Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Before the end, the Jews are going to wake up. In Rev, it talks about 144,000 Jews coming from all 12 tribes. It's been long debated whether this is a symbolic or actual number. Many Bible scholars think it means the entirely of the Jewish people. At any rate, there will be a bunch of them who wake up and realize that Jesus is the true messiah. They will be marked by God on the forehead, in contrast to those who have the mark of the beast, the evil one.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by antlers
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

The question I would propose is where does God and Christ dwell?
If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.
You do not have to look for him.He dwells in you and all around you . No need for a building of stone and wood.

Does it not say that God does NOT dwell Temples made by hands. So it does indicate that God does dwell in Temples and if it wasn't made by hands then what is it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bible’s not gonna contradict itself. It makes sense to use the clear texts to shed light on passages that are harder to understand, like the old testament prophecies. Whatever the meaning of a prophecy turns out to be, it won’t contradict what other clear passages in the Bible plainly teach.

God’s revelation to us is cumulative…it grows and unfolds over time…it seems wise to use the parts that came later to better understand what came earlier. The OT authors didn’t know who the Messiah would turn out to be or when He would come. And no one before the prophet Jeremiah had any idea that God was gonna make a New Covenant.

So should we be using the things revealed in the New Testament to properly interpret the old testament…? The NT is not gonna contradict the OT, but it does help to explain it.

The OT must be read in the light of the NT.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
God and the Holy Spirit are spirits. They're omnipresent - they're everywhere at once. How does a spirit 'dwell' anywhere? He is where he is.
When the Hebrews came out of Egypt, they'd spent 4 centuries in a polytheistic culture where there were gods of everything and they lived in various places. They knew only gods that had specific dwellings. It took them a long time to come to grips with a God who was pure spirit and who lived everywhere.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by K22
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

The question I would propose is where does God and Christ dwell?
If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.
You do not have to look for him.He dwells in you and all around you . No need for a building of stone and wood.

Does it not say that God does NOT dwell Temples made by hands. So it does indicate that God does dwell in Temples and if it wasn't made by hands then what is it?

It is each one of us.

Z
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Matthew 19:26

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I used to care.

Honestly I did, but after decades of watching the modern state of Israel bilk the US out of billions of dollars, and play their games a la Epstein I don’t anymore. Let them figure it out. I hold no special place in my heart for the European Jews that settled the modern secular state of Israel. Same as I feel towards the Vatican.

I believe church is people, and not fixed to a place. A beautiful glade in the woods where you feel close to god? That’s church too.

The rest is nonsense looking to take you for a ride and steal from you.
this

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Whether you like Jews or not, they're still God's chosen people. God says here that he will bless those who support them. The US has done so up to this point and we've been one of the great nations of the world. If (I should say 'when') we turn our backs on them, we'll have God's curse on us. People everywhere are turning away from Israel and look what's happening. Europe is falling to the Muslims and this country is corrupt and bowing to the deviants. Only bad will come out of this. Before the end, the entire world will be against Israel and this world will be ruled by Satan himself in the person of the anti-christ. He'll be short lived but entirely evil. Israel will stand alone...but God will fight for them and they will prevail, not as Jews but as Christians because they will recognize Jesus for who he really is.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I used to care.

Honestly I did, but after decades of watching the modern state of Israel bilk the US out of billions of dollars, and play their games a la Epstein I don’t anymore. Let them figure it out. I hold no special place in my heart for the European Jews that settled the modern secular state of Israel. Same as I feel towards the Vatican.

I believe church is people, and not fixed to a place. A beautiful glade in the woods where you feel close to god? That’s church too.

The rest is nonsense looking to take you for a ride and steal from you.
this

The Church is Israel, and has nothing to do with a Middle Eastern nation-state of the same name.

Z
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And that’s where things perhaps get a little tricky.

In today’s world there is a nation-state named Israel that is occupying much of the geography that the Old Testament refers to as the promised land. So does this really mean that if we want God’s blessing, we have to support the modern nation-state of Israel and everything that they do…?

The New Testament makes it pretty clear that the Israel of God is NOT a modern nation-state and that it is NOT made up of the people who occupy it. The New Testament makes it pretty clear that the Israel of God is Jesus and ALL of those people who are united to Him by grace alone through faith alone.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, it's tricky. We can't support sin and if what they do is sinful, we can't support that. As for their refusal to accept Christ, that's God's to deal with. He has a plan and it's not our place to interfere with that.
Over the last 2000 years, the RCC has brutalized Jews and they will pay dearly for that. Some protestant churches have done the same, the Church of England in particular.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Yes, it's tricky. We can't support sin and if what they do is sinful, we can't support that. As for their refusal to accept Christ, that's God's to deal with. He has a plan and it's not our place to interfere with that.
Over the last 2000 years, the RCC has brutalized Jews and they will pay dearly for that. Some protestant churches have done the same, the Church of England in particular.
You should investigate RCC teaching on the Jews and the history.

I don't believe current Judaism constitutes God's current chosen people. They were in the OT, but the New fulfilled the Old, and that fulfillment is that people of all nations constitute "God's people".

Personally, I'm not "anti-Jewish". I think the problems Christendom faced with them in the past should be dealt with legislatively in laws that apply to everyone. Of course, if anyone thinks that would look like "FREEDOM" or "MY RIGHTZ" or what the current American legal landscape looks like, they are *way* off base.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It will be rebuilt as the seat of The Beast, and nothing else.

There was once a Roman Emperor who was a filo-Semitic. He handed over to a Jewish architect unlimited financial backing to reconstruct the Temple in Jerusalem. He immediately went to work to rebuild it, but his workers kept getting incinerated by jets of fire that would blast from unknown sources underground. Eventually, all the workers quit over this, and the project was abandoned.

It wasn't yet time for the rule of Antichrist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I don't believe current Judaism constitutes God's current chosen people. They were in the OT, but the New fulfilled the Old, and that fulfillment is that people of all nations constitute "God's people".

Personally, I'm not "anti-Jewish". I think the problems Christendom faced with them in the past should be dealt with legislatively in laws that apply to everyone. Of course, if anyone thinks that would look like "FREEDOM" or "MY RIGHTZ" or what the current American legal landscape looks like, they are *way* off base.

The regeneration of national Israel is the basis of the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34. God promised to forgive sins and restore fellowship to those who turned against Him.

Moses first alluded to the New Covenant in Deut 29:4. Moses foresaw Israel’s fall (in keeping the Old Covenant) but saw a time of Israel’s restoration, Deut 30:1-5.

Isaiah also prophesized the New Covenant and mentions Israel’s regeneration, Isaiah 29:22-24,30:18-20. God chose Israel from the very beginning and hasn’t abandoned or replaced His chosen people, contrary to popular belief, Isaiah 44:1-5: 44:21-23. Israel will be saved by God, Isaiah 45:17.

When God regenerates Israel, He will give His chosen people the heart to know Him (a regenerated heart), Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 36:25-27, and the Jewish people will be pardoned, Jeremiah 50:19-20.

“I will give them one heart and a new spirit…they will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 11:19-20
(Does that sound like the Jewish people have been replaced?)

The regeneration of Israel is also a predominant theme of the minor prophets. Israel’s hardening and blindness are temporary, not permanent, Romans 11:25-27.

God has a prophetic and covenant plan for Israel. The Church is not the new Israel, and the promises God made to Israel have not been transferred to the Church, at least according to scripture.

Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, Luke 1:33. This will be fulfillment of the Messianic prophesies to Israel. Jesus will rule Israel on earth from David’s throne in Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:9.

Incidentally, the RCC has distorted many Christian truths…

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I think it was Nehemiah who was rebuilding the temple after the Babylonian captivity. His men worked with a spear in 1 hand and their tools in the other. A new temple on the mount will be built the same way.

We are approaching this point in the U.S. today. If you follow Keith Graves "Christian Warrior" news feed, the Feds (FBI?) have issued multiple alerts stating that terror attacks against churches in the U.S. are imminent. Federal alerts have been provided to multiple LE organizations. But, not to churches. Go figure.

There are already multiple individual attacks against Christian churches, Christian church goers, and on Christian church properties each week that go unreported, or grossly under reported by the Lame Stream Media. And if the perp is apprehended, very seldom any type of "hate crime" charge is leveled. If same happened against mosques or muslims, it would be front page news for multiple news cycles...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Isnt today the day they sacrifice the first of the red heifers? in order to cleanse and sanctify the grounds for the building?

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

The regeneration of national Israel is the basis of the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34. God promised to forgive sins and restore fellowship to those who turned against Him.

Moses first alluded to the New Covenant in Deut 29:4. Moses foresaw Israel’s fall (in keeping the Old Covenant) but saw a time of Israel’s restoration, Deut 30:1-5.

Isaiah also prophesized the New Covenant and mentions Israel’s regeneration, Isaiah 29:22-24,30:18-20. God chose Israel from the very beginning and hasn’t abandoned or replaced His chosen people, contrary to popular belief, Isaiah 44:1-5: 44:21-23. Israel will be saved by God, Isaiah 45:17.

When God regenerates Israel, He will give His chosen people the heart to know Him (a regenerated heart), Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 36:25-27, and the Jewish people will be pardoned, Jeremiah 50:19-20.

“I will give them one heart and a new spirit…they will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 11:19-20

The regeneration of Israel is also a predominant theme of the minor prophets. Israel’s hardening and blindness are temporary, not permanent, Romans 11:25-27.

God has a prophetic and covenant plan for Israel. The Church is not the new Israel, and the promises God made to Israel have not been transferred to the Church, at least according to scripture.

Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, Luke 1:33. This will be fulfillment of the Messianic prophesies to Israel. Jesus will rule Israel on earth from David’s throne in Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:9.

You are quoting OT stuff there. Most of it pertains to events like the restoration following the Babylonian Captivity.

Re: Luke, the RCC is the new Isreal.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Last edited by hosfly; 04/26/24.

I AM AMERICA!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Who cares?

Well nobody cares what you say handy jackoff, there is that . . .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

You are quoting OT stuff there. Most of it pertains to events like the restoration following the Babylonian Captivity.

Re: Luke, the RCC is the new Isreal.
Romans 11 does a pretty good job of explaining that The Church did not take the place of Israel and never will.

In part...11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.