Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Which is their reason… supposedly by increasing blood flow to either a worked or strained muscle. Little doubt those who are serious athletes think they serve a purpose. Especially for post onset muscle soreness.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
People will wear compression sleeves for extra stablization of points like elbows, wrists, knees.

About 6 months ago, I started from scratch after a 2 year layoff due to resistant hypertension. I have been working out four days per week. I follow a pretty regular routine. I am 5'10" 235lbs and 55 years old.

Sundays- 40 minutes- indoor cycling at 70+ rpm. Flat bench 5-8 sets - pyramid up with middle set being pretty heavy for overload. Lat pull downs 5-8 sets. Leg extension 5 sets. Curls and tricep extensions 5 sets of each. Incline bench for 5 sets. 5 Sets of Kettle Bell(61lbs) lifts to overhead X 30 reps.

Tuesdays- 40 minutes- indoor cycling at 70+ RPM. 5 sets of Rows. 5 sets of rear shoulder rows. 5 sets of deadlifts( pyramid up) 5 sets of dumb bell incline presses.

Wednesday-40 minutes of elliptical- flat bench 5-8 sets. lat pull down 5-8 sets. Leg extension 5 sets. Curls and tricep extensions 5 sets of each. Incline bench for 5 sets. 5 sets of kettlebell lifts.

Thursday- 30 minutes of C2 Rower(sub 2min) pace. 5 sets of lat pulldowns(bicep). 5 sets of squats for hypertrophy-not max lbs. 5 sets of tricep extensions. 5 sets of dumbbell rows.

I am getting stronger. My max bench is up to 420lbs for 1 rep. I generally will go for 315 lbs on incline bench for 4 or 5 reps. I am working to cut belly fat but I feel good and my bp is in normal range. I just work out myself but I have been noticing that the kids here at school are videoing me lifting. I will start carrying a pack with weights as I get done with mock trial and my other school commitments. I have 1 sheep hunt and 1 moose hunt planned for this year.

Last edited by kaboku68; 04/02/24.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by battue
Compression sleeves....

Seems as if they have become standard equipment for the pro athletes and the CrossFit elite....Who has used them along with opinion?

Long ago, and far away...when I was in grad school working in a biomechanics lab, we did a study on compression shirts effects on proprioception. Sorry, I don't remember the outcome of that study but a quick google makes it appear that they can be helpful for proprioception to reduce injury. I didn't read up on it though...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I am getting stronger. My max bench is up to 420lbs for 1 rep. I generally will go for 315 lbs on incline bench for 4 or 5 reps. I am working to cut belly fat but I feel good and my bp is in normal range. I just work out myself but I have been noticing that the kids here at school are videoing me lifting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^ grin

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
At my peak I am into the 500lbs. If you know me then you know me. I am not the type of guy that bullshits. You can ask anybody that knows me irl. You are not going to find a lot of people who go where I go and pack out a sheep or goat in a 1 trip affair. Its not that flat land Brooks range either.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by kaboku68; 04/02/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At my peak I am into the 500lbs. If you know me then you know me. I am not the type of guy that bullshits. You can ask anybody that knows me irl. You are not going to find a lot of people who go where I go and pack out a sheep or goat in a 1 trip affair. Its not that flat land Brooks range either.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Go ahead and post a video of your 55 year old ass benching 420. That would be cool

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My god that is such beautiful country, absolutely amazing.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When kaboku68's legs get fatigued, he continues the pack out walking on his hands. Impressive bench numbers!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Would kabuko68 exaggerate? No way! Anyone in decent shape should be able to tread water for three hours with a moose quarter on their back. That and other tall tales may be found here:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...iserable-night-in-the-woods#Post19130467

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am getting stronger. My max bench is up to 420lbs for 1 rep. I generally will go for 315 lbs on incline bench for 4 or 5 reps. I am working to cut belly fat but I feel good and my bp is in normal range. I just work out myself but I have been noticing that the kids here at school are videoing me lifting. I will start carrying a pack with weights as I get done with mock trial and my other school commitments. I have 1 sheep hunt and 1 moose hunt planned for this year.

Quite a long post for answering a question about braces.

Maybe you could ask one of those kids who have been videotaping you to forward a copy over here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Would kabuko68 exaggerate? No way! Anyone in decent shape should be able to tread water for three hours with a moose quarter on their back. That and other tall tales may be found here:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That ranks right up there with Formid's spike elk expedition a couple of years ago.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That ranks right up there with Formid's spike elk expedition a couple of years ago.

Says the feller from Midland....known for it's rugged steep terrain...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Update on compression sleeves. Received a couple pairs of the ankle to knee variety the basketball players wear. Didn’t take long to realize my legs felt better, noticeably better and less fatigued. Have worn them at the gym and during the day. Had to take a six hour car ride, so tried them on that. Legs never felt cramped and no ankle swelling. Which often happens if I sit too long.

Takes a day or so for them to become comfortable, but then you kind of forget you’re wearing them.

Did BP at the gym with them on. Did a one time PB of 180. I suspect as my body adapts to regular compression, 450 is not far away. Gym doesn’t allow any pictures. Fortunately!!!!🤣

Last edited by battue; 04/05/24.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
4 days????….Slacker!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Update on compression sleeves. Received a couple pairs of the ankle to knee variety the basketball players wear. Didn’t take long to realize my legs felt better, noticeably better and less fatigued. Have worn them at the gym and during the day. Had to take a six hour car ride, so tried them on that. Legs never felt cramped and no ankle swelling. Which often happens if I sit too long.

Takes a day or so for them to become comfortable, but then you kind of forget you’re wearing them.

Did BP at the gym with them on. Did a one time PB of 180. I suspect as my body adapts to regular compression, 450 is not far away. Gym doesn’t allow any pictures. Fortunately!!!!🤣

A young man like you?? 500 should be your goal, minimum.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Prarie_twatt,
In any one given moment myself and at least 2 dozen Alaskans could confirm anything that kobuko68 shares stories of. He's one of the most hardest working, authentic and honest Alaskans I've ever met.

He's a quirky old man but he works hard at everything. For decades, he's always worked 2 jobs or more. The man wakes up at 4 am and puts in 12-18 hours days, 6-7 days a week.

He is a fkn gorilla of a man. And the kindest of men I've ever met.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/05/24.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He's also full of schit.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

A young man like you?? 500 should be your goal, minimum.

You know how it is around here….you have to tone it down, or some old fart will either call you out, or up the number. Next there will be those T adds. One of them with their head photoshopped onto Josh Bridges. And finally a great forum will turn into the riflescope forum.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

307 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 30Gibbs, 32 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,343
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.