Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Irving_D
F@ck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.

Yep
Wendy's is already overpriced IMHO

Not to mention the fact that their burgers have shrunk in size dramatically. 😡

A few months ago I hit their drive through because the Whataburger line was way too long, and I was in a hurry. Ordered their $5.00 “Biggie Bag” special.
Burger was about two fugging bites, and the all 4 nuggets wouldn’t have amount to one nugget at Chick-fil-A. 😡
Should be called the Wendy’s MICRO Food Portions You Got Screwed “special”

FUQK Wendy’s. I won’t be going back. Hope they Bite The Dust.

Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas is probably rolling over in his GRAVE.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I could see lowering the price during slow times from their standard pricing. Happy hour if you will. Sonic already does this, 'your morning drink stop' where their drinks are 99 cents before 11 am instead of $1.80 or whatever. Generates more traffic during the times that they aren't selling anything, still making a profit, just not as much of a profit, and sells a cheeseburger while the family is stopping for a round of cokes.

Of course the model will include that, lowering to get more traffic, but will go above normal pricing during peak times, and that is going to piss everybody off, and I would bet traffic overall goes down for Wendy's.

Probably the reason why Sonic is ALWAYS busy, no matter what time of day it is.
And they also serve their breakfast menu items all day long, too.
Noticed a commercial the other night for their Quarter Pound Cheeseburger for only $1.99.

Hope that puts a cramp in both McD’s and Wendy’s profits.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I operated a small business for years- when the economy is bad you have to accept that you'll be making less money. Big corporations refuse to do that- they start lying- conniving dreaming up ways to cheap people out of money.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I operated a small business for years- when the economy is bad you have to accept that you'll be making less money. Big corporations refuse to do that- they start lying- conniving dreaming up ways to cheap people out of money.

No doubt. Just like all the grocery store items that are now in smaller packages with less products at higher prices.
And Another Fuqking consequence of STOLEN ELECTIONS. 😡

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just went to Wendy's.com webpage to complain about this,and tell them how stupid they are. I clicked on their Contact Us .icon .all it does is take you to a bar were you type in search bar .and it does not take complaints in the search menu .So there contact us icon is just a sham.They really dont want to hear from us

NRA Life Member
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That's too bad, the plain double with cheese is pretty good, but I'm not playing the "gig economy tech bro" game with a fast food restaurant.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Pretzel pub is bangin 🤤

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rem shooter
I just went to Wendy's.com webpage to complain about this,and tell them how stupid they are. I clicked on their Contact Us .icon .all it does is take you to a bar were you type in search bar .and it does not take complaints in the search menu .So there contact us icon is just a sham.They really dont want to hear from us
That's how all corporation websites work.
I tried to contact a Suppressor/Silencer company yesterday about two pop-ups that covered 3/4 of the page every two seconds.
Same thing with my phone.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The claim that they will be doing "surge" pricing is false, a lie, a hoax, and something just made up by some stupid reporter.

They actually will be using "dynamic" pricing to offer DISCOUNTS not increases. Story HERE

All you screaming boycotters can now just STFU.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Relax Wendy, Damn.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The claim that they will be doing "surge" pricing is false, a lie, a hoax, and something just made up by some stupid reporter.

They actually will be using "dynamic" pricing to offer DISCOUNTS not increases. Story HERE

Originally Posted by 9News Article
"The company said their initial announcement during the investor call was misinterpreted."

a) "Sounds like" they are walking it back because of the bad PR...
b) "Dynamic Pricing", even if only DOWN, would still allow them to set the "Normal" price at $20 each, and then "dynamically" adjust "down" to a more affordable price during slow times of day.

Regardless whether they "dynamically" adjust up or down, bottom line, their prices are going up...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

But I want to be mad and complain about a voluntary action I took, knowing what I was getting for the price I paid and claim it's me getting cheated.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knowing reporters as I do, I much prefer to accept what the CEO says. The brainless, leftist, Wendy's-hating reporter translated "dynamic" to be "surge" - likely out of sensationalism and to throw dirt on anything perceived as conservative.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL

old farts on here fussing about Wendy’s

Stay home and eat your Puss-N-Boots cod liver paté at the ‘cabin’ .

🤣🤣

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I should take the boys to a Wendy's sometime.

Been 20 years since I have been to one I think.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i dont trust no CEO's or bussnesses.or trust them to tell the truth.I remember 20 years ago when Krogers went to their litttle card you scanned before they scanned your food , and told everyone they would save money ..what a false statement , before the card erything was a certian price .day they started their price saving card they raised the price on EVERYTHING .but the card only brought the price down to the same pre-card price .and only on maybe half the items they sold ..ii kept track of prices before and after ...i thought what ...a ...scam ...they are all crooks . SSooooo i absolutly see them trying this .then backtracking from the uproar over it ...t not like that CEO doesnt lie to custsomers everyday .

Last edited by rem shooter; 02/28/24.

NRA Life Member
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I could see lowering the price during slow times from their standard pricing. Happy hour if you will. Sonic already does this, 'your morning drink stop' where their drinks are 99 cents before 11 am instead of $1.80 or whatever. Generates more traffic during the times that they aren't selling anything, still making a profit, just not as much of a profit, and sells a cheeseburger while the family is stopping for a round of cokes.

Of course the model will include that, lowering to get more traffic, but will go above normal pricing during peak times, and that is going to piss everybody off, and I would bet traffic overall goes down for Wendy's.

Probably the reason why Sonic is ALWAYS busy, no matter what time of day it is.
And they also serve their breakfast menu items all day long, too.
Noticed a commercial the other night for their Quarter Pound Cheeseburger for only $1.99.

Hope that puts a cramp in both McD’s and Wendy’s profits.

ours offers full menu all day so if you want a double cheeseburger at 7am, you can get it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Their stuff. They get to price it for what they want, when they want. Dynamic or otherwise.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Dynamic pricing models can work when you’re trying to spread demand over open hours, but I don’t think it’ll apply well here. Certainly can work in the hospitality/tourism sector, but this is an on-demand business, and not one that is doing well. This WILL have a negative effect.

Hi, I’m Jeff and this is my 1st campfire post.

Last edited by 308Palma; 02/28/24. Reason: Clarity
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
hey Jeff

don't be alarmed at the responses you get with that admission

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 18,584 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,849
Posts18,537,409
Members74,050
Most Online20,407
6 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.