A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This is from my source which is pretty reliable…

An Australian foot patrol in 1944 engaged Japanese soldiers outside of Kokopo, PNG. They tracked the retreating Japanese soldiers across enemy lines deeper into the jungle. The Australians paused for quick rest (lunch break). After pressing on, about 30 minutes longer, they encountered a crashed plane. They could see only part of the plane as the jungle had grown over a good part of it.They made a fast investigation and pulled a VIN tag from an engine that torn off one of the wings. They pressed on NOT realizing they found her plane. Only later, after reviewing the data collected on the plane, did it come to light that, the VIN was to an engine on the Lockheed Electra gifted to Amelia from Purdue Univ.
We located the tin cans from their lunch break and the portion of the jungle where they encountered the plane.

Are you suggesting that information has been conveniently overlooked by countless people who have spent a fortune and a lifetime searching for the same plane? I’m not making a judgement call on your assertion but it seems like this mystery would have been solved 7 years after it went missing yet very intelligent people have spent 10’s of millions in recent years looking for it.

Don’t kill the messenger here. What is and what could be are not my making. I am only passing on information as I have gotten it from an archaeologist that has been chasing this for some time.

There are all sorts of stories about her spying, or being found and living in anonymity, and other such speculation. If the plane was found for certain, it makes sense it would be international news, there is supposed to be a show about this on the Discovery Channel soon…

Where is that VIN plate now?

Have your sources seen it, touched it, and checked the numbers themselves?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are "eyewitness" accounts of all sorts of events and sightings: Elvis, Hitler, Big Foot, ghosts, space aliens, Santa, and many more.

There's a word for those accounts: fiction.

There's plenty of that, right here on this forum:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19190945/1102

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
lol

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
This is from my source which is pretty reliable…

An Australian foot patrol in 1944 engaged Japanese soldiers outside of Kokopo, PNG. They tracked the retreating Japanese soldiers across enemy lines deeper into the jungle. The Australians paused for quick rest (lunch break). After pressing on, about 30 minutes longer, they encountered a crashed plane. They could see only part of the plane as the jungle had grown over a good part of it.They made a fast investigation and pulled a VIN tag from an engine that torn off one of the wings. They pressed on NOT realizing they found her plane. Only later, after reviewing the data collected on the plane, did it come to light that, the VIN was to an engine on the Lockheed Electra gifted to Amelia from Purdue Univ.
We located the tin cans from their lunch break and the portion of the jungle where they encountered the plane.

Are you suggesting that information has been conveniently overlooked by countless people who have spent a fortune and a lifetime searching for the same plane? I’m not making a judgement call on your assertion but it seems like this mystery would have been solved 7 years after it went missing yet very intelligent people have spent 10’s of millions in recent years looking for it.

Don’t kill the messenger here. What is and what could be are not my making. I am only passing on information as I have gotten it from an archaeologist that has been chasing this for some time.

There are all sorts of stories about her spying, or being found and living in anonymity, and other such speculation. If the plane was found for certain, it makes sense it would be international news, there is supposed to be a show about this on the Discovery Channel soon…

Where is that VIN plate now?

Have your sources seen it, touched it, and checked the numbers themselves?

My question also. In order for them to run that VIN number more than a couple people would have to know about it. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t have been big news.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was comming back from Tampa and was on rt 674 near Ruskin cutting across to Frostproof and there larger than life in a small airport was an Electra 10E I know it's not her's but it does put things in perspective and just plane cool.

Also in Ruskin there is a cemetery that they Anglin family is buried, for those who do not know they Anglin brothers are are the ones who escaped Alcatraz along with Frank Morris the woman who does the perpetual care there says that she believes the two brothers are buried there and that they have exhumed many of that family plots over the years. I asked how she new all this and she told me that her family over the generations have been taking care of that place since before they escape and when they come in and exhume the bodies, no one pays attention to her like she is not even there but she knows what is going on.

I am trying to post pics

Copy and paste link then go to see photos sorry that is the best I can do for now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Wimauma+Air+Park+Airport+Electra&sca_esv=591553bf2b9a7dbe&sxsrf=ACQVn0_CI2oplng4NovuL2Fw74eBn_iIqA%3A1711057453800&ei=Lar8ZdvAMIvcwN4P_IiouAo&ved=0ahUKEwibi-XdqYaFAxULLtAFHXwECqcQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=Wimauma+Air+Park+Airport+Electra&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiIFdpbWF1bWEgQWlyIFBhcmsgQWlycG9ydCBFbGVjdHJhMgcQIRgKGKABMgcQIRgKGKABSN4aUOgHWI8ZcAF4AJABAJgBhwGgAYUHqgEDMi42uAEDyAEA-AEBmAIJoAKtB8ICBxAAGB4YsAPCAg4QABiABBiKBRiGAxiwA8ICBhAAGBYYHsICCxAAGIAEGIoFGIYDmAMAiAYBkAYFkgcDMS44oAe5Hg&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#ip=1

Last edited by granitestate1; 03/25/24.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
IC B2

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (204guy, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,785
Posts18,515,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.