Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by pete53
Whitetail bucks up at the border in Minnesota are bigger than most southern states , myself i don`t care to track bigger bucks much i like the big bang and speed of my 257 Weatherby mag. and bigger buck DRT. you go ahead a chase a wounded smart old buck , i have seen and heard what happens with a smaller cartridge rifle . yes my 11 yr. old grandson is kinda recoil shy yet so he has a smaller cartridge rifle but my daughter his mother who weighs 130 lbs. uses a 7 Rem. mag. recoil does not brother her , daughter also likes DRT too.

LOL.....
Another for the tall tale thread.

another keyboard mouth

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If they sell all they make, then they priced them correctly.

Yes...but...just because so far x-number of rich guys don't value their money, doesn't mean it's a sustainable business practice. Only so many guys willing to pay more than something is worth. Meaning, everyone else with a similar product is outselling them.

Sorta like the retards handing over double what stuff is worth at an auction or for toilet paper during covid

I disagree that only profligate rich folks buy Nosler or other premiums. Lots of ordinary people who value reliable performance from their bullets pony up, knowing that, as is commonly stated here, the bullet represents a pretty small part of the total investment in a hunt. I’m an old boomer on a fixed income, but I use good bullets to make meat, preferring two holes if possible and controlled expansion without excess meat damage.

Time will tell if their pricing is sustainable. They can always bring our a budget line for the disadvantaged, frugal, or merely cheap😜
I generally get two holes and minimal meat damage with non premium cnc bullets.

So do I, especially with my crossbow.
Me too. Crossbow bolts, 170's at 2240 fps out of my .30-30, 165's at 2700 out of my '06 and PRB's at 1600 fps out of my Hawken. As a matter of fact I took deer with all of those plus a couple with my .243 and 100 gr. CNC's this past season and didn't recover a projectile from any of them. Avoid light/varmint bullets and warp speed and keep them out of the meat/shoulders. We rely primarily on venison for our years meat supply. Without it we'd eat damn little red meat with todays prices. I don't like to blow it up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Whitetail bucks up at the border in Minnesota are bigger than most southern states , myself i don`t care to track bigger bucks much i like the big bang and speed of my 257 Weatherby mag. and bigger buck DRT. you go ahead a chase a wounded smart old buck , i have seen and heard what happens with a smaller cartridge rifle . yes my 11 yr. old grandson is kinda recoil shy yet so he has a smaller cartridge rifle but my daughter his mother who weighs 130 lbs. uses a 7 Rem. mag. recoil does not brother her , daughter also likes DRT too.

LOL.....
Another for the tall tale thread.

another keyboard mouth
Or someone who has enough experience to know it doesn't take magnum power to kill a 250# animal.

Asa matter of fact the mature bucks I wait on seem to die as readily as a 100# doe.

I am a bowhunter too so energy is of little importance to me.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/22/24.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they sell all they make, then they priced them correctly.

I'm one of the higher paid codes at work, at a facility that pays higher than
most in our area.

I could easily be fine with quite a bit less pay.
But when our 5% raise comes along this year, I'll take it.
If they offer more, I'd take it.

Kinda like sports too.
Fans bitch about the players they go to see making so much,
but they gladly pony up the money for tickets, parking, beer......
Seats are full, they aren't over priced.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SPS pricing is still great, you just have to pay attention to availability and sales. I doubt I've bought more than a dozen full priced Nosler boxes in the last 20 years, but have bought a small mountain of boxes from SPS over the same time.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Brad
SPS pricing is still great, you just have to pay attention to availability and sales. I doubt I've bought more than a dozen full priced Nosler boxes in the last 20 years, but have bought a small mountain of boxes from SPS over the same time.

Yep!

But apparently Internet shopping is still something of a mystery to some Campfire members, despite spending plenty of time here....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have 225 grain .338 partitions as seconds, from SPS that failed to expand. So these cheaper-priced bullets are still a dick-move. Nosler new they were fked up when they went to SPS.

Ask yourselves, how deeply do those "blemishes" go?

You get what you pay for.........

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 02/22/24.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Absolutely. Same here.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As an Oregonian, I was a Nosler homer for years.

Prices and availability drove me into the whore Hornady’s arms.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Same here. Fu ck nosler. Unless I find them for damn good deals locally. I could care less about SPS anymore. Their prices are still way higher than they should be.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

P

Nosler and Sierra wanna peg us.
Stevie Hornaday wants to vaccinate us.
Speer is AWOL.
Barnes? They have always been expensive.

Decisions, decisions.

Unless I get a new caliber there are enough bullets in the basement to kill everything
I'll ever shoot at. And bargins do appear. Dad showed up with a box of 150gr Ballistic Tips he bought at an auction of a couple dollars. Don't use the as of now. Bet the 308 would shoot them fine with a bit of Varget.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Funny stuff here. Every deer is DRT?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I guess that they are not overpriced since there are few to be had. I’m sure that lots ran out and bought all the .35 caliber bullets at $99 a box since they are so great and a bargain! It’s not cheap to work up new loads with the price of powder these days. I bought an 8 lb jug of Reloder 26 recently at drug lord pricing just so I don’t have to waste bullets, primers and powder working up new loads for several magnum cartridges.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Generally that’s correct, but I’ve found that it still pays to check online retailers before buying from SPS. Sometimes they have sales or shipping deals going on that negate the blem discount, and you get the bullets in boxes, not bags. That was the case the last time I bought some 165gr BTs.

They used to offer overruns at really good prices. I scored some loaded .223 and 150gr NPs that way, a liftetime supply of the Partitions.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It pays to check SPS at least once every couple of weeks. About 10 years ago I picked up 40 bags of 180 grain .308 Partitions for $10.50 a bag (50 per bag)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

P

Same here. Fu ck nosler. Unless I find them for damn good deals locally. I could care less about SPS anymore. Their prices are still way higher than they should be.

This scheme of selling defective rubbish at inflated prices, really has no interest to me either. I rarely check SPS

Especially when a fella can get 100 oryx bullets, for less than $50 per 100. Or any medium bore oryx bullets for less than $50 per 50.

Nosler 9.3 brass at more than $100 per 25?
I'll stick with PPU-PRVI brass at less than $50 per 50.

It's a competive market out there.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're paying for that high cost of living and high taxes in that communist state of Oregon.

https://www.sofi.com/cost-of-living-in-oregon/

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
It pays to check SPS at least once every couple of weeks. About 10 years ago I picked up 40 bags of 180 grain .308 Partitions for $10.50 a bag (50 per bag)

Things have changed in 10 years...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Stumbled upon this thread.. If folks want to try something different, we are still running a sale on Norma Oryx, and we've got something else new right around the corner...

Raven Rocks Precision
Premium Reloading Components and Ammunition
www.RavenRocksPrecision.com
(910) 803-1726 (call/text)
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Oryx's are great bullets, both accurate and effective. Have used them considerably on big game both in North America and Africa, in calibers from 6.5mm up, and of the few recovered the lowest percentage of retained weight was 85.5%.

Am very interested in the "something else new"....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.