Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The thing that has kept running through my mind since this bridge disaster took place is not really who, how or why but the after effects. I imagine every suicide nut case that hates the USA has in mind how nice it would be to cause such a thing to happen. Imagine the mayhem if they could knock out every bridge over the Mississippi. Wouldn't take a big ship to do it either.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Sounds plausible. I thought it might be just a horrible accident accidents like that are unlikely. Too much money at stake.
Once again: How’s Build Back Better feel after 3+ years? We’ve been invaded by a huge army of people at the behest of the administration. We’ve spent billions if not trillions on a war we instigated in Ukraine. Out national credibility is down the drain. Our Congress is insane. Republicans in both houses cannot even agree on anything and refuse to use power at their disposal to fight back. The judicial system is corrupt and law means nothing. Our citizens are being arrested and persecuted without even being charged. Our Constitution is ignored.
WAKE UP DAMMIT!!!!!

All true. Question is what will "wake up" the sheep? In the political process there are inputs which are converted into outputs. The minority has the right to oppose the output but you can't oppose if the entire government is in bed together and only some of them pretend to oppose because it might help them get re-elected.

Apathy, bread and circus, more conspiracy bull(bleep) to keep them befuddled and believe what they want to believe . As long as they got a couch, a 6 pack, and a bag of chips nothing else matters as their country is shredded to ribbons by a bunch of corrupt, deceitful war mongers whose main concern is appeasing their donors....the elitist ruling class could GAF less about the people.

like when Ben Franklin was asked by a passerby when leaving the convention; "well Dr. Franklin, what have you given us"?....Franklin replied "a republic madam, IF you can keep it"

We have NOT kept it. I don't know what to do I haven't already done, pestering my lawmakers hasn't accomplished a damn thing so short of all out revolution, I think our only hope is to try to get Trump elected (for the third time smile

MAGA!

"an armed society is a polite society"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The thing that has kept running through my mind since this bridge disaster took place is not really who, how or why but the after effects. I imagine every suicide nut case that hates the USA has in mind how nice it would be to cause such a thing to happen. Imagine the mayhem if they could knock out every bridge over the Mississippi. Wouldn't take a big ship to do it either.
Why bother with bridges?

How secure is your local electrical substation..............even the great big ones near powerplants???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by cfran
Get a grip

If I had to choose who is more credible,I would most certainly choose someone who has a considerable amount of documented work in this area,than someone on the internet.

You do you, this is a load of crap.

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
The local boat guys down at the bar last night - don't see it as hackable either. Maybe you mess with a GPS or something but not the engine room, not aux and primary power. They're just not that connected to the outside - per these guys. Real? dunno but I trust the guy building the things over some tart on Steve's show.

A person stated that if you hack the GPS you control the ship.

The GPS provides instructions to the engine room.

You still didn't watch this War Room segment,did you?

You also didn't mention that McCabe claimed this was an accident early yesterday morning.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B2

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rte
Get a grip

If I had to choose who is more credible,I would most certainly choose someone who has a considerable amount of documented work in this area,than someone on the internet.

You do you, this is a load of crap.

Sure I'll take your word for it.

NOT!

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rte
The local boat guys down at the bar last night - don't see it as hackable either. Maybe you mess with a GPS or something but not the engine room, not aux and primary power. They're just not that connected to the outside - per these guys. Real? dunno but I trust the guy building the things over some tart on Steve's show.

You also didn't mention that McCabe claimed this was an accident early yesterday morning.

GPS doesn't shut off the lights, power and aux power. That's the point the GUYS WHO BUILD THE BOATS TOLD ME. THEY'RE NOT CONNECTED. AGAIN, at the SOURCE of the BOAT ITSELF.

GPS would contact engine room to run the rudder which is NOT the same as the propulsion which was not working when it went dark. The smoke- per them is the restart and full astern once back on-line.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Yep, you get credit for not knowing the answer.

Smokepole, you so funny we love you loooong time!

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rte

GPS doesn't shut off the lights, power and aux power. That's the point the GUYS WHO BUILD THE BOATS TOLD ME. THEY'RE NOT CONNECTED. AGAIN, at the SOURCE of the BOAT ITSELF.

GPS would contact engine room to run the rudder which is NOT the same as the propulsion which was not working when it went dark. The smoke- per them is the restart and full astern once back on-line.

Also, I assume that there is no way the port pilots are navigating off GPS alone, if at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very fertile minds at work..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by rte

Also, I assume that there is no way the port pilots are navigating off GPS alone, if at all.

And maybe life is different on those giant, new, container vessels but I can't imagine any skipper allowing GPS to run his vessel (even if completely capable of doing so) in a harbor with bridges, ship traffic, recreational vessels, fishing vessels, etc. Any more than I'd expect any airline pilot to put the autopilot on when leaving the tarmac and not also having the ability to control his ship.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rte
She makes an excellent argument.

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The ship is registered in Singapore,chartered by the Danish company Maersk but owned by Grace Ocean and managed by Synergy Marine out Hong Kong according to the Maritime Executive.

You still didn't watch the War Room segment.

How about McCabe claiming it wasn't terrorism when he couldn't have definitively known this less than six hours after the collision.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Of course, it’s hackable. It’s a 1000 foot, 100,000 ton ship built in 2015 with a 22 man crew. A ship that big and new with a crew small is going to be heavily computerized. If it has an internet connection, it’s hackable.

Doesn’t mean it was, but these days someone can hack you toaster.

Fitzgerald was 730 feet, just as heavy and only had a crew of 29, built in '58.

There's computerization - sure. But you also mentioned something rather important - is propulsion connected to the internet? and can you even get a signal buried under 100k tons of steel and 9k TEUs on deck and does it make sense to do that attack at 1am when it's LEAST likely to create loss of life?

Like I said - boat guys here are saying - nope.

Stop. Is there a mechanical linkage from the bridge to the rudder? No? Of course, not in a ship that large. An electric signal goes from A to B…from micro processor to microprocessor. It’s hackable.

As for making sense. Bro, don’t be stupid. If it were a cyber attack, the point is not to kill people on the bridge. That’s an afterthought. The point is to bring the bridge down and shut down the port for the next year.

Yep if the ships computers are connected to the internet it is hackable. Odd these simpletons can't seem to understand the obvious.

IF connected - that's the fugging point.

And IF the ones connected ALSO connect to propulsion.

I get drive by wire, I work for a SaaS company specializing in transportation AI, ML and automation - I get what's possible. It's just not probably on this.

What I am saying is the odds that the internet connected computers are ALSO connected to both ship power, and propulsion AND were hacked at 1am in the middle of a river through the faraday cage that is an all metal ship with TEUs all over it and THEN being able to take positive control, shut down the power - completely time the wind, tides, boat speed and channel water speed to create a 100k ton Fast and Furious Tokyo drift - while ALSO allowing coms to the bridge to tell them to close it and hit the bridge - yep. That's the MOST LIKELY event. /sarc

Again - the guys I talked to last night who build the damned things say this - not gonna happen. The intelligence officers I know and have known for 2 decades agree. Like zero thought has ever been put into place over the last 20+ years about the possibility and precautions taken.

JFC - this isn't someone figuring out your yahoo account email.

So under no circumstance could this have been the work of a bad actor? I'm sure that the people who put effort and time into figuring out how to remote control ships, cars, MSNBC brain scans might have capabilities we don't know about. How about someone who has been on board? One of the videos I watched showed the ship to veer starboard and hit the bridge pillar just a bit off center. It takes a lot to turn a ship that big. Interesting that it is registered in Singapore.

MV Dali is a Singapore-registered container ship completed in 2015 and owned by Grace Ocean Pte Ltd. As of March 2024, the vessel was chartered by Maersk and managed and operated by Synergy Marine Group.[3]

On 26 March 2024, the ship collided with the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, Maryland, United States, causing a catastrophic structural failure of the bridge in which up to seven people may have died.[7][8]

Of interest Synergy Marine group manages and operates the MV Dali. Main office is in Singapore.

https://www.synergymarinegroup.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/

As an organization aspiring to excellence, issues related to diversity are a high priority at Synergy. We realize that the benefits of diversity are best achieved by fostering greater inclusion and belonging. We will continue to attract, hire, and retain a diverse workforce because that is a key source of good ideas, and talented applicants will be drawn to work with us. But hiring for diversity alone is not enough. We want to ensure that our employees can bring their full selves to work – that they can belong in the fullest sense to the community inside the organization.

At Synergy we want a workplace that is truly characterized by inclusion and belonging. Diversity for us is more about the variety of our thoughts as a team. Although diversity can be created through deliberate hiring practices, inclusion may not automatically follow. We want our entire workforce to appreciate and show sensitivity to the cultural, and any other, differences that exist in our teams, as well as among the people we interact with in our daily business. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels they belong.

Last edited by rickt300; 03/27/24.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by rte

And maybe life is different on those giant, new, container vessels but I can't imagine any skipper allowing GPS to run his vessel (even if completely capable of doing so) in a harbor with bridges, ship traffic, recreational vessels, fishing vessels, etc. Any more than I'd expect any airline pilot to put the autopilot on when leaving the tarmac and not also having the ability to control his ship.

Odd China is written all over ownership and management. Accident? If Joey says so.

https://www.sgpbusiness.com/company/Grace-Ocean-Private-Limited#Corporate-Profile

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Why bother with bridges?

How secure is your local electrical substation..............even the great big ones near powerplants???
Very true. Lots of ways to wreak havoc and destroy things. So far one of the largest amount of destruction has been done internally by our own people in government. They have managed to destroy the public trust.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This incident sure has brought out the Q queers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This incident sure has brought out the Q queers.
as opposed to the kw kweers?

In it is contentment

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I know a lot of conspiracies are true and I have no doubts about many of them. However, I'm leaning on this incident truly being an accident.

Time will tell.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
She calls it "the I-94 Corridor."

Wrong corridor.
until.

Haha. Yeah. Caught that, too. Only because I'm a couple miles off it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (01Foreman400, 1minute, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,709
Posts18,513,950
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.