Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Pay for the honeymoon?

That's the silliest thing I have ever heard.

My thoughts as well.

I agree. I am almost 71 and NEVER heard about this “tradition”.

I don't mind, they're good for one another and I can - so I am. He didn't ask, I offered once he told me he was getting married.

Good deal Dad. I like this.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I was at a wedding recently in WI and they had Bells two hearted ale on tap and we finished the keg. That's my recommendation.

Spotted cow, New Glarus is a good option but it's sort of sweet. My best man had his family get a keg of it and bring it to his wedding in Utah (yeah, I know, that's illegal). Anyway, after a pitcher of spotted cow it becomes a bit too sweet.
What, a person can't bring their own beer into Utah or out of WI???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We had a sit down dinner at our wedding and I was shocked when the planner told us to plan on 1 bottle of wine per person, in addition to cocktails and beer. She wasn't far off.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bells - good idea. Hadn't thought of that.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Teal…. I don’t have anything to add about alcohol but I do want to congratulate you and your son and future daughter in law! I wish them all the happiness, friendship and love that a good marriage delivers!

A honeymoon for them is a damn fine wedding gift. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I was at a wedding recently in WI and they had Bells two hearted ale on tap and we finished the keg. That's my recommendation.

Spotted cow, New Glarus is a good option but it's sort of sweet. My best man had his family get a keg of it and bring it to his wedding in Utah (yeah, I know, that's illegal). Anyway, after a pitcher of spotted cow it becomes a bit too sweet.

I hear the troopers like to run down people making runs back from Colorado with trunks full of booze. Is that true?

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Teal…. I don’t have anything to add about alcohol but I do want to congratulate you and your son and future daughter in law! I wish them all the happiness, friendship and love that a good marriage delivers!

A honeymoon for them is a damn fine wedding gift. 👍🏼

I appreciate that. He's a great kid, she's good for him.

Actually just shared this sentiment with others today -

I've known my son his whole life. I know what schools he's attended and many if not most of his life experiences.

Every day I am astounded at how intelligent, thoughtful and discerning he is. How much, over the past 3 years he's focused upon learning and applying new thoughts to his understanding.

I sit here the father of a 24 year old about to get married and I'm in awe of the man he is. Just in awe.

The old saying "the older I get, the smarter my dad gets" is very true but I've learned so much from him too.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Where are they going for the honeymoon? I might’ve missed it in the previous posts which isn’t uncommon for me. 😀

Our wedding 27 years ago consisted of my mom and dad, my wife’s mom and dad and the pastor. We stayed at a beautiful cottage on the water and had our ceremony on the beach. We weren’t going to ask our parents to pay and we didn’t want a big expensive affair since we were just beginning our life together….plus we were closing on our first home on Lake Chelan 3 days later.

I have a big (loving) family and my wife has a medium sized loving family and knew that the wedding size and costs would grow out of control with spouses, friends and relatives who we would have to invite, if we invited 1 we’d have to invite all. A couple weeks later we held a small party at my parents home and invited all our family and friends.

My wife made her wedding dress and I paid a coworker who was just beginning his photography business. Looking back at it we still wouldn’t change a thing even if we could.

A picture of a picture 27 years ago before digital cameras…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you are close to WI, Spotted Cow would be my choice. Great beer.

Oops, sorry, didn't see your earlier comment on Spotted Cow.

Last edited by duckster; 03/07/24.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Where are they going for the honeymoon? I might’ve missed it in the previous posts which isn’t uncommon for me. 😀

Our wedding 27 years ago consisted of my mom and dad, my wife’s mom and dad and the pastor. We stayed at a beautiful cottage on the water and had our ceremony on the beach. We weren’t going to ask our parents to pay and we didn’t want a big expensive affair since we were just beginning our life together….plus we were closing on our first home on Lake Chelan 3 days later.

I have a big (loving) family and my wife has a medium sized loving family and knew that the wedding size and costs would grow out of control with spouses, friends and relatives who we would have to invite, if we invited 1 we’d have to invite all. A couple weeks later we held a small party at my parents home and invited all our family and friends.

My wife made her wedding dress and I paid a coworker who was just beginning his photography business. Looking back at it we still wouldn’t change a thing even if we could.

A picture of a picture 27 years ago before digital cameras…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sending them on an Alaskan Cruise.

Me

IC B3

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duckster
If you are close to WI, Spotted Cow would be my choice. Great beer.

Great beer as is all of New Glarus's. Dan is an AMAZING brewer but his wife, who actually owns the brewery is farther to the left than Hillary Clinton and AOC combined. She donated more money to BHO than the CEO of Apple did back in the day. I will not, under no circumstances, give them money. Son feels the same way.

No Spotted Cow at this wedding.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I hear the troopers like to run down people making runs back from Colorado with trunks full of booze. Is that true?

Can they prove it's for sale and not for personal use?

Perhaps UT is one of those states with a State Liquor Store setup? Can't be eating into the State's profit now, can we.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It sounds like you as his dad have given him a great example to live up to and that is something that no amount of money can buy. Love and respect for others but especially respect for the closest people in one’s life are invaluable whether you’re 10 years old or 100 years old. Being a husband and father are the greatest privileges I’ll ever have and I’ve not for 1 second regretted either!

As a parent our job is never finished, even when they have their own families, it just changes as to the role we play in their lives. I know that I’m not telling you anything that you don’t know already because you’ve obviously done it right!

ETA….An Alaska cruise sounds like a great honeymoon! 👍🏼

Last edited by AcesNeights; 03/07/24.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
100 gallons seems like a bunch for 200 people.

Not in WI or northern MN it ain't.

Any leftovers will be lapped up the next day or in the coming week, for sure.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
100 gallons seems like a bunch for 200 people.

Not in WI or northern MN it ain't.

Any leftovers will be lapped up the next day or in the coming week, for sure.

1/2 gallon per person is only 4 pints. That's like 1 an hour which in our area, pace is probably closer to 2.5 an hour.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Figure about 120 pints a keg.

I’d go with something similar to what you proffered.
3 or 4 kegs of American lager. Lite or whatever.

I’d do one lighter fest style beer, an helles or similar, and a keg of ipa.

Some places will provide cups when you buy kegs. If not, sleeves of 16oz plastic is pretty cheap.

Make sure you have power to run the trailer. Make sure you have a gas bottle and a spare. 2 5#’s should do it.

Check the equipment in the trailer. Rental schit gets abused and it sucks to find out you have broken or leaking equipment when it’s time to pour.

If you get a European beer for some reason, they often take different couplers.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few 5 gallon buckets for tray drains and foam buckets.

Make sure the beer stays cold. Biggest reason beer pours schitty at the tap is if it starts to warm.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’d get some metal troffs fill them with ice and kegs make it festive 😉

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Congratulations to your son and his bride to be. And to you, proud father. I remember you being a good father over the years when you would mention life's ups and downs occasionally on here. Hope the wedding goes well and no weather or something interferes.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Some places will provide cups when you buy kegs. If not, sleeves of 16oz plastic is pretty cheap.

I dispute this. I bought a 100 off brand red solo cups the other day, just ran into dollar store, grabbed em and ran to cash register. It was almost $17. I stopped for a second amd almost vomited.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1badf350, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,059
Posts18,501,193
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.