K
Grizzlies and Snuffers, 125 grain on wood shafts

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
fun to see the pictures of all these fine broadheads i just turned 70 years of age and i wish i was young again to try all these broadheads again . about 6 years ago after 50 some years of bowhunting for deer whitetail and mule deer , bear , elk ,moose ,buffalo and critters while sitting in another deer stand thinking about all those years about bows,arrows , broadheads and blood trails of the past . i decided to go back to basically my old way because these new or all mechanical broadheads sometimes broad trails were poor and my eyes were getting old too , so seeing dots of blood was getting harder for me. 6 years ago was my last year drawing a vertical bow shoulder just could not take the pain anymore with even a 20lb. recurve , before that i had went back too 2219 aluminum shafts ,5 inch helical feathers , hot glued in Zwickey Eskimo broadheads i hand sharpened . the next year i purchased a noisy Raven x-bow and yes this x-bow was accurate as long as you used mechanical broadheads but would not shoot a Zwickey or any other none mechanical broadhead . i sold that Ravin x-bow to a friend and purchased a Excaliber x-bow recurve type, came with carbon type arrow/ bolts i did not like , so i decided to do it my way so i cut some 2219 shafts the right length to fit this x-bow ,put 5 inch feather with a right wing helical and glued in Zwickey Eskimo broadheads . i turned these broadheads and shooting these arrows in my 20 yd. basement archery range and got these arrows/bolts shooting excellent ,so i sharpened these Zwickey broadheads to hunt with. so i went back bowhunting since i ate by my rifle tag because i never seen a decent buck in 2 weeks, i even hunted sunrise to sunset on my rifle stand. so middle of December with 6 inches of snow on the ground ,10 degrees ,calm evening , deer were moving well and coming out to soybean field i was in my ground blind and on the 4th evening in my blind finally a decent buck came out and stood for me at 20 yards eating soybeans . i put that arrow with the Zwickey Eskimo thru that buck`s lungs buck ran 80 yds and tipped over dead and one heck of a bloodtrail and i never have found that arrow yet. biggest body deer i have ever shot shot gun or bow 2nd or 3rd biggest antlers was a 9 point . > so i am staying with these old Zwickey Eskimo broadheads , do you guys know these Zwickey Broadheads have killed every animal in the world over many years ?. Fred Bear started bowhunting with these Zwickey Broadheads too till Fred decided if he made his own broadheads he could make even more money , Mr. Zwickey himself told me told me this too he gave Fred Bear Zwickey Broadheads he kinda sponsored Fred Bear in the old days. bowhunters choice your broadheads , and have some great times bowhunting, and as a great old pro archer told me > shoot to kill,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trifecta broadheads deserve a serious look. Lusk archery has conducted broadhead tests for quite some time. The Trifecta produced some of the top scores ever. Single bevel. Multiple configurations from a single ferrule.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I'm a big fan of Rage Hypodermics. Lots of guys hate on them, but after dozens and dozens of successful kills on everything from antelope to elk I man a believer. I do think your setup matters a lot though. I shoot heavy arrows an heavy poundage so that makes a big difference.

Attached Images
IMG_7323.jpeg (33 KB, 79 downloads)
Last edited by LifebytheHorns; 01/24/24.
A
A
Take a look at Swat Magnums

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ramcat 100

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Far from an experienced bow hunter, but I have been nothing short of amazed by Slick Trick Magnums.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
The old Vortex

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Rage in the cage for me.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,709
Posts18,475,378
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.