Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by 160user
Big gators can eat pretty much anything they want.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the things I miss about my days in Minnesota. I think the biggest northern I caught was up on Lake of the Woods... about a 45 pound fish. I've seen some caught over in Wisconsin, over by Taylor's Falls, that were in the 60 lb range.

Had some friends, who's toy poodle fell off their boat into the lake, and a 60 pound or so northern, just came up and swallowed the poodle whole. Of course you could imagine how hysterical the wife was.... I think he husband enjoyed that tho.. he never liked that poodle. he was a big dog kind of guy.

Get out of the twin cities, a lot of great folks in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Holy Mary Mother of God....This is now the biggest bullsh'it story on the campfire. LMFAO.

I'd love to hear more about the 60 pound pike you've "seen." Please share more of these with us.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sort of reminds me of a girlfriend I once had- - - - - - -she had no gag reflex whatsoever!

Come on man. This isn't about you throwing a hotdog down a hallway at the tiddy bar. This is about 45-60 pound pike in MN and WI.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Seafire
One of the things I miss about my days in Minnesota. I think the biggest northern I caught was up on Lake of the Woods... about a 45 pound fish. I've seen some caught over in Wisconsin, over by Taylor's Falls, that were in the 60 lb range.

Had some friends, who's toy poodle fell off their boat into the lake, and a 60 pound or so northern, just came up and swallowed the poodle whole. Of course you could imagine how hysterical the wife was.... I think he husband enjoyed that tho.. he never liked that poodle. he was a big dog kind of guy.

Do you ever get sick of being full of shit or do you believe most of it at this point?

I'm still trying to figure out where Taylors Falls, WI is.

Last edited by tzone; 02/27/24.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
I'm still trying to figure out where Taylors Falls, WI is.

C'mon now pard, easy to confuse which side of the St. Croix you are on.

Wonder if thats where all the 60 lbers were pulled out of? Best kept secret in Esox fishing I guess....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I've been holding out for a true 20 lb'er to put on the wall. I've caught several 40" pike on Lake of the Woods and haven't cracked that weight yet. Real close but not quite.

My wife caught a 23 lb and an old girlfriend caught a 24 lb on MY Tip Up.

The largest I've seen was 32 lbs and that thing was HUGE.

Seafire is catching 45 and poodle eating 60 lb'ers.

HAHAHA

40"+? 24lbs? FUGGGGG all that. I'm dink dropping those hammer handles left and right if I can't get them to shake off at the boat. Don't even get excited about em until they hit 30-35lbs...lol.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I’ve caught pike in the interior that had two whitefish in its throat and still hit a pixie.

Just thought the video was cool is all.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I've been holding out for a true 20 lb'er to put on the wall. I've caught several 40" pike on Lake of the Woods and haven't cracked that weight yet. Real close but not quite.

My wife caught a 23 lb and an old girlfriend caught a 24 lb on MY Tip Up.

The largest I've seen was 32 lbs and that thing was HUGE.

Seafire is catching 45 and poodle eating 60 lb'ers.

HAHAHA

40"+? 24lbs? FUGGGGG all that. I'm dink dropping those hammer handles left and right if I can't get them to shake off at the boat. Don't even get excited about em until they hit 30-35lbs...lol.

You could always pickle 'em! LOL

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’ve caught pike in the interior that had two whitefish in its throat and still hit a pixie.

It is a cool video, IB. I've seen it before.

But posting this thread made my day.

I hate poodles. hahahaha

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wear them pike out. Never keep them unless they swallow hard ... grayling same ... My two best 49" northern ,21" gray.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve caught several pike 45” and longer, biggest 46.5”, all in Ontario.

NRA Patron
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Never weighed one. Never heard many that did. It was measure em and turn em back mostly.

50 inches is the goal in AK. In the right places its not hard to hit 50. At least some years ago out in the bush.

Still easily doable off the Yukon.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in Wisconsin fishing for walleye when i heard this commotion coming from another boat. I look over and I see this gosh at least 65-70 pike eat this toy poodle. The lady was yelling hysterically for her husband to do something. He just stood there watching it was a sight to see. Later that day I caught 47.5lb walleye.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by rost495
Never weighed one. Never heard many that did. It was measure em and turn em back mostly.

50 inches is the goal in AK. In the right places its not hard to hit 50. At least some years ago out in the bush.

Still easily doable off the Yukon.
I kind of figured it was still workable.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
I was in Wisconsin fishing for walleye when i heard this commotion coming from another boat. I look over and I see this gosh at least 65-70 pike eat this toy poodle. The lady was yelling hysterically for her husband to do something. He just stood there watching it was a sight to see. Later that day I caught 47.5lb walleye.
🤣🤣🤣

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
We catch alot of big lingcod around here that grab a rockfish while were reeling them up. Some of the biggest lingcod we catch every year are caught that way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

Bro, I was there albeit on shore hunting epic giant moose in the 138mph wind. Needless to say I had to scope the commotion with my trusty ol' 375H&H and accidentally popped one off and took out the fisherman's Hummingbird XP711. Don't know what stunned the dude more, loss of his wife's dog or the exploding fish finder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Side note.

After I shot the dude's fish finder I crept back into the forest but not before I noticed the epic pool of poodle's blood wash ashore.

Being the cunning hunter that I am, I knew this would be IDEAL wolf bait. Later that night I went into stealth mode and took out an ENTIRE pack of blood thirsty wolves.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender

It is a cool video, IB. I've seen it before.

Yeah, it's cool, I was just being a dick earlier. I especially liked the way the person with the camera pulled it out of the water when the pike got close, probably just a gut reaction.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Pard, 47.5lb walleye just aren't as common as they used to be....miss the good ol' days.

Did I ever tell you about the 60 lb stringer of sauger I landed ice fishing last weekend?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Side note.

After I shot the dude's fish finder I crept back into the forest but not before I noticed the epic pool of poodle's blood wash ashore.

Being the cunning hunter that I am, I knew this would be IDEAL wolf bait. Later that night I went into stealth mode and took out an ENTIRE pack of blood thirsty wolves.

That was you?!?! ... small world man.

I happened to get most of it on an old Super 8 from the beach. Watching my kid play in the sand. I was Chief of Police at the time. Big trouble with slough sharks that summer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (257 mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 11 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,844
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.