Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I bought one of the Arken EPL-4, 4-16 x 44 scopes and have tried mounting it on two different rifles in 2 different sets of rings......Warne Maxima's and Burris Extremes with the same results. When torqued to a little past hand tight, the parallax knob is stiff and catches when i turn it. When torqued to recommended specs of 18 in/lbs, the parallax won't turn at all. I have tried mounting the rings as far away from the center and closer to the center with same results. Any suggestions?

Why is it called a double u, should'nt it be called a double v?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then it needs sent back

Good luck contacting them

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Send it back to ... China.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
double check and make sure none of the parallax knob is making contact with your rail..

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
double check and make sure none of the parallax knob is making contact with your rail..

All clear

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RicG

LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've a few of the EPL-4 '16's in VHR,amongst a few others,all of which DESTROYED my Reupold MK5 HD 3.6-18x FFP. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Dump 20 Mils in the MK5 and it takes a rifle that shoots in the .2's,to nearly 2" at 50yds. Pretty [bleep] FUNNY! Hint.

I rather like the LH-4 VPR '16's too. They are unerring in tracking and repeats. Hint.

They are routinely flogged upon and Reupold can't begin to touch 'em. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by RicG

LOL!!!
well that may very well be true. if you have trouble with the high dollar March brand scopes many times they have to be sent back to Japan....

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
There’s 2 free warranty scopes priced into every chicom scope.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Send your Reupold MK4 FFP Spotter in for repair for the third fhuqking time and "win" a new erector assembly. Hint.

Just sayin'.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hmm. A scope that puked without smashing it with a hammer to destroy it, needing a new maintube, eyepiece assembly, and objective assembly. Asia's finest.

Best bet is send it back to the dealer and trade it in on something else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As you will notice in Sticks pictures, it is best to have a closet full of backups when buying chicom scopes

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CLUELESS Whining Brokedicks are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,while you Fhuqktards Pretend aloud. Hint.

Just sayin'................

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Funny how Leupold's don't have that problem, as much as some try to make it happen. HINT

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I’m guessing Stick must have some sort of financial interest in Arken. An influencer if you will.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I’m guessing Stick must have some sort of financial interest in Arken. An influencer if you will.

I've a single Arken - works as advertised. No one pays me.

Me

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Teal

How many people are going to take a risk and try out an Arken because you have one?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

How many people are going to take a risk and try out an Arken because you have one?

Why the F should I care if they do or don't? You need someone to tell you how/what to do for every decision? People ask - I give my experience. Same as you, Stick or others.

Go to Arken's site - no mention or testimonials other than those from the founder, leaning on his experience as a Seal Team 1 sniper. If you're founded by and run by Seal Team snipers in today's market - I doubt they're wasting their time paying a guy in Alaska to tout their wares on 1-2 forums. An influencer contract would likely include some level of exclusivity so posting 12 Arken boxes with 6 Athlon boxes would violate that rather quick. Also - Stick has, in the past, said Arken for play, Athlon for meat IIRC. Been a while since I remember reading that. Again - not "influencer" behavior.

I suppose one could join their forum and see if Stick's in there but paying a random influencer to work their own forum is malpractice of their marketing department. Have you emailed/called Michael Benedict over there and asked?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Then it needs sent back

THIS. They do have a warrantee.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Companies send people free product to “try out” all the time. All the person is required to do in return is provide some positive marketing exposure to their audience. Every youtube video now starts with a flashlight review. Stick has an audience and Arken would be ahead if he posted up dozens of pictures of (free to him) Arken scopes on expensive custom rifles in the field. Then post a picture of a dozen Arken boxes next to other high end optics and wares. Then talk about how well they track (unless you are hunting). Thats all I’m saying.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is fascinatingly fhuqking HILARIOUS,how Brokedick Whining Professional Victims concoct their Delusions. Pardon my having a fair to middlin' part time job,while you extoll your VERY well founded Brokedick Insecurities. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try. Also suggested I buy their rings???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Supertrucker
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try.

What things? Really curious!
Never heard of your issue B4.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fotis
Arken returned my warranty request with a troubleshooting list of a few things to try.

What things? Really curious!
Never heard of your issue B4.

Kyle, It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the parallax adjustment knob on your EPL-4 scope when mounted using non-Arken rings. While using Arken rings may potentially alleviate the problem, it's important to troubleshoot the issue further to determine the root cause and find a suitable solution.
Here are a few steps you can take:
Verify Mounting Alignment: Ensure that the scope is mounted correctly and aligned with the rifle's bore axis. Misalignment can cause binding and stiffness in adjustment knobs. Double-check the alignment by using a scope leveling tool.
Inspect Mounting Hardware: Check the mounting hardware (screws, bases, rings) for any defects, damage, or inconsistencies. Make sure all components are clean, properly seated, and tightened to the recommended torque specifications.
Review Scope Clearance: Confirm that there is sufficient clearance between the scope and the rifle's receiver, barrel, and other components. Insufficient clearance can cause interference and binding when adjusting the parallax knob.
Test Parallax Adjustment Off-Rifle: Remove the scope from the rifle and test the parallax adjustment knob off-rifle to isolate whether the issue persists regardless of mounting. If the knob still feels stiff or catches when turned off-rifle, it may indicate an internal issue with the scope itself.
I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In other words, 30mm may not be actually 30mm. So, you have to use their rings that are the same "size".

Makes perfect sense.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reviewing orders,I've only purchased/received 17 sets of their rings thus far,though more are in the Mail headed this way. Never an issue and I rather like them. Hint.

Just sayin'.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I could find out if the LH4 is any good or not. Ordered in early December and have not seen it yet. So much for 4-6 weeks.......

Will piss me off if the 30mm scope does not fit 30mm rings that I already own.

Last edited by centershot; 03/04/24.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nobody cares who didn't have an issue. This dude has an issue. Either help him, or stop wasting bandwidth.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have one, in their rings, and it's a pretty good scope, especially for the money.

Mine has the VHR reticle, and I have another on order with the VPR reticle.

All things being equal, I'd prefer the VPR with the "Christmas tree" reticle for my 22 LR.

Originally Posted by centershot
Wish I could find out if the LH4 is any good or not. Ordered in early December and have not seen it yet. So much for 4-6 weeks.......

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Pretty easy to pull the scope and see if the issue persists when the scope is not mounted. I have several of the Arkens and have for the most part been happy with them. I would like to know if the problem is consistent whether mounted or loose.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Correction: (19) sets,just ordered two more. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I have 3 Arken ELP-4's. One is in a set of Arken rings, One is in Vortex rings, and one is in a set of Sports Match TO84 rings. Mine fit perfectly in 30MM rings with no problems.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pavementends
Pretty easy to pull the scope and see if the issue persists when the scope is not mounted. I have several of the Arkens and have for the most part been happy with them. I would like to know if the problem is consistent whether mounted or loose.

Just got home and put said scope into Seekins rings and not on rifle. With screws hand tight, the parallax worked fine. At 18 in/pds, the parallax would only move 1/4 turn. Un did the screws and re-torqued to 10 in/pds and parallax gained another 1/8 turn. It seems to be the ring closest to the Objective that is causing the issue.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Spacing is a thing.

I try to get the rings as far away from the center adjustments as possible, and not too near the rear adjustments either.

Rings too close to any adjustable part of the scope are always a problem for me.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Spacing is a thing.

I try to get the rings as far away from the center adjustments as possible, and not too near the rear adjustments either.

Rings too close to any adjustable part of the scope are always a problem for me.

I’ve mounted the rings all the way against the bell housing and the front one up against the power selector and vice versa and I get the same results. I really want to like this scope. Never had an issue like this with any scope.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
dial caliper on the main tube at various places. If it is any larger than 1.1811", there is the problem.

Last edited by KenMi; 03/04/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Send it back. Website says lifetime warranty.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I’d move the back one away from the power selector about 1/2”

That’s an area sensitive to clamping

See if that works.

Originally Posted by David_Walter
Spacing is a thing.

I’ve mounted the rings all the way against the bell housing and the front one up against the power selector and vice versa and I get the same results. I really want to like this scope. Never had an issue like this with any scope.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Like my 4-16x alot. Adjustments are accurate, linear, repeatable.....if not as metal-click loud. I have it mounted in some no-name 30mm rings, cuz I'm cheap. Working fine. That said, the Arken rings are very nice.

Used the LH again last night for pigeon work before we went thermal for rats.

Birds do not like my Arken scopes, no misses.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Send the damn thing back. It is not right and you should not have to put up with it's idiosyncrasies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have at least one of everything they make in mil/Mil,including NV. Pards are good for dozens more and I'm unaware of a single issue and their role is always upon the wares that get flogged the hardest. Their reticles are exceptional,tracking superb,zero retention excellent and they return to zero like they had eyes. Basically everything that my $2000 Reupold MK5 HD isn't. Hint.

Rest assured,if something pukes,it will be more than mentioned in passing. Hint...................

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do the LH's have a zero stop and/or locking turrets? Couldn't find anything on their site.

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no, just capped turrets

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks!

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve tried everything I can think of still to no avail. I sent an email to Arken stating I’d like to send it back. I received this response:

“ I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic”

Last edited by Supertrucker; 03/05/24.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The brand of rings used shouldn’t matter at all, unless yours are defective. I would ask if they would send you a complimentary set of Arken rings to try before you utilize their lifetime warranty and request a replacement scope. They shouldn’t give you the run around.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why didn't they just make a proprietary sized tube, so everyone would have to also use their rings? Seems like they did, somewhat.

That is pathetic customer service if they are suggesting having to buy their rings and saying their scopes may not properly fit other brand rings.

At that point, I'd be bypassing any warranty replacement or repair, and demanding a refund, then moving on to another brand. Sucks to have to put it on the dealer, but if the manufacturer won't cover it, that's the last resort.
The dealer has more power with the company than one customer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KenMi
Why didn't they just make a proprietary sized tube, so everyone would have to also use their rings? Seems like they did, somewhat.

We sure his rings are right first? Others mount em in non Arken rings without issue....

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got the exact same scope mounted in a set of 30 mm Hawke steel rings. no issue. I'm guessing the OP actually has a faulty scope.
it might be worth the effort of finding another set of rings and checking but I would also be curious of using an alignment rod and checking the alignment of the rings just in case.

Last edited by ldholton; 03/05/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’ve tried everything I can think of still to no avail. I sent an email to Arken stating I’d like to send it back. I received this response:

“ I would recommend getting a set of our rings as they will fit more precisely with this optic”

I Don't think rings are your problem.

PM me your address. I'll send you a set of Arken 30mm rings to try. They have been mounted but not shot. They are the same as any other 30mm rings. Try them out. If you still have a problem, (and I think you will), at least you will know.

Then you can send the scope back after being in Arken rings and still having a problem.

Not sure if you are mounting the scope on an AR or a bolt gun. Let me know which rings you need.

Just send them back to me when your done.

John

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jc189

PM me your address. I'll send you a set of Arken 30mm rings to try. They have been mounted but not shot. They are the same as any other 30mm rings. Try them out. If you still have a problem, (and I think you will), at least you will know.

Then you can send the scope back after being in Arken rings and still having a problem.

Not sure if you are mounting the scope on an AR or a bolt gun. Let me know which rings you need.

John

Classy move brother.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jc189

John

I sure appreciate the offer but I already have them on the way from Arken. I used my points I had with them. I’m sure the scope is faulty because I’ve tried 3 set of rings on and off two different bolt rifles.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow. Sounds like a company that refuses to believe their product could be defective.
In the thread about drop testing, ILya. Mentions QC issues at Arken. Possibly this precisely this, one that slipped through.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
A maintube diameter is a pretty major thing if that just slipped through the QC process. They probably source the tubes from a supplier, then assemble the internals.

If the Arken rings do work, that points to an even bigger issue. That would indicate their rings are not even to normal spec.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
OP, you are a victim of a paper thin scope tube. China for the win.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t have anything Arken and because of their statement to the op about buying their rings I never will. That was pathetic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The depths of Dumbfhuqktitude by you Professional Victims,is fhuqking HIALRIOUS! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
There are some great guys on this forum.
nice offer John

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Correction: (19) sets,just ordered two more. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
You'll need them.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly will,as scopes keep showing up in the Mail and their rings are fhuqking exceptional. Hint.

You “get” to set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and read about it,as you “live” vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They always say "(alleged) money can't buy virtue" HINT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon Whining Lying Professional Victims need to “convince” themselves of something…you “lucky” kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend Loud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!……..

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things fhuqking FUNNIER,than someone from Montana musing "Timber",as they steal pics and videos. Hint.

You Brokedick CLUELESS Whining Dumb Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I subscribed to your Youtube channel!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (257wthbylover, 907brass, 32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,670
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.