Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Knowing the ship's momentum too enormous to reverse, why did they not hold steady course? When power was restored, why did they not power up on a safe heading - knowing reverse could not save the day? No headway, no steerage. But, what do I know? Holiday Express was full last night.....

You should have started with "but what do I know" and quit.

You should just STFU

A wise man is frequently humbled.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Knowing the ship's momentum too enormous to reverse, why did they not hold steady course? When power was restored, why did they not power up on a safe heading - knowing reverse could not save the day? No headway, no steerage. But, what do I know? Holiday Express was full last night.....

You should have started with "but what do I know" and quit.

He actually had some valid questions.

The more I watch the video and think about it, the more curious I get.

Those pilots make 700k a year btw.

700K a year? Why would you even TRY to pass on such BS that can be checked so easily?

https://www.salary.com/research/salary/posting/harbor-pilot-salary/baltimore-md

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oooooh Refer Boy is "ascared."Paranoia of the truth. Go back to puffing Colorado.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Probably the only man who can really tell the story has not been publicly heard from yet....that would be the chief engineer, and maybe his first officer.
I cannot imagine the pressure he must be under...liability claims, insurance underwriters, NTSB, Maersk, USCG, owners, battalions of lawyers...Jeffery Epstein had it easy.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Probably the only man who can really tell the story has not been publicly heard from yet....that would be the chief engineer, and maybe his first officer.
I cannot imagine the pressure he must be under...liability claims, insurance underwriters, NTSB, Maersk, USCG, owners, battalions of lawyers...Jeffery Epstein had it easy.

The NTSB has interviewed the ship’s captain, his mate, the chief engineer, and one other engineer, according to NTSB Chair, Jennifer Homendy. The two pilots are to be interviewed today.

IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lloyd's carries several Billion Dollar policies with the Singapore Registered Carrier. (Reported)

Why was Joey out there saying the American Taxpayers will foot the bill?

Dementia? Stupidity? Freudian slip?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by rte

She's wacked

I-94 ?????

Not good with geography and road systems..
And didn't she say Baltimore river...?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAM
Lloyd's carries several Billion Dollar policies with the Singapore Registered Carrier. (Reported)

Not a fan of Biden, but I think it's important to get the bridge back up ASAP. If the U.S. pays for it, to make it happen more quickly, they can recover the funds from Lloyd's when that process is complete.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAM

Because by the time Lloyd's pays - everyone on this forum will be dead and buried. US gov gets it rolling/pays now because this is a fairly important port. When the insurance checks come in finally - they're turned over to the government.

It's in the nation's interest to expedite the clearing and rebuild. Waiting on a lengthy insurance process of assigning blame isn't recommended.

The Lloyd's insurance covers the boat and what it hit. Shared insurance covers the cargo. The insurance companies for all the BCO's and the ship owner will argue over what % of clean up was due to cargo, what % was due to ship. Then they're all going to discuss if the owner or the operator of the boat is at fault or does the charter company (Maersk) bear responsibility. Do the Baltimore Port Pilots? - all of those competing insurance companies will argue about this for the next 10 years+

Baltimore needs the port open now.

Honestly - they should be asking the SeaBees for help as clearing this is WELL within their wheelhouse of skills.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal

Honestly - they should be asking the SeaBees for help as clearing this is WELL within their wheelhouse of skills.

Exactly, get the harbor opened back up, asap.

Had this have happened in China the lanes would most likely be open by Monday[at the latest].

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Teal

Exactly, get the harbor opened back up, asap.

Had this have happened in China the lanes would most likely be open by Monday[at the latest].

I assume tho - we're operating a little slower to recover bodies. China wouldn't, they'd dynamite the thing and go. I get that. But you ARE talking about tons of metal, debris in what, 45 feet of water and a monster current. Plus it's not like that debris and metal is there like legos and will come apart easily. It's a pile of work for sure.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Reports I heard this AM was that the powers have moved to 'removal' today[bridge, not bodies].

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
5 OSHA monitors for each man working....

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RAM

LOL! Because it is True! The Money Changers want that loan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Melons are overrated.

You must be a Coast Guard guy...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Oooooh Refer Boy is "ascared."Paranoia of the truth. Go back to puffing Colorado.

LOL scared of what, dipshìt? A numbnuts like you who can't even spell? A dipshìt who thinks the insurer is already writing a check for an amount that's currently unknown?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't know beans about the Seabees...but I know something about marine construction...I would opt for the biggest marine construction contractor in the Chesapeake, with the most heavy lift capability...and offer them a time contingent bonus contract and get out of the f...king way. Done.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I suspect a tech guy that knows the software for the ships control system could extract the events as they happened in an hour or less. Most industrial and safety systems run a historian. Government might not think to approach it from that angle though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either an..

1. Act of terrorism

2. Accident

3. Act of war

Prove one, show evidence.. not might have been, could have been circumstantial BS.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is it true the ship was loaded with toxic waste. They said something about that on the news last night. My 10 year old daughter was watching with me and said if that boat was full of toxic waste it was probably crashed by some bad guys on purpose.

Probably just an accident but I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear it was deliberate sabotage. Imaging the damage a bunch of bad actors could do to our infrastructure if we were stupid enough to let a bunch of unvetted people in. But, no one in the world wants to destroy our country as much as the democrats do.

Bb

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 40 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,223
Posts18,504,259
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.