Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
LaGrange, Georgia

Get out your pocketbook... I guess Remington Arms is finalizing plans for the move there. While it will bring jobs, they will cost you and the state dearly.

Scott Malone, the economic development director for the city of LaGrange, said Remington has already secured at least one building in the city, and will operate from a combination of new and renovated facilities. He said local governments would offer property tax abatements, plus utility and infrastructure improvements.

Remington could claim various state tax breaks, including an income tax credit allowing it to annually deduct $3,000 per job from state income taxes, up to $12.8 million over five years, as long as workers make at least $28,000 a year. The state will also pay to train workers, but declined to detail the entire incentive package, saying it was not complete yet.

Link

Phil

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What do you think Gheyghost

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
LaGrange, Georgia

Get out your pocketbook... I guess Remington Arms is finalizing plans for the move there. While it will bring jobs, they will cost you and the state dearly.

Scott Malone, the economic development director for the city of LaGrange, said Remington has already secured at least one building in the city, and will operate from a combination of new and renovated facilities. He said local governments would offer property tax abatements, plus utility and infrastructure improvements.

Remington could claim various state tax breaks, including an income tax credit allowing it to annually deduct $3,000 per job from state income taxes, up to $12.8 million over five years, as long as workers make at least $28,000 a year. The state will also pay to train workers, but declined to detail the entire incentive package, saying it was not complete yet.

Link

Phil
Yeah, never stoop to calculate all the returnable benefits plus just the fact to have a large arms maker in your state to boot....

Typical liberal [bleep] from you. You know the next four letters...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jesus, Phil

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
You might get a bunch of minimum wage jobs, but give away more in property, taxes, and cost. And then wonder what you'll have to give up when all that expires. NO THANKS!

Phil

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
LaGrange, Georgia

Link

Phil

Thought Rem Arms was toast ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What have you got against firearms and the manufacturing thereof?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You might get a bunch of minimum wage jobs, but give away more in property, taxes, and cost. And then wonder what you'll have to give up when all that expires. NO THANKS!

Phil
Well you don't have to worry. Living in a communist state like you do you won't have an outdoor manufacturer ever want to set foot in that state. Heck your state wastes more money daily on illegals than any issues they would have in GA over RP.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
From what I understand, some investors got the whole mess for $25 million. Got some pretty good freebies for reopening the plant in NY and say it's too expensive to run in that big brick arms plant. Solution, move to Georgia, and probably sell the plant and property in NY for ten times what they paid for it. Good for them, lot of laid off workers in NY, and remains to be seen for Georgia... MY GUESS, NY will wind up being the winners here.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ghey, at least you won’t have to worry about an arms manufacturer moving to Kalifornia, shining example of solvency and fiscal responsibility that it is. Not to mention the political climate.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I got excited when I saw LaGrange, whorehouse was located there when I was in high school. Then I saw Georgia, was disappointed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
I got excited when I saw LaGrange, whorehouse was located there when I was in high school. Then I saw Georgia, was disappointed.

Bet they had a lotta nice girls there.

Were they still accepting chickens as payment??? laugh

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/17/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Nope, we've got a 1-3/4 billion battery plant going in about 80 miles away... one which is just the start of a new industrial area.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
LaGrange, Georgia

Link

Phil
Yeah, never stoop to calculate all the returnable benefits plus just the fact to have a large arms maker in your state to boot....

Typical liberal [bleep] from you. You know the next four letters...

It's amazing to me just how clueless these liberal troll fools are on this board. Ninth graders are more intelligent.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I’m all for benefit of the doubt.
If Greyghost could site all of the gun companies that have regretted moving to the Southeast, or the regrets of the locals they have moved to, or the regrets of the new employees, I’d certainly read/listen.

I mean, between Winchester, Ruger, Kimber, Beretta, and soon to be Smith & Wesson, somebody has to be unhappy. Right?

If New York cared about its tax paying residents, they’d have tried harder to keep Remington.

News Flash…..they don’t.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
From what I understand, some investors got the whole mess for $25 million. Got some pretty good freebies for reopening the plant in NY and say it's too expensive to run in that big brick arms plant. Solution, move to Georgia, and probably sell the plant and property in NY for ten times what they paid for it. Good for them, lot of laid off workers in NY, and remains to be seen for Georgia... MY GUESS, NY will wind up being the winners here.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope, we've got a 1-3/4 billion battery plant going in about 80 miles away... one which is just the start of a new industrial area.

Phil

And how much is that going to cost the Kalifornia taxpayers?

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Phil

Jesus Phil. More than half the plants and manufacturing in Georgia, relocated there from New York to escape their taxation which is high as hell.. just like California's is. How many companies are moving to California, vs the number that are leaving California to get away from DemocRAT Legislation of never ending B.S., high taxes etc.

New York is no different on the east coast. Heck companies have been moving out of New York since the 1950s even. The entire carpet industry use to be in the Mohawk Valley in NY State, since the 1950s much of it moved to Dalton Georgia over time. Georgia's taxes are much cheaper, the state is more corporation kinder not robbing companies of their profits. Georgia's big time growth, has been because of that.

Back in the Mid 60s the City of Atlanta's population was only about 60K to 70,000 people. Now its around 6.1 to 6.2 million in the metro area.

Company's are leaving places like New York for a reason... and moving to States like Georgia for a reason.
you don't see much about companies leaving states like Georgia for economic reasons.
yet what you can read about States like California and New York, losing plenty of companies due to high taxes and regulations, increases on a daily basis....

Where I live here in Southern Oregon, I sure wish plenty of the California transplants we have to deal with, would go back to their state. My home state of Virginia, sure would have a lot less population like it use to, before people from states like New York started moving there, to escape NY, and other places in the northeast.

New York isn't going to win anything, except foreign people from third world countries moving there for the welfare Disneyland it is... just like California.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco

Hanco, I know this may come as a big shock.. but Texas has towns that exist, that have the same names as towns in other states. of course I can see where a man might get excited, when they see the name of a place known for a famous whorehouse.

I don't know if Texas has a town named Pahrump, like Nevada does. But the Mustang Ranch and the Whorehouse from LaGrange Texas moved to Pahrump NV a long time ago... so if you desire to relive your high school dreams, its located north of Las Vegas by 80 miles of so.... Take US 95 north out of Vegas, and then make a left on Nevada Rt 160.

Those two Cat Houses are right next to each other, and share the same parking lot. Its in NYE county so prostitution is still legal there as in most of Nevada except for Vegas and Reno.

if you find yourself there, have a good time!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Mustang Ranch is in Sparks, off I-80

https://www.mustangranchlounge.com/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,030
Posts18,520,938
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.