Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
gunners thread on his new Nighthawk pistol led me to do a little research and then I found some stuff that I have some questions for those that might know.
it would appear that Nighthawk in Wilson combat are made in the same place in Berryville Arkansas.
is this a place that just takes some basic 1911s and customizes them? do they produce their own frames? can somebody shed some light on this?

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
https://www.guns.com/news/wilson-combat-vs-nighthawk-custom
I've been on the Google search ever since I made the first post found lots of good information answered most of my questions above us a link to a very good write-up..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same town.

Not same place.
I'm thinking the Nighthawk guy was a Wilson employee?

Kinda like how Les Baer worked for Springfield,
along with the Larson brothers.

The Larsons threw in with Les, then separated and started Rock River.
Which was big into 1911s (in a small outfit) before ARs exploded.

All 3 in the same area, linked, but seperate.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
yes the link article about says that it was a certain gentleman that worked for Wilson then split off and started the Nighthawk company.

not same building but same town still..

must be something about Berryville Arkansas.
the bad boyz mowers someone from them split off and started Spartan mowers and there's a certain site beside they make and I can't recall the name of it at the moment.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Lady working at our office has a grandson at Nighthawk who’s a gunsmith, assembling their 1911’s. He loves his job, evidently a great company to work for.

She says they pronounce Berryville, sorta like “buryvul”…

Ya gotta slur it together for full effect. Takes some practice.

DF

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Lady working at our office has a grandson at Nighthawk who’s a gunsmith, assembling their 1911’s. He loves his job, evidently a great company to work for.

DF
😁 I probably pronounce Berryville the proper way then it's less than an hour from home or about an hour from home.. we are definitely in a redneck region of the Arkansas Missouri area

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ldholton

DF
😁 I probably pronounce Berryville the proper way then it's less than an hour from home or about an hour from home.. we are definitely in a redneck region of the Arkansas Missouri area
Ha!

How ya sort out Hillbillies from Rednecks….

DF

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

DF
Ha!

DF
acreage

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
yes the link article about says that it was a certain gentleman that worked for Wilson then split off and started the Nighthawk company.

the bad boyz mowers someone from them split off and started Spartan mowers and there's a certain site beside they make and I can't recall the name of it at the moment.

That’s my understanding, too.
Both build super nice 1911’s, but their pricing has gone off the charts!

For the best bang for the $$$$$, though, I still don’t think you can beat a Les Baer Custom 1911 for reliability and accuracy, even though they might not be as nicely finished or fancy.
I also owned of the earlier Les Baer AR’s. It’s one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever owned, bar none.

It would consistently put the first 4 rounds in one ragged hole at 100 yards, than I’d usually mess up and “pull” the 5th shot. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/09/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

DF
Ha!

DF
acreage

LOL !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

For the best bang for the $$$$$, though, I still don’t think you can beat a Les Baer Custom 1911 for reliability and accuracy, even though they might not be as nicely finished or fancy.
I also owned of the earlier Les Baer AR’s. It’s one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever owned, bar none.

It would consistently put the first 4 rounds in one ragged hole at 100 yards, than I’d usually mess up and “pull” the 5th shot. 😬
Agree on Les Baer. They make super accurate pistols. Seems to me Nighthawk and Wilson put more finish into their guns, thus they’re more expensive. Les makes them as accurate, in fact don’t think you’ll beat Baer for accuracy.

Nighthawk is a Wilson spin off company. Mark Stone seems the main one. They bought Cooper after Bill Wilson bought NULA. He also bought Lehigh bullet co, moved it from Utah to his East Texas ranch.

Interesting bunch. Looks like they’re both succeeding.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I like my Les Baer long slide .45. I thought my Gold Cup was accurate until I traded for this thing. It shoots like a rifle.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Agree on Les Baer. They make super accurate pistols. Seems to me Nighthawk and Wilson put more finish into their guns, thus they’re more expensive. Les makes them as accurate, in fact don’t think you’ll beat Baer for accuracy.

Nighthawk is a Wilson spin off company. Mark Stone seems the main one. They bought Cooper after Bill Wilson bought NULA. He also bought Lehigh bullet co, moved it from Utah to his East Texas ranch.

Interesting bunch. Looks like they’re both succeeding.

DF

Agreed !

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I like my Les Baer long slide .45. I thought my Gold Cup was accurate until I traded for this thing. It shoots like a rifle.

DF

Nice! I’ve always wanted one of his Long Slide 10mm’s.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

Nice! I’ve always wanted one of his Long Slide 10mm’s.
Yeah a 10 would be better. But this one is pretty cool.

DF

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
oh hell let's start the big fight which one's the most accurate of the expensive 1911s..
I'll be straight up with you I've got a bull armory that I'm absolutely impressed as hell with. doesn't cost near the money these others do and cost quite a bit less than Dan Wesson does and as smoked and lesson every time and they'll like category...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
oh hell let's start the big fight which one's the most accurate of the expensive 1911s..
I'll be straight up with you I've got a bull armory that I'm absolutely impressed as hell with. doesn't cost near the money these others do and cost quite a bit less than Dan Wesson does and as smoked and lesson every time and they'll like category...

You forgot about the Tisa’s from Turkey. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

You forgot about the Tisa’s from Turkey. 😜
now I've got one of them too and it works just fine.

and the bull armory is from Israel they seem to really like to fight over there.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, them Israelis do know to fight, pretty good at it.

And they make some good guns.

DF

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nighthawk would get my vote.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.