Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tarkio, bummer on the engine wiped out after a trip to the mechanic.

I had the same fkn thing happen to me. Had a powersteering pump and gearbox replaced on my dodge. Also had the np-205 rebuilt only because it was leaking oil.

Place was called Fullmoon Auto in Delta Junction, Alaska

EVERY job was fked up:

My steering shaft came undone on at 60 mph on the fking Parks highway!

The transfer case would pop out of 4wd and rattled going down a hill in 2wd(improper gear preload)

One of the 8mm bolts that holds the powersteering pump to the 6bt cummins was found on the oil drain magnet. It was all mashed up n mangled. It made its way around the engine. Wiped out a perfect condition 6bt cummins.

Had to start all over again, because I didn't want to litigate over an old clapped out work truck with a rough body. The shop closed down shortly thereafter.

I read some of the online reviews of the place after this experience:
One customer reported finding a fking meth pipe in his center console!?

GB1

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Tarkio, bummer on the engine wiped out after a trip to the mechanic.

I had the same fkn thing happen to me. Had a powersteering pump and gearbox replaced on my dodge. Also had the np-205 rebuilt only because it was leaking oil.

Place was called Fullmoon Auto in Delta Junction, Alaska

EVERY job was fked up:

My steering shaft came undone on at 60 mph on the fking Parks highway!

The transfer case would pop out of 4wd and rattled going down a hill in 2wd(improper gear preload)

One of the 8mm bolts that holds the powersteering pump to the 6bt cummins was found on the oil drain magnet. It was all mashed up n mangled. It made its way around the engine. Wiped out a perfect condition 6bt cummins.

Had to start all over again, because I didn't want to litigate over an old clapped out work truck with a rough body. The shop closed down shortly thereafter.

I read some of the online reviews of the place after this experience:
One customer reported finding a fking meth pipe in his center console!?

I don't think this is related to the oil change/service. But the timing has me thinking it deserves looking into.

So I am doing just that.

Sucks to hear about your experience with you pos shop. These are the kinds of things that have made me do more and more mechanic work on my own.

Montana MOFO
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, I guess I got the GFY answer. LOL

Sorry, didn't know you bruised so easily.

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by gunzo

Not bruised in the least.

Was just dumbfounded with your lack of patience and feeling that you deserved a response within a day or 2 on something that really is of no import

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oil sampling used to be very common in piston aircraft engines. Until folks started doing some testing. Several have caught two samples, labeled them differently, sent to the same lab, got different results. Tested that with several companies. I dont sample mine any more.
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Was just dumbfounded with your lack of patience and feeling that you deserved a response within a day or 2 on something that really is of no import

I try hard to help folks when I think I can, & with some of my background there's no question that I can at times. That requires some questions. Guess I try too hard at times. Maybe I should refrain. Particularly in some cases.

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio

I try hard to help folks when I think I can, & with some of my background there's no question that I can at times. That requires some questions. Guess I try too hard at times. Maybe I should refrain. Particularly in some cases.

Not at all. I love all the backgrounds of people here on this forum and I use it extensively. And I appreciate your input. I just found it perplexing that 2 days after a question, you are getting twisted around the axle that I had not been back to completely update everyone. Hell, I didn't see your GFY response for another 3 or 4 days. Not all of us live on here.

Don't stop helping please. But dang, have a little patience.

BTW I have a kit coming from Blackstone.

Last edited by Tarkio; 04/03/24.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Oil sampled and shipping off today.

PITA to take a sample without a pump and not drain.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Got the sample results back the other day.

Never had oil sampled before so no experience with this. But I am pretty sure that seeing the levels of metal in this sample does not bode well.

Montana MOFO
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.