Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am still a life member but the NRA has lost members in the 7 figures range and hundreds of millions in dues and donations. The ones that left have moved on. They aren't coming back.

Going back would be like taking back a cheating wife. Why would you? Although I have known some that did, much to their sorrow.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Stophel
"This restaurant serves crappy food, but I bet if I keep going and buying lunch there, eventually they'll hire a good cook!"

That is a very good analogy.
No it's not, change starts at the top dumbazz.

NRA boosters keep claiming donating money will somehow cause the nra to straighten up and fly right.

Are we to believe they keep going back to restaurants that nauseate them on the belief it will somehow improve?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shrap the shill lol, as he said once....."I'd like to see the balloon that hot air came out of".

Must be getting paid to support lying stealing NRA, that most of the board and directors are still sucking cash from the piggy bank. They allowed Wayne to bleed funds at his leisure, and haven't fought for our rights in years.

Still going to bat for his boyfriend Flave too, the love must be deep lol

Last edited by Bwana_1; 01/31/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
https://youtube.com/shorts/YrDCeWKYA14?si=ZdeMhJa_wO6g1g-4

Am I a boomer for struggling to figure out how to post YouTube shorts?

Either way that’s a great example of why so many have abandoned the once great organization.

Well, I'm a boomer... Here ya go:

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hats off to you Mr Faucett thanks!!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Stophel
"This restaurant serves crappy food, but I bet if I keep going and buying lunch there, eventually they'll hire a good cook!"

That is a very good analogy.
No it's not, change starts at the top dumbazz.

Can’t see the forest for the trees?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just received another NRA solicitation call. I haven’t received calls in years. They must be on a blitz to get cash.
The lady started re spiel and I politely cut her off and told her that I’ve been a member for 40 plus years, a Patron of 20 or so, and won’t give a dime until I know the NRA leadership is fixed and supporting its members, not them selves. End of call.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dale06
Just received another NRA solicitation call. I haven’t received calls in years. They must be on a blitz to get cash.
The lady started re spiel and I politely cut her off and told her that I’ve been a member for 40 plus years, a Patron of 20 or so, and won’t give a dime until I know the NRA leadership is fixed and supporting its members, not them selves. End of call.

She must have been one of those thousands of NRA employees that Shrapnel mentioned earlier.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by efw

When Kyle Rittenhouse was being held with an unreasonable amount of bail before his trial, one citizen stepped forward and paid the bail so Kyle could go home to his mother.

The citizen's name was Mike Lindell.

Now you know where I will buy my sheets, pillows, slippers, towels, etc. for the rest of my life. I urge everyone to do the same.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by efw

When Kyle Rittenhouse was being held with an unreasonable amount of bail before his trial, one citizen stepped forward and paid the bail so Kyle could go home to his mother.

The citizen's name was Mike Lindell.

Now you know where I will buy my sheets, pillows, slippers, towels, etc. for the rest of my life. I urge everyone to do the same.
Yeah, Mike is a real loser.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Before again contributing money to the NRA, I would like answers to several questions:

1. Is there any legal way for NRA to claw back the $17,000,000 WLP severance pay?

2. Is NRA participating in paying for WLP's legal defense?

3. Who else on the NRA is complicit in almost destroying this fine organization and have they been fired?

4. What reforms have been put in place to prevent grifters from stealing our money again?

And, by the way, I would ask question 4 of GOA before donating any money to them either.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by dale06

She must have been one of those thousands of NRA employees that Shrapnel mentioned earlier.
Toot toot are you in the NRA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Hastings
Shrapnel: If nothing else, you found out there isn’t much appetite for sending money to the NRA anymore.

Actually, that is not true. The Campfire has exploded with negativity, but I was at the Antique Arms Show in Vegas when I ran into Phil Shreier and Garry James. Talking to people there at the show about this very subject, it was interesting how few felt the way the Campfire does.

Yes there are plenty upset with WLP, but not the majority of people that are still collecting and shooting guns…

https://www.antiquearmsshow.com/
[Linked Image from scottbieser.com]

https://www.scottbieser.com/ak_heston.html

So this is the level you will stoop to to make a point! You and all the rest that have jumped ship, failing to recognize that the NRA is still a viable organization.

I never said the NRA was perfect, I just haven’t abandoned it and can recognize good people such as I mentioned (Phil and Garry) that are engaged in good work within the NRA.

This happens to be Charton Heston’s gun vault, proving Strop is no smarter than the people he wants to denigrate…

Truth is treason in your empire of lies.

That was the gun room of an attorney who died in 2007. You will literally stoop to saying anything and making [bleep] up to try to get others to subsidize your anti 2A group.

https://hoaxes.org/photo_database/image/charlton_hestons_home_gun_collection

https://smallarmsreview.com/amazing-100-piece-class-iii-collection-sold-at-auction/

Even if that was Heston's stuff, it would just show him as another "rules for thee, but not for me" elite.

Oops! 😳😬🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The damage WLP did to the reputation of the NRA will be long lasting. Hopefully they can turn it around as they are the biggest lobby that the 2A has.

Life member with no desire to send any money to the NRA currently.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne LaPierre is represented by a lawyer named Philip Kent Correll. Is there any information available to tell the members of the NRA who is paying Mr. Correll? He is named as a former partner or employee of Bickel and Brewer. William Brewer III was the Texas lawyer mixed up in the NRA and the Ackerman McQueen controversy and acted as outside counsel to the NRA at great expense.

At this point I wish I knew how to "cut and paste". There is a very interesting article in Newsweek April 17, 2020 by Asher Stockler entitled ' Longtime NRA Attorney Says Group's Own Lawyer Embarked On "Highly Destructive Path" Court Documents Show'.

J. Steven Hart who was the NRA's own attorney started raising questions about Brewer's professional and family association with Ackerman McQueen and his acting as a lawyer for the NRA. Mr. Hart was fired for questioning the wisdom of hiring a lawyer with close connections to the very entity the NRA was in litigation with over wrongdoing.

It is quite complicated and the article has Mr. Arulanandam, our acting CEO of the NRA weighing in with his defense of Mr. Brewer acting as NRA counsel.

The whole episode sounds like an incestuous family feud with the NRA trying to cover for its own and Wayne's misdoings.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Doesn't matter who the "bad guy" is, every penny sent to the NRA is a penny wasted IMO. If the finite amount of money available is better sent elsewhere, it should be.

Forget the pennies. Go ahead and send them to whoever you want to.

I'll bet you leticia is smiling ear to leftist fat ear watching everyone bail on the NRA. When she gets done with Wayne guess who is next. (that's not a question) This is the question:

You didn't answer the biggest question of all. Who is the real bad guy ?? Wayne or leticia ??

kwg

Can any of the open anti 2A groups send you to jail? Nope.

Per that standard, any openly anti 2A group is not as bad as Letitia James.

Would it make sense to send money to them under the claim of maybe getting them to change their ways?

I say no, but apparently many fantasize with a similar delusion.

You are right, they are not as bad as Leticia. But, Leticia has the ability to prosecute and persecute you by using the "justice" system. Just ask Donald Trump. So, take another look at your first sentence.

kwg

Have you had any success turning openly anti 2A groups in to pro 2A groups by giving them money?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
For those who want to do something to assist the NRA in fixing some of their internal problems, go to "Ammoland" and read some articles and opinion pieces by Jeff Knox who is the son of Neal Knox and has succeeded in getting nominated and put on the ballot for elections this year.

I spoke with Jeff at length last spring at the NRA meetings in Indianapolis.

He is one of the knowledgeable outsiders trying to keep the NRA relevant and operational.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've been a member twice, once for 25 years and again this past January.

Both times it was so I could be a member of a local rifle club.

I asked the new club, if being a member of GOA was enough?

Nope, the NRA underwrites the liability insurance for the club so I'm NRA again.

When calling to get my membership I told the lady on the phone to put me on the DO NOT PROMOTE list so I wouldn't get the parade of garbage advertising from their selling my name for marketing.

I also don't get the endless begging for money from the NRA.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For all the NRA haters that claimed they wouldn’t support the NRA until LaPierre was gone, I spoke to Philip Schreier today, a NRA museum director in Fairfax, Virginia. He was accompanied by Garry James, who many of you should know from his years writing for Guns and Ammo and The American Riflemen. Garry is now in Virginia working for the NRA.

I asked Phil what he thought about Wayne LaPierre and he didn’t seem interested in discussing the situation. When he realized that I knew Garry and we talked about guns and his friendship with Mike Venturino, Phil became more engaged. He told me that it will be settled in court and within 6 months there should be something different in the future of the NRA…

LaPierre is gone, all you dissatisfied members that said you weren’t supporting the NRA until LaPierre was gon, well now he is, time to quit bitching and get behind the NRA…

Until the crooks that were in on the heist are gone as well, and new leadership is established, my views won't change. It took more than just Wayne to steal tens of millions.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (35, 44mc, 345dl, 338rcm, 300Sav, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,591 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,570
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.