Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by SBTCO
With the way guv/fuds spend money we don't have, the economic downslide we are going to experience will be severe enough that the cities will keep the feds too busy to have any real national presence in the hinterlands. They'll make laws and go after individuals in flyover country but with the invasion of millions of illegals into most of the metro areas competing with lower middle class/welfare poor, fighting with existing gangs and pushing them out, chicom insurgents doing who knows what, the violence and chaos will be a veritable smorgasbord of fun.

Do the math, there are roughly 450 cities in the US with a pop. of 50k and up (and on the up side, millions in numerous cities) . How many leo and mil. personal would it take to have some semblance of control over a city of 50kthat is falling apart , let alone a city the size of L.A. . There have already been threats of trucker bans entering NYC. as just one example. No way worker bees coming back to the hive when the hive is trying to kill you, which in many instances has already started.

There doesn't have to be a "civil war", its already a mess, and going to get a lot worse before it gets better, but I think the odds are in favor of those outside the urban areas.

IIRC - there's essentially 1 active duty military person for every 3 square miles of the US. There are also a lot of crew served weapons that actually makes the math worse than that. I also saw someone on youtube do the math - if the US had EVERY M1 Abrams it owns in CONUS and they were ALL up and available (never happen) and ready to go - that's 1 Abrams for every 750 square miles of the US. Doesn't even consider getting beans and bullets to them. Our military is essentially built/staffed and designed for small country warfare on other continents and not continental warfare here without allies or protected supply chain/production like we saw in WWII. That's not going to exist in a US Civil War 2.0

Prior to the Civil War, the average American had almost zero interaction with the federal government, very little with state and mostly dealt with local governments. Should the US descend into the big economic mess - I'd expect rural Americans to go back to that basic form of interaction for the most part.

Sure there will be urban exodus - but that's where the .gov will focus their efforts. Some may get out, many won't. Those already in rural America will bug in mostly. Get their supply chain uber local, go back to the things that kept them going in the Depression. Gardens, barter and a small network of community family/friends to keep going.

I believe that the gov will be locking the cities down , keep the population under control but to also try and keep the “rural areas” handicapped by keeping supplies from them to survive, trying to get them to move to the city

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IA_fog
With the way guv/fuds spend money we don't have, the economic downslide we are going to experience will be severe enough that the cities will keep the feds too busy to have any real national presence in the hinterlands. They'll make laws and go after individuals in flyover country but with the invasion of millions of illegals into most of the metro areas competing with lower middle class/welfare poor, fighting with existing gangs and pushing them out, chicom insurgents doing who knows what, the violence and chaos will be a veritable smorgasbord of fun.

Do the math, there are roughly 450 cities in the US with a pop. of 50k and up (and on the up side, millions in numerous cities) . How many leo and mil. personal would it take to have some semblance of control over a city of 50kthat is falling apart , let alone a city the size of L.A. . There have already been threats of trucker bans entering NYC. as just one example. No way worker bees coming back to the hive when the hive is trying to kill you, which in many instances has already started.

There doesn't have to be a "civil war", its already a mess, and going to get a lot worse before it gets better, but I think the odds are in favor of those outside the urban areas.

IIRC - there's essentially 1 active duty military person for every 3 square miles of the US. There are also a lot of crew served weapons that actually makes the math worse than that. I also saw someone on youtube do the math - if the US had EVERY M1 Abrams it owns in CONUS and they were ALL up and available (never happen) and ready to go - that's 1 Abrams for every 750 square miles of the US. Doesn't even consider getting beans and bullets to them. Our military is essentially built/staffed and designed for small country warfare on other continents and not continental warfare here without allies or protected supply chain/production like we saw in WWII. That's not going to exist in a US Civil War 2.0

Prior to the Civil War, the average American had almost zero interaction with the federal government, very little with state and mostly dealt with local governments. Should the US descend into the big economic mess - I'd expect rural Americans to go back to that basic form of interaction for the most part.

Sure there will be urban exodus - but that's where the .gov will focus their efforts. Some may get out, many won't. Those already in rural America will bug in mostly. Get their supply chain uber local, go back to the things that kept them going in the Depression. Gardens, barter and a small network of community family/friends to keep going.

I believe that the gov will be locking the cities down , keep the population under control but to also try and keep the “rural areas” handicapped by keeping supplies from them to survive, trying to get them to move to the city

Many of the supplies tho - food/fuel come FROM the rural areas TO the cities. .Gov will go out and try to secure but they can't let the urban areas go wild and they don't have the capabilities to take and hold that much land and space.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Many of the supplies tho - food/fuel come FROM the rural areas TO the cities. .Gov will go out and try to secure but they can't let the urban areas go wild and they don't have the capabilities to take and hold that much land and space.

Maybe they could just lock down the "Distribution Yards".

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Stophel
the civil war WON'T be urban people against rural people (though this will be used as an igniting spark). The war will be the us Government against rural people. We won't ultimately be facing pink haired fairies and drag queens. We will be facing the eff-b-eye, the aft, revenuers, homeland security, the us army, the us air force, and the Completely Illegal Agency.

And they're going to struggle with the rural people. Bad.

Not for long. If the military goes with the regime, and I don't see how it doesn't, it will be a very short war.

For urbanites - not rurals. Do the math on just how large the US is and what it has at hand to take and occupy 300 million square miles and also remember that those performing the attacks (drone etc) on the US have family IN the US and would be vulnerable to reprisals, along with the entirety of the US military's supply chain - CONUS.

I hope you're right Teal.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Predictions are often prove unpredictable

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the civil war WON'T be urban people against rural people (though this will be used as an igniting spark). The war will be the us Government against rural people. We won't ultimately be facing pink haired fairies and drag queens. We will be facing the eff-b-eye, the aft, revenuers, homeland security, the us army, the us air force, and the Completely Illegal Agency.

Not for long. If the military goes with the regime, and I don't see how it doesn't, it will be a very short war.

For urbanites - not rurals. Do the math on just how large the US is and what it has at hand to take and occupy 300 million square miles and also remember that those performing the attacks (drone etc) on the US have family IN the US and would be vulnerable to reprisals, along with the entirety of the US military's supply chain - CONUS.

I hope you're right Teal.

I'm not saying I'm right - just thinking out loud.

The US hasn't ever had to take and hold ground the size of the US while ALSO having to hold cities the size of NY, LA, Houston, Denver, Chicago, etc. while also fighting a chunk of 3 million GWOT vets in rural areas who are WELL versed in US tactics/doctrine/COINOP etc.

Like I said - we have 1 Abrams for every 750 square miles.

The US military would be stretched far beyond sustainment to take and hold large swaths of rural America.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laughin' here..........Erik says he has a "few" guns.

At least he has a sense of humor; I like him a lot.

MM

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by las
And add to it what foreign entities would bring to the table and their level of involvement.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Look at what is going on in Haiti, the gangs don’t have shoes, but yet have the best weapons money can buy. I wonder who the Santa Claus is there?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have always wondered how large a percentage of US military personnel acting overtly or surreptitiously against orders would it take to render our armed forces ineffective as a whole?

Were it to come to an actual rural vs urban civil war, just how many country boys and girls would be willing to blindingly go along with acting against like folks?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IA_fog

Not having read through the whole thread by the time I got to your post, I would have to contradict something in your statement.

The govt will have a harder time "getting supplies to" the urban areas should the rural folks decide that's the way it should go.

Here in our county of approximately 4 people per sq mile, we have just about every supply needed to survive. I've never counted them, but there appears to be more beeves here than people, plenty of goats and sheeps, more than enough firewood for keeping warm, and decent areas for farming grain and taters as they used to before a lot switched to alfalfa and hay for export to outside the county. Springs and rivers for water. Plenty of places to dig pit toilets without screwing up the land or having open sewers as will happen in the cities.

If by rural areas you are including what I consider suburbs, as in the parts of back east that have a sort of country look, with lots of "estates" and such, yeah folks around the metro areas there will be fugged.

We here in the outback will likely do fine, and go back to doing things the old way. Should we desire to stop sending our hay and alfalfa to the outside, and start growing for ourselves again, the dairies and feed lots that are supplying the urban areas will suffer and folks in the cities will be much worse off than we are here.

And don't forget, we have more firearms per capita than they have over the hill.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by las
And add to it what foreign entities would bring to the table and their level of involvement.

I just don't see a foreign entity wanting to get involved. What's the upside to them to help the admin wipe out Ma and Pa kettle?

Me

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I was thinking just the opposite, outside entities helping the resistance against the establishment

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

I have always wondered how large a percentage of US military personnel acting overtly or surreptitiously against orders would it take to render our armed forces ineffective as a whole?

Were it to come to an actual rural vs urban civil war, just how many country boys and girls would be willing to blindingly go along with acting against like folks?

Thinking that the mil/LE etc. would all act against their friends and family is representative of the CF pundits who have never served. Those organizations represent cross sections of society as it exists today with a slight bent to the conservative side.

To those that have actually served in a public service/mil capacity I pose a simple question, would you act on anti-constitutional orders against fellow Americans?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Erik would make a good POTUS.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Thinking that the mil/LE etc. would all act against their friends and family is representative of the CF pundits who have never served. Those organizations represent cross sections of society as it exists today with a slight bent to the conservative side.

To those that have actually served in a public service/mil capacity I pose a simple question, would you act on anti-constitutional orders against fellow Americans?

mike r

Served 2002-2006, son served 2018-2022. Both of our experiences have shown us that without a DOUBT the .mil and members would without question follow orders to go against Americans. ZERO doubt in my mind. We've started preparing for that inevitability.

They don't see it as un-constitutional, that's just it. See basically every Dem ever for understanding what the Constitution is or isn't - what law or order would or would not be constitutional.

Not all of course. I worked in intel, my son was Army Engineer so those are the communities we were in and talking to.

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Are you saying that you and your son would do so?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Are you saying that you and your son would do so?

mike r

Nope. I am saying that there are enough that would, I'd say 70% of my shop (EASY) and my son figured at least 70% of his too - the idea that it can't/won't happen is completely unrealistic.

If called upon to do so - there are enough in the .mil that they could mount an effective military action against US citizens, particularly in urban areas.

They would not be effective in rural areas for the reasons (I believe) I've said in this thread. USA is simply too large and current .mil is not able to handle continental action on their own.

Difference between "will to" and "executed successfully" but I saw it at the start of GWOT, my son saw it at the end of GWOT - there's enough that would follow that order for it to be a concern. For a lot of people to die where/when they do. Of that I have no doubt. If given the orders - they'll attempt to do it.

To believe otherwise ignores history.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The 'BEST' soldiers would be the ones to refuse illegal orders.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The 'BEST' soldiers would be the ones to refuse illegal orders.
The best soldiers would be educated enough (not necessarily by the schools) to determine a "legal" order vs and "illegal" one.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,182
Posts18,523,788
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.