-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not picking on Nosler here, but the industry in general.

These companies are now mostly ran by pencil pushers (and sometimes foreign and domestic communists), that have no clue and don't care who put them in business and kept them there all these years.

We were already losing hunters and shooters in the good days when things were cheap. Once you add our current economy, with lots of young people broke, and being schooled and governed by clowns, these companies will end up with no customers. Us old guys will be gone soon and ain't coming back.

If they want to stay in business, it's gonna take work and sacrifice in these bad times to gain new hunters and shooters and keep them.

Last edited by JD45; 02/22/24.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
if they are selling all they make good for them...paying for seconds when I can find first quality cheaper doesnt work for me.
I have been able to get something from Hornady that worked for me thru the last few years of shortages andn a bit cheaper so will probably be going that route in the future

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by pete53
Nosler has and still does make good bullets but Nosler bullets are getting too expensive and sometimes hard to find in stock. i am switching to Hammer bullets their always in stock and price is not that bad . if you are just shooting smaller meat deer any good bullet works fine , but myself i load better bullets and wait for a chance on a decent buck my meat hunting days is over i let the family shoot the smaller deer.
Those same cup n core bullets work on mature bucks just the same as on smaller "meat" deer.

Even a mature buck is only about 250# max. Hardly a large hard to kill critter.

I still have about 200, maybe more of the 140 Ballistic Tips for the 7-08 and have quite a few 90s for the 6mm.

No more than I shoot of the Nosler bullets in these guns I will keep buying some along the way.

Whitetail bucks up at the border in Minnesota are bigger than most southern states , myself i don`t care to track bigger bucks much i like the big bang and speed of my 257 Weatherby mag. and bigger buck DRT. you go ahead a chase a wounded smart old buck , i have seen and heard what happens with a smaller cartridge rifle . yes my 11 yr. old grandson is kinda recoil shy yet so he has a smaller cartridge rifle but my daughter his mother who weighs 130 lbs. uses a 7 Rem. mag. recoil does not brother her , daughter also likes DRT too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There's more than a few investors betting on copper prices going way up. Some are predicting triple current prices. Not good.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If they sell all they make, then they priced them correctly.

Yes...but...just because so far x-number of rich guys don't value their money, doesn't mean it's a sustainable business practice. Only so many guys willing to pay more than something is worth. Meaning, everyone else with a similar product is outselling them.

Sorta like the retards handing over double what stuff is worth at an auction or for toilet paper during covid

I disagree that only profligate rich folks buy Nosler or other premiums. Lots of ordinary people who value reliable performance from their bullets pony up, knowing that, as is commonly stated here, the bullet represents a pretty small part of the total investment in a hunt. I’m an old boomer on a fixed income, but I use good bullets to make meat, preferring two holes if possible and controlled expansion without excess meat damage.

Time will tell if their pricing is sustainable. They can always bring our a budget line for the disadvantaged, frugal, or merely cheap😜

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shop around. Some of the pricing stated here is due to vendor gouging.

A quick search showed .284 Accubond and .308 Accubonds for under $1.00 each. Not $75-80.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/22/24.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Nosler has and still does make good bullets but Nosler bullets are getting too expensive and sometimes hard to find in stock. i am switching to Hammer bullets their always in stock and price is not that bad . if you are just shooting smaller meat deer any good bullet works fine , but myself i load better bullets and wait for a chance on a decent buck my meat hunting days is over i let the family shoot the smaller deer.
Those same cup n core bullets work on mature bucks just the same as on smaller "meat" deer.

Even a mature buck is only about 250# max. Hardly a large hard to kill critter.

I still have about 200, maybe more of the 140 Ballistic Tips for the 7-08 and have quite a few 90s for the 6mm.

No more than I shoot of the Nosler bullets in these guns I will keep buying some along the way.

Whitetail bucks up at the border in Minnesota are bigger than most southern states , myself i don`t care to track bigger bucks much i like the big bang and speed of my 257 Weatherby mag. and bigger buck DRT. you go ahead a chase a wounded smart old buck , i have seen and heard what happens with a smaller cartridge rifle . yes my 11 yr. old grandson is kinda recoil shy yet so he has a smaller cartridge rifle but my daughter his mother who weighs 130 lbs. uses a 7 Rem. mag. recoil does not brother her , daughter also likes DRT too.
Okay say 300#. Still a small animal.

It's called shot placement regardless of chambering.I get plenty of DRT on our mature bucks using my 6mm.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

LOL.....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Yes...but...just because so far x-number of rich guys don't value their money, doesn't mean it's a sustainable business practice. Only so many guys willing to pay more than something is worth. Meaning, everyone else with a similar product is outselling them.

Sorta like the retards handing over double what stuff is worth at an auction or for toilet paper during covid

I disagree that only profligate rich folks buy Nosler or other premiums. Lots of ordinary people who value reliable performance from their bullets pony up, knowing that, as is commonly stated here, the bullet represents a pretty small part of the total investment in a hunt. I’m an old boomer on a fixed income, but I use good bullets to make meat, preferring two holes if possible and controlled expansion without excess meat damage.

Time will tell if their pricing is sustainable. They can always bring our a budget line for the disadvantaged, frugal, or merely cheap😜
I generally get two holes and minimal meat damage with non premium cnc bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

LOL.....
Another for the tall tale thread.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was spitballing on the $75-80/box notion, as I'd been on Midway earlier this week and saw $75 on 165gr .30cal Partitions.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
I was spitballing on the $75-80/box notion, as I'd been on Midway earlier this week and saw $75 on 165gr .30cal Partitions.
In the last year or maybe a bit more they have been one of the more expensive vendors.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
While the Hammers are always in stock ,at $82 for a box of 50 with tax and shipping still to be added they are up there. Want to try some of their .411 offerings in my 405 win, at $110 for 50 wanting might be as far as it goes.[/quote]

Have you tried the Hornady 300 grain bullet for your 405? I have used them in my rifle and they make a great deer load.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I still buy bullets from SPS. I don't think their prices are out of line although availability is limited. A couple of months ago I bought a bunch of 6.5 140 grain BT's for $18 for 50. Not a bad price IMO.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

286 partitions for the 9.3x62 @$104 dollars for 50 is painfull ,just saying.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GSPfan
While the Hammers are always in stock ,at $82 for a box of 50 with tax and shipping still to be added they are up there. Want to try some of their .411 offerings in my 405 win, at $110 for 50 wanting might be as far as it goes.

Have you tried the Hornady 300 grain bullet for your 405? I have used them in my rifle and they make a great deer load.[/quote]

The bitch being the Golden State requires non tox. Do have some Barnes 300 TSX but would like options. Took a couple bucks with the Hornady 300 before the edict requiring non tox.

Last edited by sidepass; 02/22/24.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sidepass

286 partitions for the 9.3x62 @$104 dollars for 50 is painfull ,just saying.
I think I would be shooting Hornadys.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Love Nosler bullets, all of them.

Hate what's happened with their prices and availability.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a kid, that kind of ammo was out of reach. Then I attained middle class and became a customer. Now I seem to be regressing.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I generally get two holes and minimal meat damage with non premium cnc bullets.

So do I, especially with my crossbow.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,911
Posts18,479,517
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.