Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe we need to relitigate the Exxon Valdez oil spill. How could that have possibly been an accident. The 3rd mate had an 11 mile wide channel. Maybe he was working for the Russians. There are still a few leftover Russians in Alaska.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Funny how it hit in the only spot that would guarantee to drop the bridge in one of the biggest ports in our country. Alot of coincidences dont you think?

I think it could have hit other columns that would have collapsed the bridge.

Aside from that, the odds of any one single ship doing that during a single port call is quite low.

However, there are about 350,000 large ship port calls per year at the larger U.S. port combined.

That's around 14,000,000 over a 40-year period. So, the chances of something going really wrong once or more-than once in 14,000,000 opportunities is not that low.
Very true

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pugs
Having worked in SIGINT/Cyber for 25 years (offense and defense) - this isn't how a cyber attack would be executed on a ship. There are better ways in different places with far more long term consequences, especially if coordinated with other infrastructure. With the LOE they're putting at it the port will be back in operation pretty quickly. A new bridge? Who knows but there are at least two alternatives.

This was simply a poorly maintained ship that suffered an engineering failure at a very bad time.

This is what's there as of yesterday.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
99.999% correct.... Well, maybe 100. laugh laugh

Added: I recall the USS Sperry taking out half of a highway on the Columbia River circa '66 when they lost steering and the bow ended up on the centerline of the highway.. A year later, the SAME ship lost steering again at the SAME spot but recovered in time to avoid another beaching.. Lots of spooked sailors on that ship after that.. laugh

Last edited by Redneck; 04/02/24.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It seems to me that there is some VERY WELL FOUNDED skepticism on display here, and nothing more. Nothing worth arguing over. Even the left knows the govt isn't honest, so I'm not sure why that's debatable?

If the govt had earned our trust, as they used to, decades ago, we wouldn't have this discussion at all would we?

Let's just say, shipwreck aside, the govt has earned all our mistrust and more. Individual people long since retired may or may not have intel that helps clarify events, but that's secondary to the real issue, which is Americans current distrust of our govt.

Not arguing (or at least I'm not) the mistrust in the government at all. I'm just disputing the physical aspect of "cyber attack" on a third world diesel scow with basic technology. I would believe a deliberate action by a crew member (s) as more plausible, but even then. Cyberattack is pure idiocy in this case

Anyone who thinks this was a cyber-attack needs to take this as a sign of total lack of critical thinking skills.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
GC,
Everyone with experience in this space, Rocky, Jorge, Pugs, and myself all agree. This was not a cyber attack.
Thank you for that. That was my only intention was for discussion. I didnt mean this to turn angry. Im just looking for info is all.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Reading and watching more and more people stating that is was most certainly a cyber attack. Still dont quite know what to believe

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.

That seems to be more relevant with life every day my friend. Don't trust anything you hear or see and question everything. It's easy to believe many things none of us would have a few years ago with all the weird and downright unthinkable things taking place.

Also after seeing all the post made on this forum supporting the covid shot by the "experts" should have taught us all to NOT trust much of anything that comes from here.
Great post and thank you

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
GC,
Everyone with experience in this space, Rocky, Jorge, Pugs, and myself all agree. This was not a cyber attack.
Thank you for that. That was my only intention was for discussion. I didnt mean this to turn angry. Im just looking for info is all.

Where did AS say what you quoted?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Gunchamp, I didn't say you believed this idiot theory. I said you heard it and repeated it. Which you obviously did.

What you believe is irrelevant. What counts is that you became one of the mindless who can't help repeating something you know nothing about and have zero evidence for.
Post of the year!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate the last couple pages, as there was good discussion from guys with experience, rather than just name calling and flaming. All I am looking for on this one is info. I started the discussion by saying that more and more videos are surfacing, stating that it was cyber attack related, because there are. I was hoping to get some good info and different point of views, because the fire is full of alot of knowledgeable folks. Thanks to those who provided that

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jcubed
GC,

Page 3, roughly half way down

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by steve4102
The Ship, With Multiple Backups, Never Should Have Lost Steering

Video

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/ship-multiple-backups-never-should-have-lost-steering/

And with all their back ups, airliners should never crash.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
GC,

Missed that, thanks!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Ship is named Dali and hires a Ukrainian captain in January. 5 years after Q says Bridge the Dali takes out the Bridge and Salvadore Dali had a famous painting named The Broken Bridge.

2 weeks before this Trump said we would experience deep state attacks.

Pure Quincidence.

Pure delusional troll at work.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GC,

Missed that, thanks!
No problem

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
GC,

GC,

The ocean is a brutal place, and people and machines are less perfect than we'd like to believe. Here's an interesting historical event to add context to things at sea can go wrong in what seems like impossible ways:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Funny how it hit in the only spot that would guarantee to drop the bridge in one of the biggest ports in our country. Alot of coincidences dont you think?

I think it could have hit other columns that would have collapsed the bridge.

Aside from that, the odds of any one single ship doing that during a single port call is quite low.

However, there are about 350,000 large ship port calls per year at the larger U.S. port combined.

That's around 14,000,000 over a 40-year period. So, the chances of something going really wrong once or more-than once in 14,000,000 opportunities is not that low.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by steve4102
The Ship, With Multiple Backups, Never Should Have Lost Steering

Video

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/ship-multiple-backups-never-should-have-lost-steering/

"Should" being the operative word. I personally experienced loss of steering whilst conning USS John F. Kennedy (CV 67) during and U/W replenishment. It happens and on a civilian, profit driven, third world scow, "should" becomes even more plausible.

Dammit Men.

Stop trying to making sense here. Worse yet, you seem to be making attempts to instill it in others.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
gunchamp, you've stated your intentions quite plainly and I understand the need to discuss these things.

Perhaps in the future, when questioning and starting a debate of sorts, you post a reliable video of the opposing view. It might relieve some folks thoughts that you are espousing a certain point of view.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Some folks just can't accept the fact that there are times when "stuff" just happens...

1980 Sunshine Skyway Bridge tragedy
video posted to YouTube on Mar 26, 2024

"The shocking collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore early Tuesday morning gives people in the Bay Area some frightening flashbacks to another disaster."

YouTube channel: FOX 13 Tampa Bay

Cheers! smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Add 'em all up and it's a wonder that more bridges don't have an "incident" nearly every day.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/190386/number-of-road-bridges-in-the-united-states/

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GC,

Don't forget Buzz and Jag

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22250rem, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.