Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Originally Posted By: Seven_Heaven
however, it was shot using "match king" bullets and a 36 power scope. Not exactlly what most would take hunting.

your right not what most would take hunting. It is IMO a vissual reassurance that you are buying a shooter. Put a 3-9 on it an find a huntin bullet it likes an it will still be a shooter, might not be as tight as the test target but will most likely be close IMO

You're right. Mine has a single hole group about .020 IIRC when I miked it.

Change bullets, scopes, etc. and it's still going to satisfy their .5" guarantee, and probably beat it by a fair amount.

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
HR IC

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Soooo, does anyone have a pict of their Jackson Hunter with a synthetic handle?

Here's a couple pics. Sorry about the quality.

[Linked Image]

Stock is textured black with deep red webbing.
[Linked Image]

Typical Cooper test target.
[Linked Image]

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WA-
Quality is fine on that pict. (and thank you!)
I'm a wee confused by Cooper's website.
(I'm VERY easily confused BTW)
Do they make a classic stock configuration for the Jackson hunter or do all synthetic configurations have the rollover cheek and wider forearm?

Oh yeah, and, Dave - did I mention, buy the Cooper?!! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
whellenAway.

Is that the pheonix?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kind of look at it this way. My guns are used for hunting and calling. The Tikka is a repeater and the Cooper repeater comes in no Varmint calibers yet. The Tikka will shoot better than MOA that is all you need for most hunting. I can buy two Tikkas for the cost of one Cooper. Yep I'll take the two fer.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/10/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Do they make a classic stock configuration for the Jackson hunter or do all synthetic configurations have the rollover cheek and wider forearm?

It's the Jackson Hunter configuration, and that is the only synthetic stock style available. If you want a Classic style stock you're just stuck with (usually extremely nice) wood.

_

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

I kind of look at it this way. My guns are used for hunting and calling. The Tikka is a repeater and the Cooper repeater comes in no Varmint calibers yet. The Tikka will shoot better than MOA that is all you need for most hunting. I can buy two Tikkas for the cost of one Cooper. Yep I'll take the two fer.

Some people consider the 25-06 a good varmint caliber. Just not PD gun.

Another correction: You can buy three Tikkas.

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

Another correction: You can buy three Tikkas.

but why grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Never understood that line of thinking either.

When I am hunting the second and third rifle just seem to get in my way, and bang into stuff. grin

Give me one good one anytime.

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

If you don't know what else really matters, stick with the Tikka.

It's the perfect rifle for you.

This has to be the best response I have ever seen on this forum.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
You all are a bad influence! I stopped in at a local shop when I was out for lunch earlier today. They have a bunch of Cooper's in stock. No model 52's though. They had a couple recently, but of course both are long gone. I did fondle a model 22 though. Very nice! Heavy though, like many of you have mentioned. I asked about ordering a model 52. I was told that it can certainly be done for me, but it would be an estimated 6 - 8 month wait right now before I would actually get it. I haven't ordered one, yet.

SKane - they had one of them Jackson Hunters on the shelf. I didn't fondle it, but did glance at it for a bit. It looked nice enough. I wasn't that interested in it though since I recently picked up a Kimber Montana a few months back, and now I have a hankering for some fine wood and bluing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Never understood that line of thinking either.

When I am hunting the second and third rifle just seem to get in my way, and bang into stuff. grin

Give me one good one anytime.

_

got friends that think that way. they figure more in quanity not quality

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kind of love those Cooper test targs, anyone know what range they're shot at...? grins

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's way sort of a 100 yards isn't it Dober?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah about half ways to 100 if I recall right... cool

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's the Jackson Hunter configuration, and that is the only synthetic stock style available. If you want a Classic style stock you're just stuck with (usually extremely nice) wood.

Thanks WA.
Note to Cooper - sale pending configuring the long actions in a classic style synthetic.

Yep, the wood and blue on those is superb but I wanna hunt with it. Putting a nice dent in Claro would make that day's hunt just a little less enjoyable for me..... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 22-250 test target was the typical one hole. Course my then 12 year old shot a .12 3 shot group at 100 yards with it. The indoor range at Cooper is around 46 yards if I remember right. I have never seen one not surpass the .5" guarantee.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Yep, the wood and blue on those is superb but I wanna hunt with it. Putting a nice dent in Claro would make that day's hunt just a little less enjoyable for me.....

I know what you're saying, but I have a mix of nice wood and synthetic, though I am really a wood-stock lover.

One way to look at it is that the wood-stocked rifle may be pretty ugly after 20 years, but the synthetic stocked one is ugly from day one.

If you can keep that in mind it may be easier to overlook a ding or two.

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dshoe
Damn! I'm currently salivating pretty bad over here, too. I had to just checkout the Cooper website again (I've been on there before, also). So, when considering the model 52, what's the difference between the Classic version and the Jackson Game version? They are stated to only be $100 in difference of price. Anyone have any pics of the Jackson? Cooper's website is not very generous as far as pics are concerned. Thanks...

They are both wood stocks though I think they are a different style. My understanding is the big difference between the JG and Classic is the JG is Stainless and the classic is blued. I think the Classic is a straight comb and the JG is a rollover.

I have a Jackson Hunter being built in .280 AI right now by them. Can't wait to get it.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

I have a Jackson Hunter being built in .280 AI right now by them. Can't wait to get it.

You're going to love your Jackson Hunter. I bought two of them right away (.270 and 30-06). My thought was that they were so nice that the price was sure to increase. I sold the one of them (unfired) when I found out they were going to chamber the 35 Whelen.

As far as the wood stocked Classic vs. the Jackson Game, the rollover on the Jackson Game is the most noticeable difference, but the Jackson Game also has a wider forearm with finger grooves and no checkering. The Classic is a straight comb classic style stock with checkering fore and aft.

I was hoping to buy one of the gorgeous Custom Classics, but I am just not crazy about the high polish blue. Otherwise, it is outstanding, and reasonably priced for what it is.

Of course, maybe they would do one in matte? grin

_

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 59 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.