Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Crickeys, people, some of you are acting like you’re being forced to buy Nosler bullets.

Quit bitching and either pony up or find alternatives.

P

I am not seeing that at all. People are questioning Nosler bullet prices escalating at a rate that is much faster than the competition, and they are finding alternatives.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
nosler can do what they want its their company
and you guys can buy what you want its your money...
all I am saying is they are taking advantage of the market
presently I can buy .257 etips cheaper than any .257 ballistic tip or accubond listed at SPS in the past few months with the etip being the more expensive bullet but not as popular and I typically can buy first rate bullets from retailers cheaper than what SPS sells their seconds for also I have not seen the large price swings from hornady or barnes

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, which is a perfect example of Adam Smith's "the invisible hand of the marketplace."

But apparently Nosler is still making a profit, which is the purpose of any capitalistic enterprise.

Am sometimes amazed by how many Campfire members bitch about how capitalism works....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
capitalism is fine i know as well as anybody after running a retail business for 25 years that had its highs and lows...if you can sell it and the market will bare it have at it ....but it is what it is

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yep, which is a perfect example of Adam Smith's "the invisible hand of the marketplace."

But apparently Nosler is still making a profit, which is the purpose of any capitalistic enterprise.

Am sometimes amazed by how many Campfire members bitch about how capitalism works....

Consumers deciding that they no longer wish to support companies that jack their prices up too high is part of capitalism too. Maybe they aren't bitching about capitalism, but rather playing their role in it?

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Well, sure....

Did I say anything arguing against that?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Since the campfire is officially pisssed off at Nosler, I expect their bullet prices to fall rapidly in the near future. I'll be on the lookout.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Since the campfire is officially pisssed off at Nosler, I expect their bullet prices to fall rapidly in the near future. I'll be on the lookout.
Me, too.

DF

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's supply and demand. The demand for Nosler bullets seems to exceed the supply therefore the increase in price. Fortunately there are other excellent alternatives. We always want what we can't get.
The conflicts throughout the world are undoubtedly causing increases in the cost of powder, brass and primers but I doubt any Russian troops are being shot with Nosler Partitions or Accubonds.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
the prices are definitely getting out of control. of most any bullets nowadays. but if you're going to bitch about the bullet price you're going to have an absolute heart attack at the new powder prices coming up..

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Same…. whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was more disappointed with the lack of availability of Nosler bullets the past few years. When I did start finding them again the price had jump quite a bit. Seemed like a good reason to be totally pissed.

In the big picture for me though, and looking back on this past fall though, I spent in the neighborhood of $300 on fuel to get an elk. At that point, I just decided if I have to pay a $1 each for a hunting bullet that works for me, I'll do it. I don't shoot hundreds of shots per year with what I consider hunting bullets, maybe dozens is more like it. I save the high volume shooting 22 caliber varmint stuff and the cheaper NBT's for practice.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nosler makes great bullets but Nosler has a problem with getting those great bullets out to the stores for the stores to maintain a good inventory , i am tired of it so i now buy and use Hammer bullets which seem to always have what i need in stock.Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by pete53
Nosler makes great bullets but Nosler has a problem with getting those great bullets out to the stores for the stores to maintain a good inventory , i am tired of it so i now buy and use Hammer bullets which seem to always have what i need in stock.Pete53
I use Nosler bullets for myself and good buds for whom I reload.

But, like you, I'm impressed with the Hammer company and their products. I have limited experience with their bullets, but like what I'm seeing.

I've only killed one deer with a Hammer bullet; terminal performance was impressive. They seem easy to load and accuracy is impressive. Sorta expensive, but here we go talking about Nosler prices rising, making Hammer even more competitive.

I've posted before, wondering how long before no-lead is the national rule like in CA. I like to see CEB, Lehigh and Hammer developing and enhancing no-lead bullet technology. You just never know when that will be our only choice for hunting. Hope not. but don't starting arguing logic when it comes to the govt, libs, tree huggers, earth warming nut jobs, et al.....

We better get out the vote or we're in a heap of hurt as a country.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/03/24.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The LGS has three boxes of 6.5 MM 140 grain Partitions for $78.99. They can keep them at that price.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.