E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by farmer
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Reloder28
There are places I would like to see outside of Texas. There are majestic sites outside of Texas. There are greater hunting opportunities outside of Texas. Texas has seen its share of armed conflicts.

But, Texas is not to be messed with & there is no place I’d rather be than Texas.

My favorite part of TX was the part everyone else said sucked. San Angelo area. Little to no people. Perfect. WAY better than San Antonio.
I am 76 and have lived in the San Angelo area all 76. Farm 12 miles east of town.

Yep I was born just east of town on the middle concho river.

Last edited by Elkhunter49; 03/10/24.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have lived in Texas for 12 years. I liked it down there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by slumlord
Any fine frends on here from that graet state?

No... but some demented retards from Iowa.
Hey !! You gotta be proud of who you are. Jealous ??

kwg

Actually, I did 13 months in San Antonio and 7 months at Ft. Hood for Desert Shield/Storm. I really like Texas. The country folks are among the best. I would love to move to Texas but the wife just isn't going to leave the grand kids. I guess I can't blame her.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 03/10/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Tminc
Slummy,i was born in Tennessee,but I've lived in Tejas all my life.Just west of our buddy Kaywoodie.

T's for Texas;
T's for Tennessee;
T's for Thelma, the gal that made a wreck out of me.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yeah. Born here and lived around here all my life. Austin was stupid in the 70's. The college has always been uber liberal. The Hill Country is beautiful even if the deer are smallish. It's a scary place when It ices up around there because few people know how to drive in ice and the hills make it harder even if you do know. Texas is a huge place and driving across the state takes a long time. The topography is very different in different regions of Texas. Actually went to high school in Crosbyton not far from Idalou. Idalou is where Johnny Horton is from. He died in a car wreck there.
I've been to some of the other states and I don't see people as being much different. Democrats are still democrats and nuts are still nuts but all the states I've been to have some fine people. never been to Delaware or Vermont but I'm sure there must be at least someone from there that isn't a maniac.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by slumlord
Any fine frends on here from that graet state?

No... but some demented retards from Iowa.
Hey !! You gotta be proud of who you are. Jealous ??

kwg

Actually, I did 13 months in San Antonio and 7 months at Ft. Hood for Desert Shield/Storm. I really like Texas. The country folks are among the best. I would love to move to Texas but the wife just isn't going to leave the grand kids. I guess I can't blame her.

kwg

Granddaughters are the exact reason I'm in Louisiana.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Boca Chica, Texas

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I spent my first 24 years in Alabama. I came to Texas as an economic refugee in 1979, always figuring to return "home" one day. I have now retired and realized that most all of my childhood/young adult family/friends are now either dead, moved on, or have grown in different directions. While some places there are still the same, many are not. It is just not the same place as I knew it. This is some improvement and others, not so much. Where I am at now is getting increasingly crowded and I would like to relocate to a rural area, I just cannot quite see myself leaving Texas. As has been mentioned, it is indeed a big place, being 880 miles across I-10 from Louisiana to New Mexico. I have been told it is actually a little bit farther from the southern tip at Mexico to the Oklahoma panhandle. All with dramatic variations in geography. With all the distinct variations in geography and lifestyles, one would think there would not be much cohesiveness in the population, but it is. Yeah, with a place this big, we have our problem areas, such as Austin - our version of San Francisco - but the somewhat civilized and sane areas far outnumber the wierdness. Not that there are not other fine places in other locales, but there is plenty of Texas that is just fine by me.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TimZ
I have a bad case of illegal migrant panhandler fatigue………
Transplants from California?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lslite
Was a great place to live until all the damn yankees and foreigners showed up.
Ain't that the truth...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My sig line says all you need to know.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 3,819 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,700
Posts18,534,642
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.