Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave
This is by the far greatest paddle holster I have ever used.

Great retention and very fast out of the holster. I'll never bother with anything else.

https://safariland.com/products/model-6378-als-concealment-paddle-holster-w-belt-loop-23341
Totes… I run one on my g19 5 & 47. Mine adjusted out where the retention rattled but I cut a square out of basket ball rubber as a washer. Everyone has been talking about the HPG sht so I bought the snubby fanny and it’s slow as all get out. I will stick to gunfighters chesty.

Last edited by smallfry; 09/10/23.
GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Gunfighters chest rig or HPG kit bag for my SA XDM Elite 10mm…depending on where I’m hiking or Hunting. I usually carry the 10x32 binos under my arm with the Gunfighters chest rig when hunting if I’m not carrying bear spray.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by Trappererick
Looking for a way to carry my 3" 1911 on my backpack. Would like to carry it on my left shoulder strap and looking for someone who makes a holster and attachment system that will allow me to do this. My gun is a 3" 1911 with a Holosun RMR. Does anyone know of a system that will work for this? Cant carry it on the waist strap as I have some pockets all ready on there.

Are the items in your hip belt pockets more important to have at hand than your handgun? Way easier to put that stuff in your pack and carry on the waistbelt.

I like the safariland ALS paddle holsters. Put it on the padded waistbelt for the hike. When you drop your pack, thread your belt through it and your carry gun is in the same place.

It is possible to use a Safariland mid or low ride universal belt loop with your ALS holster and not have to move it back and forth.

Shim the 2" or 2.25" belt loop to fit your trouser belt and the ubl will ride under your pack belt and drop your holster low enough to clear. If it is a thicker pack belt, T spacers or mls/qls quick detach setups can be used to offset the holster away from you and the pack belt.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by deflave
This is by the far greatest paddle holster I have ever used.

Great retention and very fast out of the holster. I'll never bother with anything else.

https://safariland.com/products/model-6378-als-concealment-paddle-holster-w-belt-loop-23341
Totes… I run one on my g19 5 & 47. Mine adjusted out where the retention rattled but I cut a square out of basket ball rubber as a washer. Everyone has been talking about the HPG sht so I bought the snubby fanny and it’s slow as all get out. I will stick to gunfighters chesty.

One of these will attach to your holster and can then be used to attach the holster to a PALS chest rig.

https://safariland.com/products/mod...ystem-holster-locking-fork-mls-15-23118/

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have not read all posts yet ? but i just purchased a x-draw paddle holster and went to a lighter revolver Ruger 4 1/2 inch barrel sp101 Ruger 357 ,5 shot . this system is lighter ,accurate and with hard lead bear bullets i feel safe and hardly notice myself carrying this combo. try a paddle holster you will be surprise how well it fits , i am right handed have it on left side angled in front of my hip its quick and fast there too. good luck,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Obviously, you can strap/thread the holster somewhere on the pack or pack strap.. Molle, etc? Does it flop around and is it in your way, frequently? Can you reach it and draw easily?

I'd recommend an actual gun belt for the holster that you can wear around your mid. Cross draw, maybe?
Or a chest rig.

You'll never be separated from your firearm.

This. I would find a place on your waist where it’s unobstructed by any of your other gear that you are comfortable and familiar with drawing from and practice from that position.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bugs4
If I'm dressed so I can get at it easily, I prefer a good crossdraw (Bianchi 111 is a good one) with a 4 or 5" model 29

I've done this for years when I hunt blacktail deer with a S&W 44 and leave the rifle at home. I like that I can swap the same holster to my strong side for the drive to and from my hunting spot. The Bianchi 111 and the Galco Dual-Position Phoenix are pretty much identical in that respect.

My experience with modern chest rigs is limited to one multi-day bear hunt and several pre-season scouting trips. The load was a pair of 8x32 Leicas, a G19 with Lost River ammo, and a rangefinder. Maybe that's too much stuff, but I find that the less weight on my chest, the better I like it. I moved the G19 to my belt and I'm switching to rangefinder binoculars.

I'm usually in pretty thick brush and the extra straps of a chest rig are just more stuff to get snagged. I'm also not making true backpacking hunts, but long day hunts out of truck- or boat-based camps. I rarely use a waist belt on a pack, and because our hunting weather is much warmer (and wetter) than the rest of the US, I'm more concerned about compatibility with rain gear than anything else.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Don't carry it on your backpack strap. The minute you take your pack off, you are unarmed. There is a reason why chest rigs like the Hill People Gear are so popular. Because the work perfectly for this.

Bears repeating.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by Thegman
Haven't tried it myself, but this looked like a possibility, for me anyway. May drop the pistol just far enough under the pack belt to be out of the way, but not halfway down your thigh like the typical "tactical" leg holsters. They have chest holsters as well, but I generally have binoculars and a range finder there.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/micro-aggression-thigh-panel/

I finally got this. It does keep the grip below the pack hip belt, but haven't run around in the woods with it yet. Here's a quick pick with an empty pack. I'm not a lefty, I took the picture with the front camera on my phone and I guess it flips the image.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for posting the info. How has it worked for you in use?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Razco

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I like guns | optics | fishing
IC B3

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 270cowboy, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.