Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bought new in December 2023. Dandy little scope with incredible glass for the price but alas other projects are calling for $.

Wouldn’t be able to tell it’s not new, includes original box, manual, bikini cover, and even Swaro decal.

$700 TYD via Venmo/Zelle/PayPal F&F or add 3%. Ships USPS insured with tracking.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nice scope ...bad terms.

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cisco1
Nice scope ...bad terms.

Will take a personal check, just not USPS MO. Don’t have a bank local and the last MO I took was printed incorrectly which somehow led to me having to pay the PO $25 and wait 3-4 weeks for the money.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Chris is as solid a guy as there is in the fire.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Great scope and reticle combo.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by spence1875
Chris is as solid a guy as there is in the fire.

Thanks Spence!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
USPS Money order is terrible, just like their service.

Had buddy receive one for scope he sold on another site. Went to local PO cashed it and sent item at same time (the convenience of such payment) . However, couple weeks later got a letter from PO the money order was fraudulent and he owed USPS $500. As most of us would he ignored it and in turn they held his mail hostage (everything) until he paid.

I had a PO money order lost (in their care), filed to cancel it. After having to show receipt, picture, and sorts proof; they said -if- no one has cashed it (didn't matter if it was stolen or non intended cashed it), I would get money back in 90 days. About 6 months later I did get a check for it.

They are nothing but a pain and a liability. With USPS MO, you might as well be sending the item first and hope payment comes. Any form of payment is better...

And not to derail post- nice scope.

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coleridge
USPS Money order is terrible, just like their service.

Had buddy receive one for scope he sold on another site. Went to local PO cashed it and sent item at same time (the convenience of such payment) . However, couple weeks later got a letter from PO the money order was fraudulent and he owed USPS $500. As most of us would he ignored it and in turn they held his mail hostage (everything) until he paid.

I had a PO money order lost (in their care), filed to cancel it. After having to show receipt, picture, and sorts proof; they said -if- no one has cashed it (didn't matter if it was stolen or non intended cashed it), I would get money back in 90 days. About 6 months later I did get a check for it.

They are nothing but a pain and a liability. With USPS MO, you might as well be sending the item first and hope payment comes. Any form of payment is better...

And not to derail post- nice scope.

Yeah I didn't have any issues until that last one and it was awful. Blatantly their fault, yet I had to pay them to fix it and had to wait a long time for the money. Never again.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
But yet, you're shipping via usps. Lol! Now, don't get mad at me, just poking a little fun... Think about the shear volume of mail, every day, the usps handles. There's bound to be a SNAFU! I've actually had great reliability with them. There were a couple bumps, no doubt, but overall, I'm not complaining.

Now, having said all that, I'd like to purchase your scope, PM to follow.

I keep playing scope roulette with my Gentry Custom Mountain Rifle in 7×57. Hopefully, it ends with this scope! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm with Dean on the USPS. I've had no issues over the years and they move a lot of letters and parcels daily. Good scope bought by a good guy. I bet you'll like it on your 7x57.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

F
F
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
But yet, you're shipping via usps. Lol! Now, don't get mad at me, just poking a little fun... Think about the shear volume of mail, every day, the usps handles. There's bound to be a SNAFU! I've actually had great reliability with them. There were a couple bumps, no doubt, but overall, I'm not complaining.

Now, having said all that, I'd like to purchase your scope, PM to follow.

I keep playing scope roulette with my Gentry Custom Mountain Rifle in 7×57. Hopefully, it ends with this scope! Lol!

Dean is excellent to do business with! Dean, let me know when you get ready to sell scopes now. He always has a few nice ones laying around.

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
SOLD!

And my issue with a USPS wasn't shipping related. The last MO I took the buyer's PO printed a date so sloppily it could not be read. My bank then declined it due to the error, and the PO wouldn't cash it without doing a "Money order search" which cost me $25. I then I got a check in the mail a few weeks later. Was just a PITA!

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Speaking of USPS money orders. I sent in a trigger and a MO for $85. The post office lost it, then charged me $7.00 to look for a MO they lost. Six months later I got my money back but never saw the trigger again.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,658
Posts18,493,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.