].

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Today's inflation number (3.1% y/y, 0.3% montly) doesn't strike me as particularly onerous.

What makes me go "hmmmm" is that 3/4's of that increase comes from the cost of housing (rents and ownership costs). Now, why would housing costs continue to spike at this sustained elevated rate?

We're building apartments at a record pace, so the supply is way up. But we're still 2 million housing units short in the market.

Is it a coincidence that 2 million housing units divided by 365 days a year...... is a little bit over 5,000? Where have I heard this number before, it seems like I heard it a lot, lately?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Where did anyone state that I wasn't?

What you fail to see[admit] is that this economy is nothing more than a paper tiger economy.

A [i]"we'll keep printing it if you'll keep spending it"
economy based on nothing more.

But keep going off of those '.gov figures' they spoon feed ya, everything is all rosie[until the moment it isn't].

Well, you can usually tell right away because they are the people b!tching about it. And please, read a history book and stop with the paper tiger economy only doing what it’s doing because the government is printing money BS. That’s the same boring argument used when Obama was in office. One thing about most Republicans, they are so incredibly gullible, and even easier to predict. When the fact gets pointed out to them that the economy does better under Democrats, and that every single Republican President over the last 100 years have presided over a recession, it’s the same old answer. It amazes me that they never ask themselves, why are all of the poorest states red and the richest states blue? Why does the economy always do better under Democrats? They just keep shoving their heads in the sand and can’t figure out why the world keeps passing them by.

https://evonomics.com/economists-agree-democratic-presidents-better-making-us-rich-eight-reasons/

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The first sentence in the link speaks volumes.

Done here

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bonds are saying we are in for an epic butt fugging.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 3,674 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,765
Posts18,535,799
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.