Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Double wow, check out some of the comments:

@masonb.newkirk3266
6 minutes ago
Why wouldn't the cops have brought a tranquilizer gun instead? Killing the mountain lion solves nothing! They could have easily stunned and relocated him. It's graphic, but I want to make it clear: those two brothers walked into the mountain lion's territory. The mountain lion didn't show up in the town and attack them randomly; they took a chance and placed themselves in the mountain lion's habitat.
Every time there's one of these type reports they come out of the woodwork it seems.

According to a local rancher he lost a calf to wolves recently. F&G won't confirm it was a kill as the carcass wasn't recovered when they got there, but his cattle feeder guys saw the wolves on the carcass and apparently they have some cam pics or such. Not far from our place from what I've heard, maybe 4-5 miles.

That's what the wolf re-introduction lovers won't tell you. Most the time ranchers are not getting re-imbursed for their livestock losses. The ranchers here in Arizona only have about a 40% success rate of getting money from the government for their livestock losses to wolves.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel

@masonb.newkirk3266
6 minutes ago
Why wouldn't the cops have brought a tranquilizer gun instead? Killing the mountain lion solves nothing! They could have easily stunned and relocated him. It's graphic, but I want to make it clear: those two brothers walked into the mountain lion's territory. The mountain lion didn't show up in the town and attack them randomly; they took a chance and placed themselves in the mountain lion's habitat.
Every time there's one of these type reports they come out of the woodwork it seems.

According to a local rancher he lost a calf to wolves recently. F&G won't confirm it was a kill as the carcass wasn't recovered when they got there, but his cattle feeder guys saw the wolves on the carcass and apparently they have some cam pics or such. Not far from our place from what I've heard, maybe 4-5 miles.

That's what the wolf re-introduction lovers won't tell you. Most the time ranchers are not getting re-imbursed for their livestock losses. The ranchers here in Arizona only have about a 40% success rate of getting money from the government for their livestock losses to wolves.

Sounds like you need to go "yote" hunting and shut the hell up..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel

@masonb.newkirk3266
6 minutes ago

Sounds like you need to go "yote" hunting and shut the hell up..

Screw that, the Mexican gray wolves here are treated like gold and they may all even be chipped. They are constantly watched and studied by people. If one of them gets out of the boundaries of the territory they want them in, they will track it for miles and bring it back. They tracked one all the way from Arizona to the Rockies in the central part of New Mexico and brought it back...

If you shoot one here, I get the feeling you'd be looking over your shoulder the rest of your life just waiting to be found out no matter how deep you buried it or how quiet you were about it.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 03/26/24.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 1badf350, 222ND, 2500HD, 51 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,288
Posts18,505,189
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.