Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 72 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 71 72
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Heym06
Boomers rule, look at all the butt hurt from the next generations. The rest need to move on from their own desperation! It's not a boomers job to do it for them! How I see it!

But please please please keep sending those checks right?
So serious question, I started working at 14 years old for $1.65 an hour and retired after 50 years of hard work and a somewhat worn down body. I didn't choose to pay into Social Security they just automatically started taking it and during my last 20 I was paying into a 401k. Now I collect a retirement check. If I had to guess I would say the majority of boomers did the same. So what is your problem?

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dons99
Boomers rule, look at all the butt hurt from the next generations. The rest need to move on from their own desperation! It's not a boomers job to do it for them! How I see it!

So serious question, I started working at 14 years old for $1.65 an hour and retired after 50 years of hard work and a somewhat worn down body. I didn't choose to pay into Social Security they just automatically started taking it and during my last 20 I was paying into a 401k. Now I collect a retirement check. If I had to guess I would say the majority of boomers did the same. So what is your problem?

You get way more than you paid.

So shut up.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So shut up.

horseshit..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well it's just not so....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Salmonella
We would have lost WW2 if the basement dwelling losers of today had to be deployed then.
I believe that with every fiber of my being.

May agree with that, but answer this; who raised the "losers"?

Well, that is certainly a valid point, Boomers did raise a bunch of losers...

And the losers raised the millennials ?

Reading comprehension failure alert...you must not be a Boomer
I tried to have a similar conversation with him yesterday, I thought he was feigning to not understand but he really is DTS

Last edited by Dons99; 03/15/24.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We would have lost WW2 if the basement dwelling losers of today had to be deployed then.

Guess I need help then. The millennials didn't have parents? Who raised them?

Each generation is a reflection ( product) of the previous one, no?
Is the current generation not responsible for raising,educating the next.?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

So shut up.
First of all I didn't make the rules and second of all they have had my money for up to 50 years, that's plenty of time for their investments to cover my retirement checks. Not to mention what about the poor bastards that paid in and died before they could start collecting or shortly there after.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

Just a victim of the system.....

Would you boomers give back some or all of your entitlements to help save the country?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

So shut up.
First of all I didn't make the rules and second of all they have had my money for up to 50 years, that's plenty of time for their investments to cover my retirement checks. Not to mention what about the poor bastards that paid in and died before they could start collecting or shortly there after.
What about us poor bastards that are paying in and won't see a cent no matter how long we live?

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Guess I need help then. The millennials didn't have parents? Who raised them?

Each generation is a reflection ( product) of the previous one, no?
Is the current generation not responsible for raising,educating the next.?
So if what you say is true then I'll ask you again like I did yesterday. If the boomers are a generation of loosers and takers then who is responsible for bringing them up with those values?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Hahahaha!

Would you boomers give back some or all of your entitlements to help save the country?
Hey dumb fuque, I give more time and money to charities in a month then you will in your whole worthless life. Just a clueless jealous dumb azz.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RUM7

So shut up.
What about us poor bastards that are paying in and won't see a cent no matter how long we live?

I speak a little boomer....let me try to respond.

Too bad so sad Millenial!

Keep sending those checks you lazy scum! I am entitled to half your paycheck!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

Hey dumb fuque, I give more time and money to charities in a month then you will in your whole worthless life. Just a clueless jealous dumb azz.

So put you firmly in the NO, I will keep my entitlements and continue to bitch about those paying for them camp?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

So shut up.
Then your problem is with the government... not sure how much you guys think a Social Security check is but after paying into it for 30 years mine is about $900 a month. My 89 year old mom who passed away 3 years ago was living on a $650 ss check.

Last edited by Dons99; 03/15/24.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

So shut up.
^^This^^

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So if what you say is true then I'll ask you again like I did yesterday. If the boomers are a generation of loosers and takers then who is responsible for bringing them up with those values?

And I'll ask you again, show me where I said that.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hold on let me get my reading glasses...

Can't see with these durned bifocals...

Broomes! Yeah somebody needs to clean this place up for sure!

Look at all that filth down in the basement!!
What is this campfire going to?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
A ridiculously low retirement age and constant increases in the payout.

I suspect the govt forced that on us?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is a serious flaw in your argument. They have not had your money for 50 years. That money was paid out to the previous generation (your parents). The money wasn't invested for the most part, it was paid out as per the original plan where each succeeding generation pays the elderly.

The biggest flaws in the system was that it didn't take into account the big jump in life expectancy, or the fact that the boomers (that's me) would not have near enough children to keep the system going. Another huge issue is that almost all municipal, county, and state employees are not paying in, nor are the railroad employees. And when a persons income goes over a certain level the rest is not subject to a SS tax.

And I personally know millionaires that collect maximum payments. There is no means test.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
There is a serious flaw in your argument. They have not had your money for 50 years. That money was paid out to the previous generation (your parents). The money wasn't invested for the most part, it was paid out as per the original plan where each succeeding generation pays the elderly.

The biggest flaws in the system was that it didn't take into account the big jump in life expectancy, or the fact that the boomers (that's me) would not have near enough children to keep the system going. Another huge issue is that almost all municipal, county, and state employees are not paying in, nor are the railroad employees. And when a persons income goes over a certain level the rest is not subject to a SS tax.

And I personally know millionaires that collect maximum payments. There is no means test.

That's what the article I read talked about.

I am MAGA.
Page 20 of 72 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,544
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.