Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just reloaded the 800 yard target, that I shot with my 284 Winchester. Hopefully it works
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xphunter
Just reloaded the 800 yard target, that I shot with my 284 Winchester. Hopefully it works

Ya gotta love that!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Ya gotta love that!

Yes!
Days with conditions like that don't happen every day.
Yep, and I am shooting my 284 Winchester F-Open rifle, that I used for the Nationals and the worlds, when the US hosted the worlds down at the Whittington Center outside of Raton. I just noticed I was wearing the cap from that match.
Seb flew in from Indonesia. He shot TR and I shot Open, and then I also was invited to be a member of TR team, so I shot TR (308 Winchester) for the team match.
That was the first time I had ever compete with a rifle.
Erik Cortina and some other guys asked me why I wasn't shooting with one of my XP-100's...My answer was, "It is not legal. It has to be a shoulder fired weapon."
I had a lot of fun, and got to meet a lot of great men and women!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ya gotta love that!

Yes!
Yep, and I am shooting my 284 Winchester F-Open rifle, that I used for the Nationals and the worlds, when the US hosted the worlds down at the Whittington Center outside of Raton. I just noticed I was wearing the cap from that match.
Seb flew in from Indonesia. He shot TR and I shot Open, and then I also was invited to be a member of TR team, so I shot TR (308 Winchester) for the team match.
Erik Cortina and some other guys asked me why I wasn't shooting with one of my XP-100's...My answer was, "It is not legal. It has to be a shoulder fired weapon."
For those not aware, an F/O target has a 1MOA bull, and a 1/2 MOA Vbull, regardless of the range.
Max 22 pound rifle with anything attached .It is much harder to put 10 or 15 into the VBull than some people on the internet say it is!
That is some tight shooting xphunter!
How did you make out with the TR rifle , that is what I shoot :>)
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, I have filmed a few of them...Beyond a shadow of a doubt
People want proof that guys who hunt at distance shoot from the prone.
It is quite common around here.
Someone gives proof...Oh you are grandstanding Ha! You gotta love it!
It is quite evident, even when someone responds to a comment with evidence, you will find a way to tear it down or attempt to negate it.

Never hunted with anyone who had a camera with them...Does your phone have a camera or video in it???

Even though you are irritating, I have more pity for you than anything else.
If this is your public posture, I don't even want to know how dark your heart is.
I hope your day is much better than your words.
Not much point carrying a phone into places with no cell service. I got all the proof of my marksmanship abilities I needed on the firing lines of the many local, state and regional competitions I participated in.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Good for you BH

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by catnthehat

Ya gotta love that!

Yes!
For those not aware, an F/O target has a 1MOA bull, and a 1/2 MOA Vbull, regardless of the range.
Max 22 pound rifle with anything attached .It is much harder to put 10 or 15 into the VBull than some people on the internet say it is!
That is some tight shooting xphunter!
How did you make out with the TR rifle , that is what I shoot :>)
Cat

Cat,
It is the only time I have shot F-Class (weekends are busy for me typically). Truth be known, I was more nervous about scoring someone wrong and not being fast enough in the pits.
I had never done either of these things before. I was fortunate to have an experienced shooter the first day (Jason is a TR Shooter-He is also now a SEB dealer in Australia), and he helped with scoring and the pits.
My goal before we got there for open was to shoot clean. My first day I made several rookie mistakes in one relay, doing three things wrong. Once I got that out of my system, things got better. On the the second morning, my cold bore shot at a grand was a "X". I should have sent a confirming shot (Another X) and went to record score. By the time I started I still shot good = Clean 6X. I made my goal-I was ecstatic.
We ran Sightron S-III's on both rifles. Open was the 8-32, and the TR was the 10-50.
They accidentally placed our TR team with the Open teams, so it took us awhile to find our scores. I don't remember our team score, but our captain told us we beat the Team USA #2.

Pic of the rifle while doing some 100 yard load development (didn't use this scope for the match)
Dan did some load development for Seb several years ago, as Seb was coming over for the SWN (South West Nationals), to shoot TR, and here was his 5-round group at 600 yards with a called flyer.
200.20X/Varget

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It was bitter cold (Sub Zero) when Dan was doing the load development with the 200.20X Berger's a little over 4 years ago.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OH DANG! When you said "TR" I thought you meant " target rifle " ( irons'n'sling) NOT " F/TR" ( 18 pounds and either .223 or 308) LOL
Sorry for my confusion !Sounds like you had a heckuva time in any case!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
OH DANG! When you said "TR" I thought you meant " target rifle " ( irons'n'sling) NOT " F/TR" ( 18 pounds and either .223 or 308) LOL
Cat

I should have said F-TR...I was being lazy I guess with my typing. The good ole 3-O-Late or is it the 3-O-Wait grin

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by sherm_61
I've never personally seen anybody shoot at game from a prone position in my life and I've seen a lot of game killed by a lot of people. Varmints yes but game never.
That answers you bagging on LR hunters, kinda hard to shoot prone with a bow or in the brush.
I wouldn't consider someone a good game shot if they couldn't at least consistently hit milk jugs off hand from 100 yards.
You keep moving the goal posts to fit your narrative.
You obviously never have been around LR shooting at all
LOL. Obviously you wouldn't qualify under my criteria of a good game shot for our hunting conditions here. The trouble with you Westerners is that you think the world revolves around you and your conditions when it comes to hunting.
I hope all you easterners are not like you because nobody measures up to you besides you LMAO

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Long Range HUNTING:

Range - degrades accuracy Exponentially.

A Hunter - always tries to get closer.

They are not shooting back at you, so you don't need that defensive position.

Get closer.

Long Range Hunting - is a bastard mutation of long range shooting.

Swapping paper for live animals carries a responsibility Long Range Hunters neglect.

Case in point:

Originally Posted by XXX
My boss keeps a ledger board for all the big game kilt on the ranch....

... He was so wanting the new ranch record, that he didn't score until the last week of our damage season, passing up lottsa does every weekend less than my 850. But it worked out good for him the other day. The wind was way less than saturday, and the goats moved into a pasture that allowed him a longer poke. 952 yards prone from a bipod, but the wind bit him just a little. Spined her just in front of the hips while trying to slip one behind her shoulder, but it all worked out for him. Congats, Cortland. You earned it, kid.....

They have a screw loose.

One can possibly excuse a bad shot due to poor Marksmanship.

One should not excuse a bad shot due to poor choices.

GR

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've never personally seen anybody shoot at game from a prone position in my life and I've seen a lot of game killed by a lot of people. Varmints yes but game never.
That answers you bagging on LR hunters, kinda hard to shoot prone with a bow or in the brush.
I wouldn't consider someone a good game shot if they couldn't at least consistently hit milk jugs off hand from 100 yards.
You keep moving the goal posts to fit your narrative.
You obviously never have been around LR shooting at all
LOL. Obviously you wouldn't qualify under my criteria of a good game shot for our hunting conditions here. The trouble with you Westerners is that you think the world revolves around you and your conditions when it comes to hunting.
I hope all you easterners are not like you because nobody measures up to you besides you LMAO
You fuucktards only judge how accomplished a marksman/hunter is by how far they can shoot. I don't think you're much of a hunter if you regularly have to shoot far or much of a marksman if you have to be prone with rest and/or use a bipod to hit anything.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well fuggtard when you can't see past 50 yards its pretty easy to shoot free hand BUT you wouldn't know anything about hunting the praires or above timberline.
Please tell us about all your 5,6,7,8,9,10,000 feet hunting experiences in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Nevada and you shot all kinds of [bleep] free hand.

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/12/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For somebody who hates LR hunting you sure spend alot time on this thread, trying to learn something I suspect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Garandimal
A Hunter - always tries to get closer

GR

I guess I'm not a hunter. I take the first legal animal at the range I find it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Well fuggtard when you can't see past 50 yards its pretty easy to shoot free hand BUT you wouldn't know anything about hunting the praires or above timberline.
Please tell us about all your 5,6,7,8,9,10,000 feet hunting experiences in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Nevada.
I hunted a shotgun zone that was open farm land with huge crop fields for many years. This was back in the days before rifled barrels and sabot slugs and I still killed multiple deer every season. Sure I saw deer that were beyond the capabilities of my smooth bore and rifled slugs. I learned to hunt and filled multiple tags every year anyway. Later I hunted a couple farms that offered longer shots in the rifle zone. While hunting there I killed several deer between 300 and 440 yards. One at just over 300 was with iron sights so maybe I can shoot a little past 50 yards if I want to. Anymore I just don't have a need to shoot very far and don't really want to. I haven't taken a shot over 300 yards in almost 30 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cat

I should have said F-TR...I was being lazy I guess with my typing. The good ole 3-O-Late or is it the 3-O-Wait grin

That would be the 3-0-GREAT! wink

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For somebody who hates LR hunting you sure spend alot time on this thread, trying to learn something I suspect.

Were you really responding to MontanaMarine here?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I think it had to be a factory rifle, didn't it?

LOL.

Why?
I think the Backfire challenge required a factory rifle

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.