Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good for her Hanco. The first wife smoked when I met her and I moved into her house and told her that the second hand smoke was bad for both me and the kids, so she said then buy us another house so she could smoke outside, so I did. She quit using the patches, but too late. Small cell carcinoma took her in a year. The thing about cancer cells is that the damn things don't stay home, they hitch a ride in the lymphatic system. The cancer went to her liver, bones and her brain. Seeing someone ratchet down day by day is tough on everyone and you are powerless to do anything about it.

When sis was going through medical school she had a cadaver guy that had been a smoker. She said that running a scalpel into that lung tissue was like running it into gravel with all those hard smoking caused nodules. Lungs don't work too well like that. That kind of thing would sure make a guy think twice about lighting up.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey quit smoking again

It's WIFE not gay azz'ed Wifey

She’s his woman, he can call her anything he wants.

P

You must be a gay azz also

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
How'd this get this far without a lubrication joke???

Last edited by MikeL2; 03/26/24.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I bummed a Marlborough of my brother in law David in March of 80, my last smoke,

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 160user
Good for her! I have quit several times and finally just came to the conclusion that I find smoking relaxing and that I need to die from something anyway.

My wife works in a cancer center. Her patients exhibit a great deal of regret regarding smoking. Many of the patients have appointments for chemo or radiation treatments. Those treatments may only occur every 2-3 weeks at most and for some it may only be once every few months.

Many (most) of them come in 3-5 times a week to get the side effects treated. Common side effects are dehydration, constipation, iron deficiencies, malnutrition, and pain. Each time they come in for treatments their insurance companies are billed for screening, triage, and treatment from a RN, PA, NP, and the ocologist or hematologist. Many times the treatment plans include numerous prescription medications.

Even the best insurance plans require copays for visits and medications and have a maximum out-of-pocket limit of $5K or more. It really doesn't take long to exhaust one's savings when dealing with a terminal illness. Good luck if you think you'll have enough energy to sell anything you have to pay for your treatment. My wife's clinic has a high no-show rate and the #1 reason is because their patients struggle to even gather the energy to leave their bed somedays.

With all that said, I hope anyone who enjoys smoking remembers that habit has a longterm health and financial impact.

I sure hope I die from a sudden and massive heart blockage while I'm going "ten toes up and ten toes down" with my wife or some young bimbo. πŸ€ͺ😜😁

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 55 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,597
Posts18,511,341
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.