Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're supposed ta smoke Cubans, not drink 'em.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like plain old drip coffee makers just fine. We have a pour-over set up at work that I like even better. I drink black coffee every day. A lot of it. My favorite is Martha’s Backyard Pecan that I order from Independence Coffee Company in Brenham, Texas.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My wife doesn't drink coffee so i love my K Cup machine. Buy a spare machine & the original will last for a very long time !!!

"not too grumpy"
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Perked strong and Black!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Kcups to me are just instant coffee surrounded by plastic goo. No thanks.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
At home, a B&D auto drip with 3 scoops of grounds of Sam's Club, Folgers, or Maxwell House. I actually prefer Maxwell House, but usually get one of the others depending on what's cheapest. Yeah, I know, I'm not much of a coffee snob. That and fill the pot to a little over the supposed "ten cup" line. Don't the coffee pot people know that a cup us supposed to be 8 oz, not 6 oz?

When camping, I use a 2 quart pot with no "perculator guts", filled with water to just below the bottom of the spout. Add in 1/2 cup (4 oz) ground coffee and rolling boil for 4 minutes or so. Remove from the fire and then add some cold water to it to settle the grounds. Works for me. I like creamer and sweetener, but I can do without the creamer. I never have developed a taste for unsweetened coffee. A little sugar is fine, but I prefer Equal or Splenda. I detest Sweet 'n Low. Gotta watch my sugar intake.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K-Cup Maxwell House now but when I lived near a Trader Joe's, I really liked their brand of K-Cups.
I tried some Black Rifle stuff cuz my brother said it was good but I went back to Maxwell House.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Don't the coffee pot people know that a cup us supposed to be 8 oz, not 6 oz?

My Cuisinart is worse; what they call 4 cups leaves enough room in my 16oz. insulated cup for a large shot of Amarula.

Dale

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
60s percolator and dark roast here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Whatever is available. I’m not picky about coffee. I’m good for a cup or two and no mas.

Splash of milk if it’s available.

The only time I have had coffee that was a “Holy Schit, This Is Good!” experience was at a mom and pop breakfast joint in Florida that did Cuban coffee on the stove top. That stuff was killer.

The Cubans can make coffee that will make your hair stand up.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
WTF dude. No I don't have a man bun, just sharing what I like as others here have been doing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a Keurig, coffee to expensive, gave it away, got an el cheapo drip, 5 years old and I only make one cup at a time, Tim Hortons with a splash of milk.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Drag the pot out[what we did after 2-3 Keurig's]
Same here. Make a 10 cup pot each morning. Gives me a cup for breakfast and 2 16oz to take with me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Coffee! Had a nice Cuisinart it burned out, bought a Mr. Coffee, threw it away coffee was not good, tried 60's era percolator must have too fine a grind lot of sediment, now using a colletti bozeman camp coffee maker and just enduring the sediment an grains in the mix. Don't buy the colletti off amazon, the walmart ozark trail perculator is the same thing, holds more coffee and half the price. As someone once said "I like my coffee so strong it will show up in a drug test"

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I need to ditch the kcups but they are damn convenient. That being said running boiling water through a plastic cup sealed with glue can't be good for you. If I get cancer I imagine this will be the cause. Add to that coffee is one of the most counterfeited products out there who knows what we are actually drinking. I think I'm going old school and switching to my girlfriends set up.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There appears to be some confusion over what a "cup" is. A liquid cup (US measurement) is indeed 8 ounces. But a COFFEE cup - the container - holds six. Coffee cups and tea cups were different sizes back in Merry Old England, the tea kind being larger due to tea being a weaker brew. Coffee then and now was meant to be brewed stronger and thus a smaller cup was appropriate.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
FWIW all the coffee supply I have in the closet
has six (6) fluid ounces of water as the suggested
ratio of ingredients for each cup of coffee made.

Either way, everybody's tastes in beverages
and wimmens and bangsticks and other
projectile launchers iz all different. Don't bother
me none

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We used to grind our own and make it in a Mr. Coffee. Members Mark
(Sam’s Club) Columbian beans. We got a Keurig duo a year and a half ago and use K-cups from Sams with the same coffee. Can’t beat the convenience. I’m on call a couple days a week with my part time job and subject to get called out any time. When I get the call at 2:30am I throw the car cup in the Keurig and turn it on. By the time I’m dressed and ready I have a hot cup of coffee for the road. I need to be able to drive out of my driveway in 15 minutes or less from the time I get the call. Don’t have time for the Mr. Coffee to make a pot.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hot and black.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Drinking my 2nd cup of Brookshires store brand Colombian Supremo with a little Splenda and a shot of canned evaporated milk and it is as good as any brand name I can find. My bride drinks it straight.

Can't go for dark roast unless that's all there is.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 257Bob, 2500HD, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,693
Posts18,534,560
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.