Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just checked Midwayusa and you can get H4350(8lbs) delivered to your front for $54/per pound.

I rarely buy ammo from Midway but evidentially that is not a bad price on powder.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Just checked Midwayusa and you can get H4350(8lbs) delivered to your front for $54/per pound.

I rarely buy ammo from Midway but evidentially that is not a bad price on powder.
S/h included ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep....

Order

Product Total$394.21

Est. Shipping$15.50

Hazmat Charge$22.99

Tax

Calculated in Checkout

Total$433.00

433/8=54.125

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Hell that ain’t bad

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's a deal...
(but I don't need another fricken 9 em em!)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026689057?pid=819240

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by JMR40
Was in Cabela's this morning and it was $64.99. I guess I should have bought a pound.

$65 @ Cabela's
$75 @ SW

Who's screwing who ?

We're all getting screwed.

Thank you Hodgdon.
because that was the old price that everybody said was too high to pay so they weren't going to buy it...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Here's a deal...
(but I don't need another fricken 9 em em!)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026689057?pid=819240
good friend of mine that has lots of weapons and pistolios that is his preferred carry weapon..

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have the full size VP9 and it fits like a glove.
(hijack over)

When I started reloading(less than 20 years ago), powder was $20/lb...

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/18/24.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hodgdon has rip-off down to a science.

Damn them! So they're the ones printing digital dollars out of wonder lust and blowing hundreds of billions $$$$ on endless wars?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Yep. Glad I added several small case rifles to the mix several years ago with the idea of powder conservation. Even a .308 size case is going to get too expensive to load.
Thats one of their goals....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

Damn them! So they're the ones printing digital dollars out of wonder lust and blowing hundreds of billions $$$$ on endless wars?

Crash, I can't argue with your point...but, American history shows case after case of big business, whether a monopoly of just a few businesses...historically collude to fix prices. In the old days it was railroads, steel, petroleum...anti trust laws were passed...but business found a way around the laws in short order.
Right now, your retail beef price is fixed at a stupid high, not by Sam Olson, by the big 3 packers...in the not too distant past it was coffee, sugar, they even tried it with eggs. The dirty little secret is once a very few mega corporations control a product/market item, pure capitalism doesn't work as advertised. Check your wife's diamond ring...DeBeers set the price of that stone. The big players set the rules...laws or no laws.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I got an 8 lb. jug of H4350 from Grice last week $330.+19.80 sales tax =349.80 or $43.73 / lb. Picked up in store.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Crash, I can't argue with your point...but, American history shows case after case of big business, whether a monopoly of just a few businesses...historically collude to fix prices. In the old days it was railroads, steel, petroleum...anti trust laws were passed...but business found a way around the laws in short order.
Right now, your retail beef price is fixed at a stupid high, not by Sam Olson, by the big 3 packers...in the not too distant past it was coffee, sugar, they even tried it with eggs. The dirty little secret is once a very few mega corporations control a product/market item, pure capitalism doesn't work as advertised. Check your wife's diamond ring...DeBeers set the price of that stone. The big players set the rules...laws or no laws.

I feel picked on too. My powder collection is quite valuable apparently. It's shocking. I don't reload much at all anymore. Competition shooting has been priced out of reason by primers alone. That's a shame for those who never had a chance to enjoy it. But meat, avocados, gasoline, lumber? What isn't overpriced? Paranoia tells me the powers against guns will make ammo and components prices and availability so restricted guns will become nothing but clubs. But I'm not entirely rational always.... I just bought a case of 10mm at about 45 cents and didn't feel too beat up about it. A little guilty maybe. American wages or salaries can't be raised enough to match rising prices the massive debt is causing. $60,000 pickups to look ridiculous. Something catastrophic has to blow. Even if everybody ends up on food stamps, the monetization scam will fall apart completely. China's not interested in playing the game anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I feel picked on too. My powder collection is quite valuable apparently. It's shocking. I don't reload much at all anymore. Competition shooting has been priced out of reason by primers alone. That's a shame for those who never had a chance to enjoy it. But meat, avocados, gasoline, lumber? What isn't overpriced? Paranoia tells me the powers against guns will make ammo and components prices and availability so restricted guns will become nothing but clubs. But I'm not entirely rational always.... I just bought a case of 10mm at about 45 cents and didn't feel too beat up about it. A little guilty maybe. American wages or salaries can't be raised enough to match rising prices the massive debt is causing. $60,000 pickups to look ridiculous. Something catastrophic has to blow. Even if everybody ends up on food stamps, the monetization scam will fall apart completely. China's not interested in playing the game anymore.
Spot on!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad I stocked up during the Clinton years. It's hard to believe those were the good old days.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Glad I stocked up during the Clinton years. It's hard to believe those were the good old days.

How much did you buy and how is it you haven't shot it up in the 23 years since he left office?

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Local gunshop said another 20% increase is right around the corner according to their supplier.
Highest price today- $68 & change + tax.
Owner said it might reach $100/lb. . .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Welcome to Biden's America.

2020 when things were starting to get dicey on component supplies, I paid $179.00 for a 8 lb jug of IMR 4350. Just a little over $22 a lb.

2022 at the same shop it had jumped to $279.00.

Last I checked that shop had it for $389.00

Now Midway has a 8 lb jug of IMR 4350 for $472.99 or $59.12 a lb. Making the H4350 @ $394.00 look like a deal. Man are we being duped by the insidious disease of inflation.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A local shop has retumbo for $54/pound. I was surprised to see it still on the shelf.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is good thing that reloading components, ammo in large quantities are not a necessities. Few boxes of ammo, some true necessities plus good friends network should suffice in time of crisys.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.