M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If they sell all they make, then they priced them correctly.

Yes...but...just because so far x-number of rich guys don't value their money, doesn't mean it's a sustainable business practice. Only so many guys willing to pay more than something is worth. Meaning, everyone else with a similar product is outselling them.

Sorta like the retards handing over double what stuff is worth at an auction or for toilet paper during covid
How long has nosler been in business? Maybe they have the whole sustainable business practice thing figured out.

Or I could be completely full of crap. That's been true before. Lol

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oregon is a [bleep] anymore. That is the bulk of the iceberg.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's see, why should I buy Noslers when they can't hold a candle to Barnes TTSXs and for less money? I have quite a few Noslers left and will continue to use them, but I'm done buying.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I’ve stopped looking for Noslers when a Barnes or Hornady product is available, better, and cheaper.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just bought 200 7MM 140 grain Accubonds (seconds) off the classifieds for $110 including shipping. I've had good luck with the factory blems/seconds in other calibers. Where I deer hunt a 200 yard shot is a long one. I'll save the cost over buying at retail and I'm sure the deer don't care.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Raven Rocks Precision
Premium Reloading Components and Ammunition
www.RavenRocksPrecision.com
(910) 803-1726 (call/text)
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RavenRocksPrecision
Going to have to give these a try.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Darned decent prices on them and they should be excellent deer getters.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Given Nosler’s backorder situation, it’s doesn’t seem like the market feels that they are overpriced.

I’m generally a Norma bullet fan, especially the Oryx and Whitetail lines (which are very similar according to my conversations with Norma’s folks in Sweden).

I did have a somewhat disappointing outcome with a 6.5mm Bondstrike a month ago. I shot a whitetail buck broadside at 65 or so yards. The bullet did not exit and there was almost no blood. The buck ran into thick brush and we eventually found him a couple of hours later. Even At Creedmoor velocity, I assume the impact velocity was simply too high for an exit wound.

Based on my son and my’s experience with the Whitetail and Oryx bullets, which has been more than a dozen animals, I will go back to using them. They are very Partition-like when I comes to balancing penetration and expansion.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
The answer is, in large part, the cost of manufacturing. Bend housing is beyond expensive for manufacturing labor. The median home cost is $825K, and the average rent is $2.4K. Paying someone $14.00 an hour isn't going to cut it. They need to move to Wyoming or another friendly firearm state.

Last edited by Onstep; 02/29/24.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Brad
SPS pricing is still great, you just have to pay attention to availability and sales. I doubt I've bought more than a dozen full priced Nosler boxes in the last 20 years, but have bought a small mountain of boxes from SPS over the same time.
Ya gotta be ready to move when SPS lists a bullet. I just ordered two 50 bullet bags of .308 150 gr Partitions in the $30+ range. That 60+ cents per bullet. My bud’s wife loves those loaded in her .308 deer rifle. She’s not interested in any other bullet.

I’ve been playing with Hammer bullets, like them a lot. They’re accurate, not COAL sensitive, easy to load, designed to shoot faster and have impressive terminal performance.

They’re not cheap but evidently getting more competitive as prices of their competition bullets increase.

DF

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
FWIW, the latest issue of Handloader arrived today. There’s a story evaluating Nosler firsts vs those sold at SPS. The conclusion was there was no real difference in accuracy.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That has been my experience--and have been buying seconds since the 1980s, before they went on-line. Every time one of my group of friends back then was traveling close to Bend we'd make a want list, and whoever would stop at the retail store and, uh, load up.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I couldn’t believe what Nosler is asking for their brass! I can buy 60 loaded 6.5 Grendel cartridges for the same price that Nosler is asking for 50 unprimed 6.5G cases which is absurd…..

I just ordered 100 PRIMED 35 Whelen case for $117 shipped which is, at least in my opinion, an excellent deal. I was buying Remington 35 Whelen 250gr Roundnose or 250gr Pointed Soft Point for $35 OTD for 20 rounds…mostly for making brass but since stumbling into this latest deal I’ll have a “home” for the 50 250gr A-Frames and 50 280gr. A-Frames. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
If what Onstep says is true, and I've got no reason to doubt him, then that is a very valid reason about the high pricing. Still, if the company was really interested in expanding their business and keeping LOYAL customers, they'd move to a lower cost area. Sounds like to me that they really just don't care and that's ok but a shame to me. Great products that have made huge impacts in the hunting industry for many years but...........................................It's really made me search and FIND other options.

RH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Razorhog
If what Onstep says is true, and I've got no reason to doubt him, then that is a very valid reason about the high pricing. Still, if the company was really interested in expanding their business and keeping LOYAL customers, they'd move to a lower cost area. Sounds like to me that they really just don't care and that's ok but a shame to me. Great products that have made huge impacts in the hunting industry for many years but...........................................It's really made me search and FIND other options.

RH

Wonder what it would cost to move the operations at their size and volume? Machines AND people.

Me

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Good point Teal. I would doubt alot of hourly employees would move though. Learning curves, etc...............Huge undertaking.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Good point Teal. I would doubt alot of hourly employees would move though. Learning curves, etc...............Huge undertaking.

Yep and say you did move it - new people in the new place, quality takes a massive hit and then there's "I won't use Noslers since they moved, bullets are crap" and bam. Nosler spent 25 million to move and lose even more revenue than just staying and being expensive.

Now, I might say there's a bit of thought to not expanding in their current place and all expansion taking place elsewhere more conducive to business economics but that does require split attention then. Google Meets, MS Teams, Zoom and aircraft help bridge that gap. Probably for less than a sponsored TV show.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That has been my experience--and have been buying seconds since the 1980s, before they went on-line. Every time one of my group of friends back then was traveling close to Bend we'd make a want list, and whoever would stop at the retail store and, uh, load up.

You remember the old Bivwak site? Nosler used to put bunches on there. You’d bid for 250-1000 bullets at a wack.

I’ve still got a pile of 95 BTs, 150 .277 BTs, 180 .308 BTs I got for cheap in those days before SPS started selling them in whatever quantity you wanted.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
Nosler can run things however they like. I can spend my money however I like. I will say that the Accubonds and Partitions are no longer worth the asking price in my book. $75-80 per 50ct for their 7mm or .30cal hunting bullets is too steep when compared to other options on the market, especially for my needs.

I'm in this camp. Like so many, I've benefitted greatly from the SPS savings through the years and have ample supply for the number of rifles that fling them.

Ten years ago, I'd have never dreamed of shooting anything else or at least their products warranting top consideration in bullet I'd like to use/try in a new rifle. Today, they aren't even on the radar – thank goodness for choice. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 26 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,770
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.