Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Stanley Aladdin French press. It seams to work really well. One thing that is convenient about it is I can take it to my chair in the morning and not go back for refills.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have the Cuisinart that has the regular coffee maker and Keurig combined

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I use a french press in camp.

But the biggest tip is to heat up a thermos the night before with hot water. Make your coffee before going to bed. Dump the hot water, pour in the freshly brewed coffee in the thermos. Stays plenty hot till the morning and it's ready as soon as you wake-up. On very cold nights, slip it into your sleeping bad/bed roll.

Nothing like not having to wait for the first cup. I often make breakfast the night before, so all I have to do is heat it up in the morning.

Favorite coffee is Peet's Sumatra.

While in general I hate Starbucks Coffee, the instant Italian Roast in the tiny silver packets is really good considering it's instant coffee.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keurig
Darkest roast Ollie has. GOOD STUFF CHEAP!!!

20oz to wake up, a 20 to go, 24 bought at the C-store on the way.
Can't handle it after noon. Makes me jittery, affects the gut.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Perked, that pot must be 60 years old?
Black, strong enough to float a bullet, with a few grounds to keep the teeth sharp.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grind the beans, boil the water, French press, 6-10 minutes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Maxwell House half/caff. One cup a day. Usually use a French Press. Bought an electric kettle. Boils the water in three min.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
12 cup Black and Decker And various brands of Colombian medium roast

This, with the coffee being Costco Whole Bean the wife grinds as needed. The B&D has a thermal carafe which keeps it hot for a couple hours, after which it gets nuked a bit in a Pyrex cup.

I did buy a SS 9-cup percolator a while back. Works on the stove or on the little rocket stove I bought at the same time. I suppose a fair number have never perked coffee. I actually hadn’t either, but it’s how folks did it when I was a kid. Easy to do, but you have to keep an eye on it. Good coffee.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever is available. I’m not picky about coffee. I’m good for a cup or two and no mas.

Splash of milk if it’s available.

The only time I have had coffee that was a “Holy Schit, This Is Good!” experience was at a mom and pop breakfast joint in Florida that did Cuban coffee on the stove top. That stuff was killer.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a Keurig since it was all the rage. Lasted about year. I was over it anyway as I drink a pot worth every morning.

I still had my Cuisinart drip 14 cup. I have bought 3 of those over the last 20 years. The last one I bought was only to replace the 10 year old
One I took to my cabin at my hunting lease in Alabama.

I use Community Coffee either already ground or whole bean if I can find it. I have a great Kitchenaid burr grinder I bought in 2005.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
8 O'clock brand beans ground fresh. Chemex type pour over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Half caff with a teaspoon of ground Columbian beans for flavor. Percolator is better than the drip type coffee maker to my taste.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
I use the espresso machine. Wife does pour overs and sometimes makes me one. I’m happy to drink whatever is served but we have the machine and I like lattes and americano’s. She grinds Ethiopia sidamo beans for hers.

Life’s short, drink good coffee.
Damn straight...

I use my espresso machine at times, but the Ninja coffeemaker is used more often. It has options to use a regular basket with 3 choices of brew, or I can install the single-serving pod attachment. I've never used that and have no intention of trying; it just came with the machine.. I like coffee very strong, very black and very hot...

When I was in the Navy, a few officers and enlistees had an expression they'd use from time to time when having someone bring 'em a cup - "I like my coffee like I like my women; HOT and BLACK!"

I imagine that may not be 'proper' now in today's Navy... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by papalondog
How do ya'll make your coffee? We like the K-cup single serving but can't get a Keurig to last very long. Is there a good K-cup machine out there or should we drag the pot out again?

I use a Bunn pour over.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We went to a Keurig that has both the cups and a pot. I drink one cup each morning and not too picky about it. Wife fills reusable cups with either 8 o'clock or some kind she buys online. I like a Peet's medium dark on weekends.

Learned to drink it black in 'Nam (no other choice) and still do. Most of what some people call "coffee" is candy in a cup. No thanks.

A Keurig will last longer if you have a water softener. Mineral buildup is what kills 'em. You can also do a regular vinegar washout.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keurig during the week................good old Community.

Saturday mornings is the stove top percolator.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not very pretentious when it comes to my coffee.

My coffee pot is a 10 year old, stained, unwashed (rinse only!) twelve cup Mr. Coffee my wife threatens to throw out due to it's condition.
Never brews over 4 cups....and that's an everyday duty.
Coffee is Folger's "Classic Roast".
Brew it up, pour it in a cup!
Enjoy! Hot and black!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Whatever is available. I’m not picky about coffee. I’m good for a cup or two and no mas.

Splash of milk if it’s available.

The only time I have had coffee that was a “Holy Schit, This Is Good!” experience was at a mom and pop breakfast joint in Florida that did Cuban coffee on the stove top. That stuff was killer.

That dang Doug at Cameraland sent me a foil package of Cafe Bustelo and cup, 10 or so years ago, when I bought a scope or spotter from them.

Not bad Cuban coffee from a foil package.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Drip pot usually.

Will do a manual pour over on the weekend sometimes. Like the aeropress cup too.

At duck camp, we have a used commercial Bunn that we hardlined in. Makes 4 pots of coffee quick.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,514
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.