Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Bummer.
Twin Cities suburb it might seem from looking at the map?
It is - due south of the metro center but adjoining the city mostly.. Sad day indeed.

Last edited by Redneck; 02/18/24.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The pictures look to be the department photos, they are often posted on the city website under the department heading. If not there, then more often in a common area of the fire or police dept. Those working a plain clothes assignment typically have their pictures removed for obvious reasons.

These are also "electronic papers" which can print a story at any time rather than the old fashioned papers which had to make a set time to be published in the next installment. On a similar vein, there is so much information publically available on the Internet that one often can write a pretty decent article on a person without ever meeting them. Something one should be aware of before posting on social media.

In the public safety arena, any employee/victims are easily identified compared to the typical person. One knows who responded to the call, who was injured, and their disposition rather quickly. As part of our personnel file we listed our immediate next of kin and the means to contact them. This is pretty standard across agencies. I never had a serious injury to anyone in my crew but when there was an incident, the listed people were contacted in well under an hour.

This is a sad incident.

O
Osky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
This hit home for me as I met many of the firefighters and most of the street cops of that department over the years. I didn't know those that were killed as they were hired after I retired. The other medic I do know and my heart goes out to him. I do not definitively know the name of the wounded officer so cannot make any comment regarding him.

In the brief time I served in law enforcement I hated domestics. I seemed to be a scheidt magnet for problems during them. From that,when I swapped to the fire service I drilled into my crew to give plenty of room and wait for the police to secure the scene before approaching the address. I'm not directly privy to the circumstances of this incident but current news is the medic was shot trying to rescue one of the officers.

Maybe tomorrow I'll hear more direct information but right now I'm going to sit pat and wait. This is kind of disturbing as it is something that shouldn't happen in such a community. It's most definitely not like areas of Minneapolis.

Recently updated the police were called to the scene at1:50 am for the domestic. Negotiations until around 5:30 am when things went sideways. Shooter is dead. Wife and 7kids in the home thru it all. Shooter had multiple guns and plenty of ammo, fired from multiple locations inside.

Still no identifiers on the shooter or family.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If there is even the slightest doubt...we wait for the cops.

Fugging domestics are the most dangerous thing we do.

Good luck to their families.

Hell, here they won't even make entry for a "I've fallen and can't get up" without LE present.

I wonder if suspect left the scene prior to le/fire arrival but came back and opened fire.

It's not uncommon to set traps like that....if that's what happened.

Being a small community....the cops almost always beat us to the scene.

Use them for lift assist a lot.

In the country we usually beat them to the scene....but this ain't Harlan County so it's normally pretty safe.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Burnsville is a third ring suburb south of Minneapolis. Between the two cities one has Minneapolis/St Paul Airport and the city of Richfield, then the city of Bloomington, the Minnesota River, then Burnsville. The river is the boundary between Hennipen and Dakota counties so there are few jurisdictional boundaries as well as physical ones. I believe this was on the southeast side of Burnsville which would put it relatively distant from Minneapolis.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
The pictures look to be the department photos, they are often posted on the city website under the department heading. If not there, then more often in a common area of the fire or police dept. Those working a plain clothes assignment typically have their pictures removed for obvious reasons.

These are also "electronic papers" which can print a story at any time rather than the old fashioned papers which had to make a set time to be published in the next installment. On a similar vein, there is so much information publically available on the Internet that one often can write a pretty decent article on a person without ever meeting them. Something one should be aware of before posting on social media.

In the public safety arena, any employee/victims are easily identified compared to the typical person. One knows who responded to the call, who was injured, and their disposition rather quickly. As part of our personnel file we listed our immediate next of kin and the means to contact them. This is pretty standard across agencies. I never had a serious injury to anyone in my crew but when there was an incident, the listed people were contacted in well under an hour.

This is a sad incident.

Still seems quick to me, even with ‘updated’ articles, especially if people need taken to an official medical facility to be legally declared dead, and if the incident happened after 5 AM this morning.
Your logic makes sense, however .
Thanks for that.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Terrible,
Happened here about 10 years ago on Christmas eve.
Guy set a fire to a home and started shooting.

Prayers to the families...
Any other details of the shooter?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn shame.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rong
Terrible,
Happened here about 10 years ago on Christmas eve.
Guy set a fire to a home and started shooting.

Prayers to the families...
Any other details of the shooter?

They got three of em that time I think.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Newphew lost a partner on a domestic violence warrant pickup. Shot in the head right next to him. Took him a year to get straight enough to go back

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Middle son has been LEO since he got out of HS. His biological father was killed in the line of duty when he as a police chief , was blocking an intersection for a volunteer fire department responding to an ambulance on fire. The water truck fully loaded; T-boned his patrol car killing him. He became my son at age 7. His mother and I don’t know all that he has faced in his career, but do know domestics can get sideways in a hurry. Presently he has a state job as a director for MDOT Law Enforcement for Interstate Commerce. We are so glad he’s not doing point man on SWAT team, and all the other stuff like natural disasters as Katrina. He has seen and witnessed things that you can never unsee; as most LEOs have. One of the signs of the end times in the Bible is; there is no justice. Mankind does what is right in his own mind. Lawlessness prevails.

Last edited by carrollco; 02/18/24.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Not a word about the name or race of the shooter. That LOUD silence speaks volumes!

Somali or Ethiopian, possibly?

They won't give the name or pic of the murderer. Gee, I wonder why.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They have a video of him shooting targets saying he envisioned the targets as being white people.

https://heavy.com/news/shannon-cortez-gooden/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Muffin I am shocked, shocked!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://heavy.com/news/shannon-cortez-gooden/

In addition, a friend of Gooden’s wrote in a tribute on Facebook, “Man I swear this sh** can’t be true Shannon Gooden we was my big bro all I can do is cry 😢 I can’t believe u are gone.”

I can't believe u are gone. Not a word of sympathy for the murdered cops.

O
Osky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
A felon with guns. Wonderful.

Three real men lost, three families devastated.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1badf350, 1234, 3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,025
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.