-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hadn't thought much about why, but my waist belt also noticably hasn't kept cinched tight lately. I am constantly having to retighten it even with light loads. I thought maybe the waist belt was just stretching out. It is borderline too big for me and cinched tight has always been completely out of adjustment. The waist straps don't look worn but I could not know what to look for. I'll have to look closer at that tonight.

I don't mess with the load lifters much so I am sure they're fine.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You fellas must be superfly tnt, because I've only heard tales of kifaru being indestructible

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Own one of their tarpa, a 12 man tipi and two stoves, and two packs. Packs are nicely made but they don't carry weight any better than others I've used.

The big deal about Kifaru when I purchased it back when Patrick operated it was they stood behind their products. I'm not sure how it is today being that Patrick is not operating the company. I have an shelter that I need to send in and I suppose that I'll learn how CA is in the current time.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Must be a weak point. Looks like same as mine. Mine ripped with about a 90lb moose load, while standing up too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Don’t laugh at my dental floss field fix.

Having several packs rip at the same point due to heavy loads tells me there is a design flaw at that point. Aaron needs to put some backing behind those bar tacks or Kifaru will keep having the same issue if they already haven't. I'm no expert but have sewed up a a few homemade packs and gear and when you run a stitch back and forth over the same spot like a bar tack you can weaken the fabric at that point because of all the extra needle holes and tugging on fabric threads. Putting some backing inside the waste belt will help alleviate the issue.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I’m a ways out of the backpack game, but I had an issue with the customer service that sounds like a one-off but it had to do with their on-line inventory system and one of the gals telling me how theirs work “just like every other on-line system.” I cared to differ in that I expected the inventory to reflect accurately and keep up with items sold. To the point, I thought she was more than rude sounding like they just couldn’t possibly be wrong! Left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Then there is the ever changing design, just for the sake of crating a buzz leading to a “collector” mentality, often leaving good design features.

This year, they came out with a “new” frame that just happens to look like other’s offerings. Hmmm.

I have a couple younger friends that are always upgrading gear, and they swear by Initial Ascent’s packs. I have no idea of the owner or reps personality so no comment there. I did get a chance to look at their packs at a Sports Show in Boise (they’re relatively local). And they seemed very well made.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
12 years later and i’m still using an internal frame Timberline prototype that Aron gifted me. This pack has done it all.

I like guns | optics | fishing
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You want to haul a heavy load get a Barney’s pack, you want to swallow a heavy load get a kifaru

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Must be a weak point. Looks like same as mine. Mine ripped with about a 90lb moose load, while standing up too.

Don’t laugh at my dental floss field fix.

I just received a brand new waist belt yesterday. Kifaru couldn’t repair those stitches so they replaced the whole belt. It seems there may be fewer Molly loops on this newest version as my belt pockets don’t fit as they did on my old belt.

They only have Ranger Green now apparently, so my stuff isn’t goin to be so delightfully matching anymore.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 72 invisible), 3,042 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,109
Posts18,483,299
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.