Campfire Savant
I like pulled pork!

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
LSU! Geaux Tigers

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Eight women have dunked in an NCAA women’s basketball game.
In the entire history of women’s basketball.
Eight.
A decent high school boy’s team would destroy the WNBA champion. (Not so sure about this destroy point ! cccc)
I’ll watch women’s basketball if there’s nothing else on, but only if it’s March Madness elite 8 or fewer.
P
Yes, we all have preferences, and it is easy to understand the above. But then "dunking" is a very low percentage aspect of the game - just one of those "wow" points. I tend to prefer well designed vigorous defense, smart play plans and the finesse/team effort that makes them work, etc. more than the muscle game.

Yes - a very good young men's team will win against the very best women's teams almost always. But, then, that's why we segregate the contests in the first place. It is for sporting reasons. Otherwise, what's the point?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And they use a smaller ball.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CCCC
Eight.
A decent high school boy’s team would destroy the WNBA champion. (Not so sure about this destroy point ! cccc)
I’ll watch women’s basketball if there’s nothing else on, but only if it’s March Madness elite 8 or fewer.
P
Yes, we all have preferences, and it is easy to understand the above. But then "dunking" is a very low percentage aspect of the game - just one of those "wow" points. I tend to prefer well designed vigorous defense, smart play plans and the finesse/team effort that makes them work, etc. more than the muscle game.

Yes - a very good young men's team will win against the very best women's teams almost always. But, then, that's why we segregate the contests in the first place. It is for sporting reasons. Otherwise, what's the point?

A decent boy’s team, not even very good.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
South Carolina
Tennessee
LSU
Iowa

There's some good teams

USC, UCLA and Stanford are very good as well.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I will root for Iowa as well.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Eight.

A decent high school boy’s team would destroy the WNBA champion.

P
They don't need to dunk a ball when they can score a triple from 30+ feet.... Geez... You've obviously not watched their games recently - or maybe at least the last ten years.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Eight.
P

I don't think you'd wanna bet any c-notes on that estimate, my friend...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SKane
Caitlin Clark is the sole reason to even care about the women's tourney.

Yes, Iowa.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck

Eight.

P
They don't need to dunk a ball when they can score a triple from 30+ feet.... Geez... You've obviously not watched their games recently - or maybe at least the last ten years.. smile

Same applies to Mens - yet the dunk is there, because men are physical enough to establish an inside aspect to the game.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Eight.
P

Serena Williams and her sister - two PEAK and DOMINANT females in tennis - lost to the 203th ranked Male. Back to Back.

The disparity, once on the court is MASSIVE between men and women. We're talking about the "Michael Jordan" of womens sports losing in a pick up game on the playground level of disparity here. A women's basketball team would get SMOKED bad.

Hell a pro female soccer team in the UK got smoked 12-0 by a bunch of retired men d-leaguers.

The average height in women's college basketball is 5'6" - in the 90's my HS team started no one shorter than 6'0"

Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Eight.
P

All day.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Back when, Abe Saperstein thought the basket should be raised.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Women’s basketball is actually better than Men’s ball these days in lots of ways if you know ball. Women tend to be more fundamentally sound and it is actual basketball. Men’s ball these days is a lot of ISO ball and is lacking in fundamentals.

Of course, it varies a lot, but a lot of boys high school ball is practically unwatchable these days.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Eight.

P

The Texas class 6A boys champion would mop the floor with any women's college basketball team, period.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Eight.
I’ll watch women’s basketball if there’s nothing else on, but only if it’s March Madness elite 8 or fewer

P

The Texas class 6A boys champion would mop the floor with any women's college basketball team, period.
Claims like this are somewhat fascinating and it would be nice to know the actual truth of the matter. A cited incident or anecdote here can be interesting, but what might the actual fact be? Even as a somewhat experienced observer of the game I have no way to discern that and don't make claims, and can't figure how it ever would be truly tested.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Caitlen Clark would be a defensive liability on a man’s team, but as a spot up shooter coming off screens she could contribute. Her handles and her shot are amazing. She is so much fun to watch.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/18/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Eight.
P

Serena Williams and her sister - two PEAK and DOMINANT females in tennis - lost to the 203th ranked Male. Back to Back.

The disparity, once on the court is MASSIVE between men and women. We're talking about the "Michael Jordan" of womens sports losing in a pick up game on the playground level of disparity here. A women's basketball team would get SMOKED bad.

Hell a pro female soccer team in the UK got smoked 12-0 by a bunch of retired men d-leaguers.

The average height in women's college basketball is 5'6" - in the 90's my HS team started no one shorter than 6'0"

The USA women's soccer team was beaten by a Dallas under 15 boys team.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/#:~:text=In%20preparation%20for%20two%20upcoming,Thursday%20night%20in%20a%20friendly.

Radio talk show host Clay Travis bet 1 million bucks that the WNBA champs couldn't beat the high school boys team of his choosing. They didn't take the bet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Eight.
I’ll watch women’s basketball if there’s nothing else on, but only if it’s March Madness elite 8 or fewer

P

Claims like this are somewhat fascinating and it would be nice to know the actual truth of the matter. A cited incident or anecdote here can be interesting, but what might the actual fact be? Even as a somewhat experienced observer of the game I have no way to discern that and don't make claims, and can't figure how it ever would be truly tested.

Since a game like this will never happen, I can't prove it either, but I'd bet lots of money the girls would get the ever-lovin' crap beat out of them. It wouldn't be remotely close.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 358WCF, 308xray, 16 invisible), 15,125 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,974
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.