Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just had two approved I submitted about a month ago, two different stores. Have a third submitted in January that's still pending??

Anyone else have any sitting un-approved that were submitted prior to something more recent that's been approved? I was told they'll typically process them in batches if you had more than one. Hopefully see the 1st one sometime soon (TBAC 7). Approved are TBAC 5 & TBAC 22 Takedown.

Kinda excited, just picked up a new short barreled 6.5 PRC last night that I told myself I wasn't going to bother with until the can came in.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure there's a cadence in how they're processing.

I know plenty of folks that have been waiting 6+ months, some 3 months and the local GS told me last week that everything he sent in on that Monday was approved same-week. crazy

One thing is for sure, once word has gotten out that the wait on approval times shrinking significantly, inventory at your LGS is going to be increasingly limited.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Took me 5 weeks start to finish.
I think it's funny how 3 or 4 years ago people went nuts and got suppressors and waited almost a year to get them and now technology is better and you wait a few weeks. Kinda make me glad I drug my feet. I've seen guys get them in a few days. May grab another.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got my 4th last week, first one took ten months, #2and 3 took several months, #4 took 2 days (that's after I completed the last of the submission paperwork), in all a couple of weeks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote10
I think it's funny how 3 or 4 years ago people went nuts and got suppressors and waited almost a year to get them and now technology is better and you wait a few weeks. Kinda make me glad I drug my feet. I've seen guys get them in a few days. May grab another.

Kinda make me glad I drug my feet.

Maybe, but I applied for my first in February and had it by hunting season, it would have just sat in my safe all summer anyway, and got to use it to hunt all fall so in my case, was happy to wait and have it when I needed it!

Last edited by 257Bob; 04/18/24.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's funny how 3 or 4 years ago people went nuts and got suppressors and waited almost a year to get them and now technology is better and you wait a few weeks. Kinda make me glad I drug my feet.

Could be that those folks have enjoyed the benefits of suppressors many years before you? 🤷🏼‍♂️😀

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
I think it's funny how 3 or 4 years ago people went nuts and got suppressors and waited almost a year to get them and now technology is better and you wait a few weeks. Kinda make me glad I drug my feet.

Could be that those folks have enjoyed the benefits of suppressors many years before you? 🤷🏼‍♂️😀

Exactly SKane! Fingers crossed for KS draw, hoping to pull a tag this year, suppressor needs a road trip!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked one up last week that look 7 weeks.

You ain't about that life.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SKane

Point taken. I'm only on my second year of suppressed firearms and I can tell you it's way worth it. But a buddy of mine has had them since day 1 and those things are heavy and not necessarily that great of a deal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I guarantee you guys that in a few years you'll go in and just buy one. Maybe not California, but I bet that'll happen. I think Texas is fixing to be OTC or maybe already is?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My last approval took 44 hours and 17 minutes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Anyone else have any sitting un-approved that were submitted prior to something more recent that's been approved?

Yes. One in December and one in January, both 2RP standardized trusts. Just had 2 filed as individual approved in 36 hours and will move those to the trust in a few weeks.

It isn't really a trust thing specifically. Those are still taking longer than individual but there are plenty of reports of 1RP standardized trust getting approved in a few days. Welcome change but this is the ATF screwing with people again, processing Forms submitted last week ahead of those submitted last year, probably to drive down their average wait time the fastest way possible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just curious, are any of you getting the quick turnaround doing them in a trust? I’ve heard those not in a trust are taking days to weeks, those in a trust still in the months.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hudge
Just curious, are any of you getting the quick turnaround doing them in a trust? I’ve heard those not in a trust are taking days to weeks, those in a trust still in the months.

SIlencerShop put a video up the other day saying they are getting trusts back in < 30 days. I saw a credible claim of one getting approved in 20 hours.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The folks I work with have been gettin 3 hour to 5 days for most individual filed. Trusts are still taking significantly longer from what they've said. I'll find out, putting in for one via trust on Saturday. Will report back when it comes through.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am waiting on approval for two since July 30th 2023

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine was done as an individual. Trusts offer no real benefit for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now the issue is availability.

You ain't about that life.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Mine took 5 days for approval. My brother's only took 3 days.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nice that most are going through so quick, but ridiculous that the backlog isn't being cleaned up first.

Our dealers shelves are pretty slim pickings as well. I can see myself getting one more can sometime down the road, which will be a .223 flow through design. Check book has to recover from this years purchases first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,060
Posts18,482,382
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.