Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Not sure why you act so surprised about this.

Mostly I am surprised how ignorant people insist on remaining... on such a wide array of topics.

That is kinda it in a nutshell.

People actually LIKE being brokedick.

Weird.

if it is something that is of no benefit to a person in their everyday lives, why worry about it. calling everybody a brokedick is lame...
you are impressing no one but yourself, you should be better than that as you are obviously an educated person...use your knowledge to lift people up ...not demean them.....bob

Last edited by Bob_mt; 03/03/24.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Not sure why you act so surprised about this.

Mostly I am surprised how ignorant people insist on remaining... on such a wide array of topics.

That is kinda it in a nutshell.

People actually LIKE being brokedick.

Weird.

Cash, you’re a dying breed,

The average Person nowadays is more focused on how to download the latest Peacock App,

Tradesmen doing actual math via the brain by memory,

Long gone.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Ya and cash just got schooled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How many board feet.

Oak Hardwood Flooring

2” planks

15’x 20’ room size

Last edited by steve4102; 03/03/24.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by callnum
...distribution yard.

What the fugg is a "distribution yard"?

JFC you are dumb.

Let me break out the crayons.

Sawmills produce lumber. Headed east generally it gets shipped into distribution yards but some direct to end users. The distribution yards sort the car loads into grade, specie dimensions etc. The retail lumber yard order from the distribution yard. Lengths grades etc.

Big retailer yards will take full trucks or cars but generally the retailers get theirs from the distribution yards.

I’m not talking podunk sawmills like you are use to dealing with. I’m talking the big boys. Weyerhaeuser, Sierra Pacific Wesr Frazier etc.

Cripes
Phaagut callscum is a lumber expurt now 🥴

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
...distribution yard.

JFC you are dumb.

Sawmills produce lumber. Headed east generally it gets shipped into distribution yards but some direct to end users. The distribution yards sort the car loads into grade, specie dimensions etc. The retail lumber yard order from the distribution yard. Lengths grades etc.

Big retailer yards will take full trucks or cars but generally the retailers get theirs from the distribution yards.

I’m not talking podunk sawmills like you are use to dealing with. I’m talking the big boys. Weyerhaeuser, Sierra Pacific Wesr Frazier etc.

Cripes

OF COURSE lumber is made and graded at a mill... that is what mills fugging do.

I buy lots of lumber from Weyerhaeuser... They are a MILL... They make dimensional lumber and ship it to HD et al. There is no "distribution yard" about it.

You are talking out of your ass... AGAIN.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When all y'all lost your minds, did it hurt?

Board Foot = 1" x 12" x 12"

Lumber purchased in stores is not so evenly numbered. BF is a measure of volume, nothing more or less.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
if it is something that is of no benefit to a person in their everyday lives, why worry about it. calling everybody a brokedick is lame...
you are impressing no one but yourself, you should be better than that as you are obviously an educated person...use your knowledge to lift people up ...not demean them.....bob

This is where we differ Bob... I have no problem what-so-ever kicking a brokedick parasite in the teeth. None.

I also enjoy mean tweets.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
...distribution yard.

JFC you are dumb.

Cripes

OF COURSE lumber is made and graded at a mill... that is what mills fugging do.

I buy lots of lumber from Weyerhaeuser... They are a MILL... They make dimensional lumber and ship it to HD et al. There is no "distribution yard" about it.

You are talking out of your ass... AGAIN.

Google lumber distribution yard near you and report back dumb azz

Last edited by callnum; 03/03/24.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
How many board feet.

Oak Hardwood Flooring

2” planks

15’x 20’ room size

The room is 300 SF.

The planking is 2".

600 BF to do the room.

Add 20% for waste IMHO... depending on the lumber lengths/moisture/checking etc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How many board feet.

Oak Hardwood Flooring

2” planks

15’x 20’ room size

The room is 300 SF.

The planking is 2".

600 BF to do the room.

Add 20% for waste IMHO... depending on the lumber lengths/moisture/checking etc.
Wrong.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Google lumber distribution yard near you and report back dumb azz

This is the small order I made from Weyerhaeuser on 2-28...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
How many board feet.

Oak Hardwood Flooring

2” planks

15’x 20’ room size

The room is 300 SF.

The planking is 2".

600 BF to do the room.

Wrong.

Teach me Stevie Wonder... Teach me...

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
So cash do you think that 73’ A frame rolling down the tracks with 110,000 bf of 2x12-8’-20’ 2&.btr is headed to an end user?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
So cash do you think that 73’ A frame rolling down the tracks with 110,000 bf of 2x12-8’-20’ 2&.btr is headed to an end user?

Of course... the end user being a Menards, HD, truss plant, lam plant... nobody handles wood twice. The loss of efficiency mandates that.

It is made... then it is shipped.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

Of course... the end user being a Menards, HD, truss plant, lam plant... nobody handles wood twice. The loss of efficiency mandates that.

Wrong

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I'll stay out of this one. Having worked in the lumber business for forty years, I am having a good laugh, at arguments put forth!!!!

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Wrong

I am beginning to think you are bullchitter that knows nothing about the lumber industry.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
another good thread has slid off into the septic tank

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Heym06
I'll stay out of this one. Having worked in the lumber business for forty years, I am having a good laugh, at arguments put forth!!!!

Jump right on in... I would be curious to hear some WC opinions. Seriously.

Same with anyone associated AWP.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Wrong

I am beginning to think you are bullchitter that knows nothing about the lumber industry.
He’s a phaagut

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 29aholic, 35 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,854
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.