Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
M&P Shield single stack
I got the performance center version

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked up a sccy cuz the price was really good. Trigger is a complete piece of dog shidt but decided to go shoot my sig228 and 320 and compare with the sccy.

I was actually impressed for such a cheap gun. I've shot it quite a bit and comparared to the sigs, I'd say FTF's were about equivalent. The whole trigger thing will stop me from carrying it so just for popping paper.

If I need something small, I'll grab my 642

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I used to have a Kahr PM9. It was reliable, but I didn't like the long trigger pull. I now carry a Sig P365 because for me it's much more shootable. I also have a Glock 26, which is certainly reliable, but is a bit larger than the P365 and slightly more difficult for me to shoot well.

I think the important question is: what is the smallest 9mm that you can shoot well? It doesn't matter if it's the smallest if you can't shoot it quickly and accurately under stress.

Full sized guns are much easier to shoot than little ones. I shoot IDPA and other gun games, and my IDPA scores with a Sig P320 X5 Legion are quite a bit better than my scores with a P365 on the same course of fire. This is true for most people, and that's why cops shoot duty sized guns.

Small guns are nice to carry, but you do pay some penalty in speed and accuracy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Probably been said already, but worth repeating, small enough and reliable qualifies many pistols that will always go bang. That's easy to find. big enough to still handle reliably enough to hit accurately is much more important. the M&P Shield Plus! Glock 43x, Glock 48, Taurus G3, Sig 365, original Shield, etc. are also possible candidates, depending on individual hand size.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No argument there, bowmanh & Crash Pad. I can shoot the CM9 pretty good, probably because I have years of experience with the Kahr line. But I shoot the Shield Plus better, even though it's pretty new to me. And that's still a pretty small pistol.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ruger Max 9
m&p shield 9 single stack
hellcat Pro

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton

Ruger Max 9
hellcat Pro

I can not criticize those guns, but is that a fanny pack? Nobody carries those anymore, new trend is crossover bag, chest sling bag,.... Pick something "Square Head" would carry: The North Face, L.L. Bean, Patagonia,..... these do not look suspicious even to police who pay attention to stuff like that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Slavek

Ruger Max 9
hellcat Pro

I can not criticize those guns, but is that a fanny pack? Nobody carries those anymore, new trend is crossover bag, chest sling bag,.... Pick something "Square Head" would carry: The North Face, L.L. Bean, Patagonia,..... these do not look suspicious even to police who pay attention to stuff like that.

lol no , mo fanny pack ... that's the range bag that came with the hellcat Pro value kit or whatever they called it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The smallest reliable 9mm I ever owned was a PM9. Actually I've owned three over the years and each was 100% reliable. Now, the smallest reliable 9mms I own are Hellcats and P365s. I've owned multiple of each, still do, and they've all been 100% reliable. I would love to be able to put that Kahr trigger in every pistol I own.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I am always looking for a good sub-compact 9mm.

I carry a G19 most of the time but I shoot a HK VP9SK even better but I consider them compacts, not sub-compact. I have considered a 43X but am watching this to see what other’s experiences prove as the best sub-compact. The micro Kimbers are intriguing but don’t sound 💯 reliable.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have to try the XL, I shot the Macro yesterday, and I like the grip frame on the original P365 better, and I shoot it better. Plus you cannot put the macro in your pocket! I think my next step would be the xl for holster carry.

When I first read your post (specifically that you shot the original P365 better) I really wondered about that. It is a such small handgun. Yesterday my brother in law and I took a few handguns to the range. I really thought the 43X was going to be the winner. I shot it ok. Then I shot a P365 and it was noticeably better.

Then my brother in law pulled out a P365XL and said try this. It did have a Romeo Zero on it. Wow. (Ok: disclaimer. I like shooting handguns but I don’t shoot them more than a few times a year). With the other two pistols I had an acceptable group, with the XL I pretty much had a ragged somewhat elongated hole.

I need a lot more practice, I know that but I really liked the XL. Pretty much what you said. I’ll keep my P365 for pocket carry and buy the XL for holster carry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

Ruger Max 9
hellcat Pro

Nobody here cares what police notice. And waste packs are still common. You never fail to amuse.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RHClark
What current production or at least readily available 9mm is the smallest and most reliable?
P365 and G43 are probably the two top sellers.
And I would equate that to the best two.
If you're in the market, best thing to do is to go to a range that rents and do a try out.
Don't buy based on the "gun store fondle".

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 31 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,354
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.