Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
LOL!

Nope, no "lol's" to be had, you cutt-throat little bit ch.

I don't mind a spinless btch slumping to your low in the new York times or some sht. But a treasonous jab from within the ranks, thats a no go(former or active military). You know better, and you will do better.

I'd LOVE to know your name. I lived with and worked for blackwater on camp Buckmaster for almost six months. These boys didn't have to follow ANY rules of war.

Youd NEVER see me sht on a single one of them and they did some queationable things. When I frantically called for a QRF over the radio, in fear for my life, those Blackwater boys were the first out the gate to my construction site.

No matter how many faults any of these ex military guys had, I am forever thankful for what they were willing to do. No matter who sh it on them in the press.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/08/24.
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Eric Prince got treated really bad by the Obummer cabal.

They used those guys to do some off script dirty deeds, then threw them under the bus.

You need’em when you need’em, then when you don’t, just sweep them out with the trash.

But, those kinda guys don’t forget. I don’t either.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Neither do many, many of us Sir!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Eric Prince got treated really bad by the Obummer cabal.

They used those guys to do some off script dirty deeds, then threw them under the bus.

You need’em when you need’em, then when you don’t, just sweep them out with the trash.

But, those kinda guys don’t forget. I don’t either.

DF
I'd have to agree. Unfortunately many politicians operate this way.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
LOL!

I don't mind a spinless btch slumping to your low in the new York times or some sht. But a treasonous jab from within the ranks, thats a no go(former or active military). You know better, and you will do better.

I'd LOVE to know your name. I lived with and worked for blackwater on camp Buckmaster for almost six months. These boys didn't have to follow ANY rules of war.

Youd NEVER see me sht on a single one of them and they did some queationable things. When I frantically called for a QRF over the radio, in fear for my life, those Blackwater boys were the first out the gate to my construction site.

No matter how many faults any of these ex military guys had, I am forever thankful for what they were willing to do. No matter who sh it on them in the press.

No.
Just because someone dons the uniform, that doesn't give them an excuse to do reprehensible stuff and get away with it. That's why the UCMJ is in place.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mainer is 100% right.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Mainer is 100% right.

Yep, for sure.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's just a shame that some of these "news" reporters aren't convicted for treason and executed themselves.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
It's just a shame that some of these "news" reporters aren't convicted for treason and executed themselves.
That’s the price we pay for a free country. There’s no law against ignorance and stupidity. It’s their right to be ignorant and stupid.

So, it’s up to us to sort thru the gaslighting and B.S., call’em out as necessary, set the standard and move on.

DF

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
On a different note. Because of curiosity from reading this thread I bought a copy of Game Bird Shooting, the Sr Askins’ 1931 book.

It was a fantastic read, tales of a simpler time and much of it taking place near my home area. Certainly worth every penny of the $8 I gave for it on EBay.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by TheKid
On a different note. Because of curiosity from reading this thread I bought a copy of Game Bird Shooting, the Sr Askins’ 1931 book.

It was a fantastic read, tales of a simpler time and much of it taking place near my home area. Certainly worth every penny of the $8 I gave for it on EBay.
I have that book and several others. Agree, it’s a good read and from a simpler time. You right about that.

The more I’ve learned about the Major, the more respect I have for him.

Quite a guy and quite an era.

DF

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, I've had a copy of that book for a while now, and enjoy rereading it every few years.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have two books by the Colonel. One The biography The Unrepentant Sinner. And anothr by the NRA. It is a book about rifles, reloading, and his wildcats and hunting. The biography is spotless. The book by the NRA is underlined. I would imagine that it is a series of reprints from the days the Colonel wrote for thr Rifleman. It is about his experience with various calibers, rifles, load data, and hunts, etc.

I am now selling of much of my stuff due to age and health.. If anyone would like to buy them both send me a PM. I think they should be worth near $100 if I pay the mailing. The Colonel was certainly quite a man. Evertime I go up to Camp Perry I look to where there is a picture of him taken as a National Pistol Champion. He is standing in his Border Patrol uniform with his campaign hat on.. Time hack the mid 1930's I'd think.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by swarf
I have two books by the Colonel. One The biography The Unrepentant Sinner. And anothr by the NRA. It is a book about rifles, reloading, and his wildcats and hunting. The biography is spotless. The book by the NRA is underlined. I would imagine that it is a series of reprints from the days the Colonel wrote for thr Rifleman. It is about his experience with various calibers, rifles, load data, and hunts, etc.

I am now selling of much of my stuff due to age and health.. If anyone would like to buy them both send me a PM. I think they should be worth near $100 if I pay the mailing. The Colonel was certainly quite a man. Evertime I go up to Camp Perry I look to where there is a picture of him taken as a National Pistol Champion. He is standing in his Border Patrol uniform with his campaign hat on.. Time hack the mid 1930's I'd think.
Yeah, the Col was a hoss of a dude. I agree with those who think he was born in the wrong century. Back in the 1800's, he would have been more in his element.

In todays Woke world, he'd probably be in jail. He wasn't too P.C., sure doesn't fit their narrative.

But, we owe a lot to those kinda guys, IMO. I know some will howl and disagree, but it is what it is.

Back when men were men and there was no pronoun or gender confusion. I'm old enough to remember, the current generation probably not so much.

To me you have to judge historical figures in the context of the time in which they lived. You can't go woke on George Washington, for instance. That shoe doesn't fit. He was an honorable man in his time and that's that.

The Cancel Culture crowd doesn't agree. But, I don't agree with them. They're Marxists, I'm not.

DF

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
LOL!

No.
Just because someone dons the uniform, that doesn't give them an excuse to do reprehensible stuff and get away with it. That's why the UCMJ is in place.

WRONG, as always.

You Prarie_twatt, blue-falcon mother fker. You obviously have zero experience with UCMJ proceedings.

No UCMJ proceeding, at any level, wouldve ever harmed Askins' career. Because he was effective and valuable. UCMJ proceedings can be swayed by the opinion of a single soldier.

I've waltzed in on a few of em, pointed at a worthless soldier and let the entire proceeding be aware that's the soldier is dirbag and can't deploy with my company. Kicked out, just like that.

Other times, I've waltzed in and let a UCMJ proceeding know that a particular soldier (who beat the sht out of a mouthy off-duty cop), was too valuable for our company to loose. That he needed help, and to be put on that deployment roster ASAP.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/10/24.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great read. Thanks..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I recommend "Asian Jungle - African Bush" by Colonel Charles Askins. Great stories of jungle hunting in South East Asia hunting buffalo and tiger. The Africa section is about his safaris.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
As an impressionable teen reading the articles he wrote he definitely left an impression on me. His swan song article in the American Rifleman where he told of quite a few of his killings was pretty telling of a wild life he had lived. There isn’t any way to excuse some of his deeds but that’s judging from our modern sensibilities. Ken Howell said a few things here before he unfortunately passed a few years ago that told another version the Col. that was hotly contested. Askins admitted he thought himself a psychopathic killer, might be true. Unrepentant Sinner went into details of many more instances. Going into Mexico and killing cattle rustlers, shooting Mexican immigrants under questionable circumstances, to just a few. He’s met his maker now which is probably good thing.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have UNREPENTANT SINNER

"not too grumpy"
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Quite a read !! I think, before we judge another, we must consider "time & circumstances". Being BLOODTHIRSTY is a survival instinct, at times!!!!

"not too grumpy"
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,905
Posts18,479,395
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.