Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Eli has a new challenge up on the Day At The Range website with some little easter eggs on it. I'm trying to get it to print and hope to shoot it this weekend if the wind will settle down...

Last edited by CamNWIA; 04/03/24.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CamNWIA
Eli has a new challenge up on the Day At The Range website with some little easter eggs on it. I'm trying to get it to print and hope to shoot it this weekend if the wind will settle down...

Thanks buddy. It's nice to see some of you guys may shoot these challenges. Did you happen to try the st. Patrick's day challenge?

I shot the little easter eggs yesterday, but have not submitted the target yet, because it's the original target that he sent out. It's smaller than the one he shot in his video. I also ran out of ink a while back, so I had to print it in black and white!! Those damn eggs are hard to see in b&w. I had to have a target at the bench with me, so I didn't screw up and accidentally shoot a flower.

I don't know if I want to start a new thread on this challenge here, as I don't know if guys are interested in these fun shoots??? I'll share my results with you though:

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 that I put together. Have $474.00 into it (sans the scope):
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Target, as it was stapled to the backer board at the 50 yard rimfire range:

Scored target, with info on it:
Missed that one little tiny bastid in the center. That one is like threading a needle. Especially on the small target I printed out. As you can see, the rifle is pretty dialed in. Didn't measure the 5 shot group, but imagine it's in the .2's..

Let's Zoom in on the target, to make sure I didn't hit 2 eggs with one shot:
That target may actually score a 16, since I grazed the bigger egg, next to the small one I missed. As per Eli's rules, I believe that is a deduction of 2 points. No point for the big egg that I hit clean, and subtract 1 point for hitting it with a second shot!!! Dang.. I always try to keep this schidt honest. Afterall, that is what it should be about. Keeping it honest, and having fun at the range!!!!!

These are fun shoots. One of the reasons I post them is because guys complain about shooting groups. This is a little different, as you actually have to hit what you are aiming at. Eli puts out some great challenges. I've been bugging him about starting some centerfire shoots as well. He was talking about maybe doing some sort of shoot with his AR10. Now, that would be cool..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.