Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I guess were are lucky as the doom and gloom end of the world inflation hasn't really hit us. Been hearing all kinds of bullchit on here and everywhere else for the last 3-4 years and still waiting for the dollar to collapse.

Could it happen, sure, anything could happen but I'm sorta done worrying about it.

The crash bros have been predicting impending doom since forever.

We will have a recession, but the severity is unknown. Might be in one now. My industry is going about 150%, so I am skeptical we are. In the last recession we were about 50%, so if this is a recession, I will take it.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Finally. A little conversation without the knuckle draggers simply saying GFY. 🤣

Here’s the deal. The economy is wonderful if your smart. Too many people aren’t however. Less than 50% of all Americans have a retirement account, and of those, the average balance is pathetic. I could give a rats ass what the interest rate on a new car is. Wanna know why? I’m not financing a new car. But guess what, everyday I see people who I KNOW make a chit ton less than I do driving brand new diesel pickups that are approaching $100k, if not more. I’ve never owned a brand new vehicle, and my wife and I drive Toyotas because they last forever. The average retirement account in the US for my age bracket is about $142k, and the median is $48k. That is fuggin pathetic!! When my wife hires someone, one of the things she pushes is her companies 401k. You know what she hears from potential employees? Crickets. Half of her employees do not participate in the companies 401k. These aren’t uneducated people either, as many have their Doctoret degrees. When I lived in Georgia, I loved laughing at the redneck construction workers driving brand new trucks they financed for 10+ years. I put more in my 401k every year than they make, but they had nicer trucks, phones, TV’s etc. These are the people complaining because those trucks they have to finance cost a hell of a lot more money now. Yes, prices are up due to Covid inflation, the question for those complaining is are you doing your part to be financially successful, or are you trying to keep up with the Jones and being an idiot financially? The numbers say most Americans are being idiots.

Okay. You got yours, and f*** everyone else, right?

There ARE a lot of stupid Americans. That's why the dhimmicrats control the Senate and think there's no inflation and we can just keep on adding to the national debt, and everything will be fine.

You're a moron.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
I guess were are lucky as the doom and gloom end of the world inflation hasn't really hit us. Been hearing all kinds of bullchit on here and everywhere else for the last 3-4 years and still waiting for the dollar to collapse.

Could it happen, sure, anything could happen but I'm sorta done worrying about it.

We will have a recession, but the severity is unknown. Might be in one now. My industry is going about 150%, so I am skeptical we are. In the last recession we were about 50%, so if this is a recession, I will take it.

JMHO
The current economic conditions have[greatly] widened the gap between those barely getting by and those killing it.
I don't argue that this is still the best place for anyone with some hutzpah to drag their selves out of economic ruination, but I would say it's getting harder to do by the day.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's very easy to spend 1/3to 1/2 my paycheck
on a big grocery trip.

What kinds of food do you buy? Tbones and prime rib?

I was just south for a bit. Grocery prices were 1/2 compared to what I pay in AK. I was actually surprised how low they were considering all the doom and gloom I had been hearing.
You are out of touch, thats all. We have shopped the same, buying generally the same food for 25 years and groceries now cost a good $100+ when we go for the same product. And the cool thing is now you get less of that product for even more money. Wife and I cant get out of the grocery store for less than $300. Gas just jumped 30 cents a gallon last night. Nlow $3.69 here for 87

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
l
We buy groceries and bitch about numbers. But we buy what we want, and leave
with some money still in our wallet. It's very easy to spend 1/3to 1/2 my paycheck
on a big grocery trip.

How is this possible? You makin $16/hour? I would say get a better job.

Heck not even Conrad is that broke.

How many kids are you feeding?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by gunchamp
on a big grocery trip.

I was just south for a bit. Grocery prices were 1/2 compared to what I pay in AK. I was actually surprised how low they were considering all the doom and gloom I had been hearing.
You are out of touch, thats all. We have shopped the same, buying generally the same food for 25 years and groceries now cost a good $100+ when we go for the same product. And the cool thing is now you get less of that product for even more money. Wife and I cant get out of the grocery store for less than $300. Gas just jumped 30 cents a gallon last night. Nlow $3.69 here for 87

20 percent more for 20 percent less quantity, with less quality as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Finally. A little conversation without the knuckle draggers simply saying GFY. 🤣

Here’s the deal. The economy is wonderful if your smart. Too many people aren’t however. Less than 50% of all Americans have a retirement account, and of those, the average balance is pathetic. I could give a rats ass what the interest rate on a new car is. Wanna know why? I’m not financing a new car. But guess what, everyday I see people who I KNOW make a chit ton less than I do driving brand new diesel pickups that are approaching $100k, if not more. I’ve never owned a brand new vehicle, and my wife and I drive Toyotas because they last forever. The average retirement account in the US for my age bracket is about $142k, and the median is $48k. That is fuggin pathetic!! When my wife hires someone, one of the things she pushes is her companies 401k. You know what she hears from potential employees? Crickets. Half of her employees do not participate in the companies 401k. These aren’t uneducated people either, as many have their Doctoret degrees. When I lived in Georgia, I loved laughing at the redneck construction workers driving brand new trucks they financed for 10+ years. I put more in my 401k every year than they make, but they had nicer trucks, phones, TV’s etc. These are the people complaining because those trucks they have to finance cost a hell of a lot more money now. Yes, prices are up due to Covid inflation, the question for those complaining is are you doing your part to be financially successful, or are you trying to keep up with the Jones and being an idiot financially? The numbers say most Americans are being idiots.

There ARE a lot of stupid Americans. That's why the dhimmicrats control the Senate and think there's no inflation and we can just keep on adding to the national debt, and everything will be fine.

You're a moron.
He is a fuggin moron!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

What exactly do you do for a living?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
on a big grocery trip.

20 percent more for 20 percent less quantity, with less quality as well.
yup!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
l
We buy groceries and bitch about numbers. But we buy what we want, and leave
with some money still in our wallet. It's very easy to spend 1/3to 1/2 my paycheck
on a big grocery trip.

How is this possible? You makin $16/hour? I would say get a better job.

Heck not even Conrad is that broke.

How many kids are you feeding?
Callscum sucks cawk for a living

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

You're a moron.

Are you aware how much debt was added to the US under Trump? He did in 4 years what took Obama 8. Do yourself a favor, and research debt by party. You will see that Democrats are much better about US debt than Republicans. That is a FACT!! The only thing the Republicans are better about is convincing their idiot followers that they are actually better. If you haven’t “got yours” whose fault is that? It certainly isn’t mine! Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why? The only reason I sometimes vote for D’s is because the American public does better under D’s than they do under R’s. Again, that is a verifiable FACT!! If you continue to vote against your own well being, that’s up to you. But don’t be pissed when the people you vote for are screwing you behind your back while touting how great a job they are doing to your face. Educate yourself.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
JFC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're a moron.

Are you aware how much debt was added to the US under Trump? He did in 4 years what took Obama 8. Do yourself a favor, and research debt by party. You will see that Democrats are much better about US debt than Republicans. That is a FACT!! The only thing the Republicans are better about is convincing their idiot followers that they are actually better. If you haven’t “got yours” whose fault is that? It certainly isn’t mine! Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why? The only reason I sometimes vote for D’s is because the American public does better under D’s than they do under R’s. Again, that is a verifiable FACT!! If you continue to vote against your own well being, that’s up to you. But don’t be pissed when the people you vote for are screwing you behind your back while touting how great a job they are doing to your face. Educate yourself.

I am VERY aware of the spending problems and the RINOs who keep throwing fuel on the fire. That is NOT justification for handing power to the totalitarian dhimmicrat party. As far as my "you got yours" comment goes, you are incorrect in PROJECTING your values onto me because I am not bemoaning my own circumstances, which happen to be quite acceptable---but I DO think about others' well being and the future of this country. So take your "verifiable FACT" and stick it up your ass. Moron.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
on a big grocery trip.

So do you spend 1/3 to 1/2 of your paycheck on a grocery trip?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I deal with customers daily. I talk with folks from all walks of life. Uber rich down to the basic working man living paycheck to paycheck. The only pricks who seem to be clueless are the stupid rich, emphasis on stupid. Damn near everyone coming through our doors are complaining on the rising costs of the every day items needed to live. Our business is down significantly and so is every other dealer in our dealer group from around the country. RV manufacturers are beginning to have massive layoffs. Dealers are not selling inventory and are sitting on much more than they should be at this point. The housing crash back in bamas first term didnt have much effect on us here. This area is normally very stable. This go around is killing us and every other dealer we keep contact with. Like I said, the ones who are acting like nothing is wrong are either to rich to feel the pain or too fuggin dumb to understand what is happening

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
on a big grocery trip.

So do you spend 1/3 to 1/2 of your paycheck on a grocery trip?
No and I never said that. We do spend over $100 more a trip now. That started last year and the quantity of what you are getting is far less for more money

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

You're a moron.

I am VERY aware of the spending problems and the RINOs who keep throwing fuel on the fire. That is NOT justification for handing power to the totalitarian dhimmicrat party. As far as my "you got yours" comment goes, you are incorrect in PROJECTING your values onto me because I am not bemoaning my own circumstances, which happen to be quite acceptable---but I DO think about others' well being and the future of this country. So take your "verifiable FACT" and stick it up your ass. Moron.

So, is Trump a RINO now? That massive increase in debt occured under his watch because of the bills he signed into law! Like I said, some of you people are too stupid to understand what’s going on, and then you can’t figure out why your falling behind.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

JMHO
The current economic conditions have[greatly] widened the gap between those barely getting by and those killing it.
I don't argue that this is still the best place for anyone with some hutzpah to drag their selves out of economic ruination, but I would say it's getting harder to do by the day.

No doubt about that.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I deal with customers daily. I talk with folks from all walks of life. Uber rich down to the basic working man living paycheck to paycheck. The only pricks who seem to be clueless are the stupid rich, emphasis on stupid. Damn near everyone coming through our doors are complaining on the rising costs of the every day items needed to live. Our business is down significantly and so is every other dealer in our dealer group from around the country. RV manufacturers are beginning to have massive layoffs. Dealers are not selling inventory and are sitting on much more than they should be at this point. The housing crash back in bamas first term didnt have much effect on us here. This area is normally very stable. This go around is killing us and every other dealer we keep contact with. Like I said, the ones who are acting like nothing is wrong are either to rich to feel the pain or too fuggin dumb to understand what is happening

I would have to say, the RV and boat industry is probably one of the worst to be in right now. But everyone saw that coming a mile away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How are some of you so isolated from this? Honest question. This isnt a lcoal thing. I have people I deal with daily around the country. The pinch is on and is hitting most everyone. Interests rates are terrible. Housing prices are out of this world. Food and fuel prices are the worst Ive seen in my lifetime. No plan is in place to fix this and our gov cant even afford the interest on the debt it owes which is growing daily. The dollar has lost a chit ton of eight around the world. Not sure how this is being missed by some of you

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 18,954 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,980
Posts18,540,046
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.