Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by SupFoo
If you Virginia guys are so proud of your state, why not put it in your profiles? Just the state, no town. Baby step here.......

When was the last time this happened on the grounds of your state capitol, for ANY reason, there in Commirado?

When was the last time YOU participated?

That's what I thought.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
It happened here in New York when our commie gov't. came up with the SAFE act. I was there. Didn't do a damn bit of good. There was no media coverage of it. Instead the news outlets all covered pro gun control rallies that happened the same day and didn't have 1/10 the turnout.

The simple fact is, your NY law makers do not respect you, or your opinion. They know that without a doubt the leftist vote coming out of NYC, Albany, and other metro areas will override anything that comes out of upstate. Virginia is not quite to that point, yet.

They call Virginia a swing state. I don't recall NY ever being known as a swing state in the last 58 years I've been around, and yes, I've resided/worked in upstate NY for a time.
You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. They don't have one bit of respect for the Constitution/our rights either. My warning is that Virginia and many other States are headed in the same direction, as city populations continue to grow and rural decline across the Country.

And that's something Virginians didn't already know.

There's a stark contrast though, between Virginians and NYers.

You'd have to live in both places to know what it is.
I spent a week in Va. with family a few years ago. I also have family in Kentucky that I see nearly every year at our family reunions. These are folks that were born and raised in those States, not ones that immigrated from here. My folks from my mothers side of the family have lived in this area of NY and NEPA for many generations. My great , great, great {not sure how many greats} grandfather on my mothers side was the first settler/founder of a small village near here in 1794. I see little difference. Country folks seem like Country folks to me.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think it will ever change. I have relatives from GA that fought in wars and hunt and own guns that voted Democrat til they died. They believe Republicans are for the rich man and think they are still voting for Woodrow Wilson.

Some of them say,"I vote for the man, not the party". Well, there actually is one time you can do that, in the primaries. In the main election you have one choice, not two. You will hate one of them. So, that leaves you with one choice.

With that being said, In SC in the 2022 primaries, 9 percent of registered Republicans voted in SC! Nine percent. If that's your plan go ahead and bend over.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
Please keep telling West Virginia jokes. The people we don't want here believe them. grin

Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Why are there more unsolved homicides in Wva, than any other state ?

Why did Wva raise the minimum drinking age to 25?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Given the way CO has gone the last decade - you should know about a state with strong hunting tradition rolling over voting for more gun control and weakness.

Teal I’m not arguing with the fact that we keep seeing more restrictions on our gun rights in most states including Colorado. Fortunately we have had quite a few wins for OUR second amendment of late in the courts which is good for all. As the populations grow in the cities and suburbs these younger generations have been brainwashed since they were little kids to go along with the mindset that the constitution doesn’t matter. Then throw in the activist judges and .gov this fight is never going to end and their numbers will continue to outpace ours and the constant attacks will increase in frequency. (IMO) We as a group need to unite in this fight together and educate the younger generations on the importance of the constitution and our god given rights that are not to be infringed upon. Instead one states gun owners trash another states gun owners on the internet creating animosity and division over what each state’s liberal cities are doing to the rest of the state’s population. I’m not singling you out at all just pointing out a very similar thing that I constantly see on the web. Tim

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’d bet he knows more about rolling over for his boyfriend.

OK Badass. You go take on BLM and Antifa next time they are in the streets. Be sure to wave your hunting license at them, sure they will tremble at the sight. Get real you moron.

If you're scared, just say your scared.

Roy

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Given the way CO has gone the last decade - you should know about a state with strong hunting tradition rolling over voting for more gun control and weakness.

Teal I’m not arguing with the fact that we keep seeing more restrictions on our gun rights in most states including Colorado. Fortunately we have had quite a few wins for OUR second amendment of late in the courts which is good for all. As the populations grow in the cities and suburbs these younger generations have been brainwashed since they were little kids to go along with the mindset that the constitution doesn’t matter. Then throw in the activist judges and .gov this fight is never going to end and their numbers will continue to outpace ours and the constant attacks will increase in frequency. (IMO) We as a group need to unite in this fight together and educate the younger generations on the importance of the constitution and our god given rights that are not to be infringed upon. Instead one states gun owners trash another states gun owners on the internet creating animosity and division over what each state’s liberal cities are doing to the rest of the state’s population. I’m not singling you out at all just pointing out a very similar thing that I constantly see on the web. Tim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Mine was more about the town crier throwing rocks and less about CO itself.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know what's more annoying; the guy in the video or steve4102s' obsession with Va. (Please don't move here)
Hailing from one of the most fûcked up states out of the 50, his time would be better directed at home.

Love the thread title..... idiot.

We agree on the annoying/kook issue, but three tours in the Pentagon and your insane state taxes, excessive statist regulations, no worries, I'm not moving there or more importantly, to Washington state either....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Teal as I said I wasn’t singling you out or SuperFoo it’s the message that I see all the time on the web.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
So Stevie is a carpet baggin yanky ?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Don't know what's more annoying; the guy in the video or steve4102s' obsession with Va. (Please don't move here)
Hailing from one of the most fûcked up states out of the 50, his time would be better directed at home.

We agree on the annoying/kook issue, but three tours in the Pentagon and your insane state taxes, excessive statist regulations, no worries, I'm not moving there or more importantly, to Washington state either....

You forgot to mention our a-hole State Troopers Jorge.....

FJB & FJT
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Raeford

You forgot to mention our a-hole State Troopers Jorge.....

Liquor stores seem to be a source of consternation as well.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

OK Badass. You go take on BLM and Antifa next time they are in the streets. Be sure to wave your hunting license at them, sure they will tremble at the sight. Get real you moron.
It’s easier and more pleasant simply to live in an area where those folks are a non-issue.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Says the guy from Washington...

Maybe worry about your home state first?

Always wondered about that since the first I saw this guy pontificate as if he were an expert.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by steve4102

Remember when BLM burned down police buildings in Virginia??

Why would blm need to visit VA considering the le and court system in VA?

https://www.loudounnow.com/news/smi...a57493e-00b2-11ee-8827-b39ddf80af21.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Border Doc
. . "the number of hunters, licensed or landowner, does not reflect the total number of armed Virginians. Tons of gun owners don't hunt anymore, or have never hunted"

You guys and you're hunter stats are a fug'n joke.

Just because some peeps spend a week at the deer shack, shoot some hapless doe that wanders by, doesn't make them Rambo.

I've been listening to the crap for years. Hunters in WI, MI, PA, etc, etc. Fantasy land. They've never done squat. And won't.

You calling someone else a blowhard is just [bleep] darling.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9

It’s easier and more pleasant simply to live in an area where those folks are a non-issue.

Do you keep moving away?
What happens when " it comes to your town" ?

Roy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree for the most part. Country folk are pretty much universally country folk, rural is rural, and none of us mix well with the urbanites. But, if NYers, and other blue states approached self governance the way Virginians do, you wouldn't have the bad gun laws that you already have, or the politicians that flat out laugh in your face as they ignore you. Virginia isn't perfect, and things could infact go sideways at any given moment, but that's the point....NY went irreversibly sideways decades ago, we are still in the fight to keep it from going there.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by NH K9

Do you keep moving away?
What happens when " it comes to your town" ?
One of the benefits of living in small ‘jerkwater’ areas of the Nation (the vast majority of NH…..minus a couple schithole ‘cities’) is that we’re too small for groups like that to worry about.
My Town had BLM ‘gatherings’ for a couple months……which amounted to maybe a dozen folks hanging out near our lit intersection and holding signs. Nobody paid attention and they went away on their own.
I’m sure the dynamics here will change eventually, but my retirement plan (it’s coming quickly) doesn’t include remaining ‘here’.
It’ll take longer to get to the Town I live in……and I’m certain I’ll be gone by then.

Last edited by NH K9; 03/07/24.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Don't forget to come back and visit.

Roy

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,595
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.