Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’ve looked at them a bit here and there, just for fun since we have no restrictions here. I prefer a barrel longer than 16” since I won’t supress it, though it seems you get at most about 100fps with a longer one. I’d consider the Franchi Momentum, the RAR, the Howa, and probably a Savage. If you don’t rule out single-shots, the CVA Scout looks to be a bargain, though I don’t know offhand if it’s threaded. I like the Henrys too, but they aren’t stocked for convenient scope use.

My CVA Scout is threaded, fluted , ss with ambidextrous cheek rests and wears a 3x9x40 Trijicon with the triangle iridium illumination.

Great for use in our primitive arms seasons.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I picked up a Weatherby Vanguard (Howa) in .350 Legend for my wife. Taint half bad.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The winchester xpr checked the boxes for what I wanted in a 350L bolt gun. I have only killed 3 deer but all three at over 180 yard. Two large bucks and a doe. All in Ohio. I was really surprised how much I like the rifle. I ordered it with some reservations as I usually shoot higher priced rifles. It isnt swiss time piece quality but dang it sure is a nice little rifle for the money. Very happy with mine. My cousin from Ohio shoots one as well. He really likes his as well.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RicG
I picked up a Weatherby Vanguard (Howa) in .350 Legend for my wife. Taint half bad.

I like the heft and handling of the 20" barreled Vanguard as well. Haven't shot it yet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Have any of you guys killed with the 170gr Barnes TSX yet? Really wondering how it does compared to my 7.62x39 with monos.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Does anyone have a Ruger American or Howa Mini in .350 Legend? Does it cycle and feed like it should?

Seems like it'd feed quite well being a straight wall cartridge with minimal rim.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
CDNN has the Ruger 77 Scout rifle in 350 Legend for $799. Uses AICS mags. Includes a cheap scope. Just a few left. Free shipping.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Dan In Alaska,

It will get worse as carbon builds up and starts to cover the already too small openings to allow gas to flow.

These may help....without the actual rifle laying here.

step 1.

You have a gas issue in the upper at the gas block.
Pull the upper off the lower.
Remove the handguard....go slow.
Put a wooden "V" block under the gas block. Go slow. ok.
Hammer out the roll pins with appropriate sized punches OR unscrew the screws under the gas block....it will depend on what they used at assembly. ok.
Get the block off. and check your port diameter under the block.
Check the gas block itself and see if the port in the block is open or a burr is in the way.
Check the connection from the gas tube to the block...drive out the pin for the gas tube. check the tube. ok.
Use an appropriate drill bit to smooth the openings of the gas tube and the block if reachable and the especially the port.
Reassemble.

Step 2.
Check the gas key on the top of the bolt carrier re-stake the gas key bolts if needed.
Check and make sure the gas tube is the correct length. Why? Because as the bolt carrier moves rearward the SHORTer gas tube will bleed off gas faster causing feeding issues.

Compounding both step 1 and 2 will lead to your feeding issues.

I hope I am not telling you something you already know or have tried.

Best
Heavy

Last edited by HeavyDove; 04/17/24.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HeavyDove
I hope I am not telling you something you already know or have tried.
Thank you for the info. I have not tried tinkering with or looking at the gas ports/gas block/gas tube. Sometimes it won't correctly feed the first round out of the magazine, just closing the bolt. I never really investigated for gas issues, when it still doesn't reliably feed from scratch.

That being said, I would still like to get a .350L bolt gun for launching 250gr Sub-X bullets through a suppressor. That sure seems like it would be a good time!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a cheap radical ar that's a little under gassed and doesn't function with the cheap 145g fmj loads. It runs great with my reloads and heavier factory ammo. I could probably drill the port a little bigger and be fine but I'm already gathering parts for a nicer aero m4 build.

I've ended up liking the cartridge quite a bit and have thought about getting a bolt gun too. It'd be about perfect for my 200g fn cast PC bullets I made for my 358 win.

Someone on here recommended I get a win xpr for a bolt gun. I think they live where straight wall rounds are required and had a good amount of experience with 350 bolt guns. They highly recommend the win xpr but I've been more interested in a howa mini.

Bb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,046
Posts18,482,225
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.