Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Knowing the ship's momentum too enormous to reverse, why did they not hold steady course? When power was restored, why did they not power up on a safe heading - knowing reverse could not save the day? No headway, no steerage. But, what do I know? Holiday Express was full last night.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I bet if some of you got a flat tire, you'd try to replace the transmission first.

No, but sure as hell I'd be looking to see how the Ukrainians were involved.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The thing that is suspicious to me is a ship this size should have emergency lights lit and nav lights lit when main generator power goes down. It is required to have emergency lights. In the videos all lights shut off. As if someone flipped off power to the emergency buss. There should have been some lighting and Nav lights visible running on the emergency power system. Which would include an automaticlly started backup Generator but also a battery bank for emergency lighting sized to power those lights for several hours.
It could have all been incompetence too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Teal
She's full of crap.

Yeah but she has SORT OF GREAT TITS..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Apologies sir, had to intervene there.

Noted. Great cleavage but below our "melon" standards smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by miguel
Look back to 9/11 and the day after. Did anyone really believe it was anything other than a terrorist attack, even after we all saw Building 7 collapse for no apparent reason? Today I firmly believe, best case scenario, that the U.S. government was complicit in the attacks. Worst case is that they facilitated the attacks. I’m more in the facilitated camp. The point is, I trust absolutely nothing the government tells us, and the truth is usually far from what is being reported.
Im on this side generally. I dont think our gov did 9/11, but I completely think they knew it was coming and allowed it to happen. That led to the biggest power grab in our history imo. I have ZERO trust for anything our gov says and I question everything. With all of our enemies, external and internal, I could easily see this being some sort of an attack. We need a bit more info, so Ill just wait and see what comes out in the future

IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It cracks me up how EVERYONE instantly is an expert, and knows more than the people that do this every day. Always looking for the pie in the sky, "lottery" one and done solution. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop. You're embarrassing yourselves. Your feeding the trolls, and you are assisting in any cover up flooding the Country with disinformation and stupidity.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Knowing the ship's momentum too enormous to reverse, why did they not hold steady course? When power was restored, why did they not power up on a safe heading - knowing reverse could not save the day? No headway, no steerage. But, what do I know? Holiday Express was full last night.....

The “expert” talking heads on this are brutal. I just listened to an “expert” say the wind moved the ship.

A few things happen in reverse. First is you slow down. Second is your stern walks depending on a rh or lh screw.
I would also not be surprised if the report of tossing the anchor was false.

Like most reporting immediately after incidents, most of it turns out wrong.

I also don’t buy that they shut down the bridge to traffic. Zero time for that. They got lucky due to the time of day.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You should have started with "but what do I know" and quit.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RAM

He actually had some valid questions.

The more I watch the video and think about it, the more curious I get.

Those pilots make 700k a year btw.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Calvin

The “expert” talking heads on this are brutal. I just listened to an “expert” say the wind moved the ship.

A few things happen in reverse. First is you slow down. Second is your stern walks depending on a rh or lh screw.

I also don’t buy that they shut down the bridge to traffic. Zero time for that. They got lucky due to the time of day.

If the anchor was down, I'm assuming it was dropped after collision.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The anchor was dropped prior to collision, but such a massive vessel with an incredible amount of freeboard and underway at eight knots is impossible to stop sor quite a long way and yes given the ship's freeboard, made much worse by the containers would sure as hell be pushed by the wind. That said, I have no idea as to wind direction and speed so I can''t ascertain for sure.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Per NTSB

12:39 DALI departs Seagirt Marine Terminal
01:07 DALI enters shipping channel
01:24 DALI traveling at 8 knots
01:24:59 audible alarms sound, VDR ceases sensor data recording, audio only
01:26:02 VDR resumes sensor data and audio recording
01:26:39 ship pilot makes VHF call for tugs in vicinity to assist (first indication of needing help)
01:27:04 pilot orders DALI to drop port anchor and additional steering commands
01:27:25 pilot issues VHF radio call that DALI has lost all power and approaching the bridge. MDTA orders bridge closed
01:29 DALI traveling at just under 7 knots
01:29-01:29:33 sounds consistent with hitting bridge
01:29:39 pilot reports bridge down to USCG

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I cannot find a better source just now, but if the following is true:

- The ship was guided by two tugboats part of its way through the harbor, but they departed before the end.

- The ship's propulsion was lost and never came back. The black smoke was from the backup generator.

- The harbor pilot ordered the ship's crew to drop the port anchor a minute or two before the impact. It doesn't say exactly when the anchor was, in fact, dropped or whether that was before the impact.

Originally Posted by NYT
At 1:25 a.m., after the two tugboats detached and turned back, the Dali had accelerated to about 10 mph as it approached the Key Bridge. But just then, according to a timeline released by the National Transportation Safety Board on Wednesday, “numerous audible alarms” started sounding on the ship.

For reasons still being investigated, the ship’s powerful propulsion system stopped. The lights flickered out.

The ship had a “complete blackout,” according to Clay Diamond, head of the American Pilots’ Association, who was briefed on the account of the pilot of the Dali. (The chair of the NTSB, Jennifer Homendy, said officials were still trying to determine whether the power failure was complete.)

The harbor pilot noticed the ship starting to swing right, in the direction of one of the piers holding up the Key Bridge. At 1:26, he called for the tugs to return; he urged the captain to try to get the engine back up and directed the crew to steer hard left. As a last ditch measure, at 1:27, he ordered the crew to throw down the port anchor.

One of the tugboats, the Eric McAllister, turned around and raced back toward the ship.

But the failures onboard were cascading. The emergency generator had kicked on, sending a puff of thick smoke belching from the ship’s exhaust stack and briefly restoring the lights, radar and steering. It did not help. With no effective propulsion, the 95,000-ton ship had become an unstoppable object, drifting toward one of the most heavily traveled bridges in Baltimore. ...

The collapse had happened in seconds. Except for the stumps of the piers, the central span of the bridge had plunged into the frigid river — where divers would spend the whole day searching amid twisted metal for survivors — by 1:29 a.m.

https://news.yahoo.com/5-minutes-brought-down-key-113921353.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She's full of crap.

Melons are overrated. Gravity always wins in the long run. I don't want to be involved in trying to get a nipple unstuck from a woman's zipper.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lara Logan Provides Comprehensive Baltimore Update: Experts in Behavioral Analytics, Counter-Terrorism, and National Security Analyze Recent Incident

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ive-baltimore-update-experts-behavioral/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Lara Logan Provides Comprehensive Baltimore Update: Experts in Behavioral Analytics, Counter-Terrorism, and National Security Analyze Recent Incident

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ive-baltimore-update-experts-behavioral/

She is retarded.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/lara-logan-francis-scott-key-bridge-collapse-everyone/

- “this is a brilliant, well-planned strategic attack on one of the most important supply chains in the United States of America. The only other one is in the Western side in California. That’s the only one that’s busier. And what you have done, you now have shut it down.”

No. Baltimore is the 18th-busiest port in the U.S.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ports_in_the_United_States

- “Everything that you need for your economy to move has literally just been shut down for 4-5 years.”

No. They will clear the channel in months if not weeks for port traffic. The only longer issue will be vehicle traffic will have to take alternate, more-congested, routes until the bridge is rebuilt.

Those things alone show clearly that she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
She's full of crap.

Melons are overrated. Gravity always wins in the long run. I don't want to be involved in trying to get a nipple unstuck from a woman's zipper.
Yet has no trouble saving a stuck cock from a gay guy's zipper with just his teeth!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Per NTSB

12:39 DALI departs Seagirt Marine Terminal
01:07 DALI enters shipping channel
01:24 DALI traveling at 8 knots
01:24:59 audible alarms sound, VDR ceases sensor data recording, audio only
01:26:02 VDR resumes sensor data and audio recording
01:26:39 ship pilot makes VHF call for tugs in vicinity to assist (first indication of needing help)
01:27:04 pilot orders DALI to drop port anchor and additional steering commands
01:27:25 pilot issues VHF radio call that DALI has lost all power and approaching the bridge. MDTA orders bridge closed
01:29 DALI traveling at just under 7 knots
01:29-01:29:33 sounds consistent with hitting bridge
01:29:39 pilot reports bridge down to USCG

This all took place in a span of two minutes Not sure if the video was sped up or not but it’s about 40 seconds from when power goes out and they hit the bridge.

Must be one hell of a crew to deploy an anchor in 2 minutes off a mega freighter.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
If it wasn't intentional I think they are going to find inadequate maintenance and required testing. And or incompetence of crew. All of the lights should not have gone out because main generator shut down. Emergency lighting and Nav lights should have stayed lit on emergency power Which would be a battery bank until Emergency / backup generator starts.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM

He actually had some valid questions.

The more I watch the video and think about it, the more curious I get.

Those pilots make 700k a year btw.

He had ZERO "valid" questions.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (219DW, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 52 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,287
Posts18,505,178
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.