Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 338reddog
Who is doing her hip/knee?
I just had a knee replaced on Wednesday.
I haveing a rough go
Here's the best hint I can give, based on my experience and some other folks I know. .................

Push yourself as hard as you can doing the PT as recommended and then push just a bit more. If you need to, and are one that's not reacting too badly to them, take a pain pill 20 minutes or so before your PT session. If not a pain pill you might want to consider a tylenol at least.

Or, do like a couple of folks I know..................don't do the PT as recommended and end up having to back in to the hospital, put under again, and have the surgeon manipulate your knee to break up scar tissue. Those folks told me that was worse than the surgery.

I wish you the best of luck, as I'm pretty sure I'd not have hunted elk 6 months after my surgery, or deer in AZ last year, if I had kept going on the knee the way it was before surgery.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1minute, here's wishing Cookie the best outcome.

And that she learns to enjoy your meat and taters.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Troops:

Thanks for the power plant info and well wishes. I'll get out our leathers and whips and start herding her around ASAP. The "get with the PT" seems to be universal advice.

Thanks again,

1Minute
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Had my L knee replaced in '19, now the R in mid January. Just like what's been said, follow through with PT, push yourself, even do the the exercises multiple times per day.
Try to sleep whenever you can, wherever you can. If possible, have an exercise bike, great for getting mobility and strength. Good luck to the Mrs. Hang in there 338, it can be hard, but we'll worth it in long run.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hope it goes well, as I'm not the best caregiver. Seems she gets tired of my repetitive meat and potatoes diet.

.[/quote]
Better up your A game 1 minute. The meds prescribed for painkillers oxy condone, tramadol and extra strength Tylenol are rough on your digestion but 1 still needs to eat and cycle it through. Her favorite fruit, breakfast foods and salads with soup she likes will serve her better. They digest easier than heavier meat and taters meals and won't leave her near as constipated. Plenty of fluids easy to get dehydrated. I just went in on 2/12 and was out 2 /13 with a total right knee replacement as 338 reddog said it can be a rough go. You would think after them sawing off the ends if your upper and lower leg bones off you would hurt some but the pain mostly comes from the soft connective tissues muscles ,tendons & ligaments they have to displace a bit to install the new knee. Swelling is very pain ful behind the knee above it and below it for sometime.ice packs rule. She will notice immediately being able to actually put weight on her knee do the pt as instructed. The constant pain wears on you and tires you out let her sleep all she needs. You didn't ask but I hate to see someone as talented as your cookie down for long and hurting. Best of luck..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As others have said, you kind of need to beat yourself up in PT. My PT was a little guy, 5'5" maybe 140 but he made my palms sweat when he came to stretch me out. The first couple of weeks are rough but my doc said once the glue set, about a half hour, the joint was a strong as it needs to be and I could climb stairs that day. I thought he was nuts.
Best of luck to Cookie, her photography is awesome.

Last edited by smarquez; 03/17/24.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,996
Posts18,499,975
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.